|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Angelo being so harsh in punishing Claudio?
(a) He has a personal hatred for Claudio.
(b) He lost a lot of money gambling with Claudio.
(c) He wants to make Claudio an example.
(d) His sister is Claudio's fiancee.
2. What kind of life does Claudio's sister want to live?
(a) A serious and rigid life.
(b) A free and lively life.
(c) A happy and content life.
(d) A strict and pious life.
3. Why is Juliet sent away from the prison at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) She is being arrested as well.
(b) She is not allowed to see Claudio.
(c) Her father is ill.
(d) She is in labor.
4. Who questions the validity of Claudio's expedited execution?
(a) The Duke.
(b) The Pope.
(d) The Provost.
5. Who is Claudio's sister talking to when she first appears on stage?
(a) Her father.
(b) A priest.
(c) A nun.
(d) A groundskeeper.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lucio joking about the first time he is on stage?
2. Why is the Duke leaving the city at the beginning of the play?
3. On what point does Escalus disagree with Angelo?
4. What has Claudio been arrested for?
5. How is the Duke afraid of being viewed by the people?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)