|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what point does Escalus disagree with Angelo?
(a) Claudio's punishment should be harsh.
(b) Laws must be enforced.
(c) Fear is the best motivator.
(d) The city is unbearable.
2. What does the Duke plan to disguise himself as?
(a) A woman.
(b) A friar.
(c) A lawyer.
(d) A servant.
3. How is the Duke afraid of being viewed by the people?
(a) As a tyrant.
(b) As a weakling.
(c) As a debaucher.
(d) As a faithless man.
4. Where does Claudio's sister want to live?
(a) In a monastery.
(b) At the palace.
(c) In England.
(d) In a cloister.
5. When does Angelo ask to see Isabella again after she pleads for her brother's life?
(a) The next day.
(b) When the Duke returns.
(c) On Sunday.
(d) After her brother's execution.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the Duke think would be the best person to enforce the laws?
2. What does Pompey say people will always be tempted by?
3. What does the Duke think will happen to Angelo when given power?
4. Who does the Duke appoint as his new deputy?
5. On what point does Escalus agree with Angelo?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)