|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Isabella call Angelo as she pleads for her brother's life?
(a) A bully.
(b) A tyrant.
(c) A lord.
(d) A punisher.
2. What is Pompey accused of?
(a) Beating his wife.
(b) Stealing a horse.
(c) Being a bawd.
(d) Selling illegal alcohol.
3. How is the Duke afraid of being viewed by the people?
(a) As a debaucher.
(b) As a tyrant.
(c) As a weakling.
(d) As a faithless man.
4. What does the Duke tell his new deputy to use in judgment?
(a) The law.
(b) His soul.
(c) His mind.
(d) His heart.
5. How does Lucio react to the news that Claudio has been arrested?
(a) He is confused.
(b) He is sad.
(c) He is angry.
(d) He is shocked.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Claudio's sister about his arrest?
2. How long does Pompey think the new law enforcement will last?
3. What does the Provost say will happen to Angelo after Claudio's execution?
4. How many characters are present in the first scene?
5. Who does the Duke think would be the best person to enforce the laws?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)