|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the Duke think would be the best person to enforce the laws?
(a) The Duke.
(b) The Deputy.
(c) The Pope.
(d) The King.
2. What has Claudio been arrested for?
(a) Impregnating his fiancee.
(b) Gambling on Sunday.
(c) Hitting a priest.
(d) Stealing bread.
3. How does Escalus describe the new deputy?
(a) Full of mercy and justice.
(b) Full of gratitude and love.
(c) Full of pride and anger.
(d) Full of grace and honor.
4. What position does Escalus hold?
5. What does Claudio's friend call his sister when he finds her?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the Duke appointing a new deputy?
2. Who argues with Angelo about Claudio's sentence at the beginning of Act 2?
3. What kind of life does Claudio's sister want to live?
4. What does the Provost say will happen to Angelo after Claudio's execution?
5. On what point does Escalus agree with Angelo?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)