|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Claudio's sister talking to when she first appears on stage?
(a) A priest.
(b) Her father.
(c) A nun.
(d) A groundskeeper.
2. Who leads Claudio through the streets when he is arrested?
(a) The deputy.
(b) The jailer.
(c) The Provost.
(d) The Duke.
3. What is the new deputy instructed to do?
(a) Enforce the laws.
(b) Fill the jails.
(c) Increase purity.
(d) Keep the peace.
4. What does the Duke plan to disguise himself as?
(a) A servant.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) A woman.
(d) A friar.
5. What does the Duke think will happen to Angelo when given power?
(a) It will make him less faithful
(b) It will drive him mad.
(c) It will harden him.
(d) It will weaken him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the new deputy want when he is appointed to his new office?
2. What has Angelo never had a weakness for in the past?
3. What does Escalus say he will do if Pompey is arrested again?
4. What is the occupation of Mistress Overdone?
5. Where does this play take place?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)