|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Angelo feel about Isabella's words?
(a) They are aggravating.
(b) They are logical.
(c) They are compassionate.
(d) They are foolish.
2. Where is the Duke seeking refuge?
(a) The poor house.
(b) The monastery.
(c) The bell tower.
(d) The friary.
3. What about Isabella allows Angelo to be vulnerable?
(a) Her logic.
(b) Her shyness.
(c) Her confidence.
(d) Her virtue.
4. What news does Pompey bring the first time he is on stage?
(a) The brothels are being shut down.
(b) The taxes are all due.
(c) Claudio has been arrested.
(d) A town meeting has been called.
5. What does the Duke think will happen to Angelo when given power?
(a) It will drive him mad.
(b) It will weaken him.
(c) It will harden him.
(d) It will make him less faithful
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Duke tell his new deputy to use in judgment?
2. Who does Escalus invite to his house for dinner at the beginning of Act 2?
3. On what point does Escalus disagree with Angelo?
4. Why is Juliet sent away from the prison at the beginning of Act 2?
5. What does Escalus say he will do if Pompey is arrested again?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)