|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Duke plan to disguise himself as?
(a) A friar.
(b) A servant.
(c) A woman.
(d) A lawyer.
2. What about Isabella allows Angelo to be vulnerable?
(a) Her virtue.
(b) Her shyness.
(c) Her confidence.
(d) Her logic.
3. Where does this play take place?
4. Why does the Duke not honor the wishes of his new deputy at the beginning of the play?
(a) He does not have that power.
(b) He has no doubts about his abilities.
(c) He is in a hurry.
(d) He needs proof of worth first.
5. Who is Claudio's sister talking to when she first appears on stage?
(a) A groundskeeper.
(b) Her father.
(c) A nun.
(d) A priest.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the Duke afraid of being viewed by the people?
2. What is Froth accused of doing?
3. How does Lucio react to the news that Claudio has been arrested?
4. Why is the Duke appointing a new deputy?
5. How do the people in Vienna view the laws, according to the Duke?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)