|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many characters are present in the first scene?
2. How does Claudio's sister feel when she first hears of her brother's arrest?
(a) She is angry.
(b) She feels justice has been served.
(c) She is not surprised.
(d) She can't believe it.
3. Who allows the laws in Vienna to go unenforced for so long?
(a) The King.
(b) The Duke.
(c) The Deputy.
(d) The Commissioner.
4. How long does Pompey think the new law enforcement will last?
(a) 5 weeks.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 10 months.
5. Where does Claudio's sister want to live?
(a) In a cloister.
(b) At the palace.
(c) In England.
(d) In a monastery.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Claudio's sister doing while he is being arrested?
2. Why is Angelo being so harsh in punishing Claudio?
3. Who argues with Angelo about Claudio's sentence at the beginning of Act 2?
4. What is the occupation of Mistress Overdone?
5. What news does Pompey bring the first time he is on stage?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)