|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Duke think of his city at the beginning of the play?
(a) He has no strong feelings either way.
(b) It is too big for its boundaries.
(c) It is the best place on earth.
(d) It has become corrupt.
2. Why is the Duke leaving the city at the beginning of the play?
(a) He does not say.
(b) He is not leaving the city.
(c) He has a marriage to attend.
(d) He has an important meeting.
3. Why is the Duke appointing a new deputy?
(a) The old one died.
(b) He wants less responsibilities.
(c) He is going away.
(d) The city is growing.
4. How do the people in Vienna view the laws, according to the Duke?
(a) They laugh at them.
(b) They fear them.
(c) They don't know them.
(d) They have forgotten them.
5. What has Isabella unloosed in Angelo after pleading for her brother's life?
(a) His compassion.
(b) His temptations.
(c) His lust.
(d) His anger.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pompey say people will always be tempted by?
2. What physical feature does Angelo love most about Isabella as she pleads for Claudio's life?
3. What does the Provost say will happen to Angelo after Claudio's execution?
4. What is Claudio's sister's name?
5. What does the Duke tell his new deputy to use in judgment?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)