|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who have men been sent to find after Claudio's arrest?
(a) The Duke.
(b) The Prince.
(c) The Pope.
(d) The Baron.
2. Why is the Duke leaving the city at the beginning of the play?
(a) He is not leaving the city.
(b) He has an important meeting.
(c) He has a marriage to attend.
(d) He does not say.
3. Who questions the validity of Claudio's expedited execution?
(b) The Duke.
(c) The Provost.
(d) The Pope.
4. On what point does Escalus agree with Angelo?
(a) Claudio's punishment should be harsh.
(b) Fear is the best motivator.
(c) The city is unbearable.
(d) Laws must be enforced.
5. How does Lucio react to the news that Claudio has been arrested?
(a) He is confused.
(b) He is angry.
(c) He is shocked.
(d) He is sad.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Duke think will happen to Angelo when given power?
2. Where does Claudio's sister want to live?
3. On what point does Escalus disagree with Angelo?
4. What does the Duke tell his new deputy to use in judgment?
5. Who does Isabella say is hurt by Claudio's crime?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)