|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Claudio's fiancee?
2. What is Pompey accused of?
(a) Stealing a horse.
(b) Beating his wife.
(c) Being a bawd.
(d) Selling illegal alcohol.
3. What does Escalus say he will do if Pompey is arrested again?
(a) Throw him in prison.
(b) Tell his wife.
(c) Have him whipped.
(d) Fine him heavily.
4. How does Lucio react to the news that Claudio has been arrested?
(a) He is sad.
(b) He is confused.
(c) He is angry.
(d) He is shocked.
5. On what point does Escalus agree with Angelo?
(a) Fear is the best motivator.
(b) The city is unbearable.
(c) Laws must be enforced.
(d) Claudio's punishment should be harsh.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the Duke appoint as his new deputy?
2. Who leads Claudio through the streets when he is arrested?
3. Why is the Duke leaving the city at the beginning of the play?
4. How many characters are present in the first scene?
5. Where is the Duke seeking refuge?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)