|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the Duke appointing a new deputy?
(a) He wants less responsibilities.
(b) The city is growing.
(c) The old one died.
(d) He is going away.
2. What is Lucio joking about the first time he is on stage?
(b) His mother.
(c) His immoral life.
3. How many characters are present in the first scene?
4. Where is the Duke seeking refuge?
(a) The friary.
(b) The monastery.
(c) The bell tower.
(d) The poor house.
5. Who is Claudio's sister talking to when she first appears on stage?
(a) A priest.
(b) Her father.
(c) A nun.
(d) A groundskeeper.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Duke plan to disguise himself as?
2. How does Angelo feel about Isabella's words?
3. What does the Duke tell his new deputy to use in judgment?
4. What does the Duke think of his city at the beginning of the play?
5. What kind of life does Claudio's sister want to live?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)