|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the Duke seeking refuge?
(a) The bell tower.
(b) The monastery.
(c) The poor house.
(d) The friary.
2. How does Claudio's sister feel when she first hears of her brother's arrest?
(a) She is not surprised.
(b) She feels justice has been served.
(c) She is angry.
(d) She can't believe it.
3. What does the Duke think of his city at the beginning of the play?
(a) It is the best place on earth.
(b) It is too big for its boundaries.
(c) He has no strong feelings either way.
(d) It has become corrupt.
4. How long has it been since someone was killed for fornication?
(a) 20 years.
(b) 40 years.
(d) 50 years.
5. What has Isabella unloosed in Angelo after pleading for her brother's life?
(a) His anger.
(b) His compassion.
(c) His temptations.
(d) His lust.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the occupation of Mistress Overdone?
2. What position does Escalus hold?
3. What is the name of the Friar the Duke speaks with in Act 1?
4. What is Lucio joking about the first time he is on stage?
5. What is the punishment for Claudio's crime?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)