|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Claudio's fiancee?
2. What does the new deputy want when he is appointed to his new office?
(a) To prove his worth.
(b) More money.
(c) Direction and goals.
(d) Some assistants.
3. What is the new deputy instructed to do?
(a) Keep the peace.
(b) Fill the jails.
(c) Enforce the laws.
(d) Increase purity.
4. What does Pompey say people will always be tempted by?
5. How is the Duke afraid of being viewed by the people?
(a) As a debaucher.
(b) As a faithless man.
(c) As a tyrant.
(d) As a weakling.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Isabella unloosed in Angelo after pleading for her brother's life?
2. What do the gentlemen in scene two say they probably have as a result of their lifestyle?
3. What has Claudio been arrested for?
4. What does the Duke tell his new deputy to use in judgment?
5. Why is Angelo being so harsh in punishing Claudio?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)