|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the Duke appoint as his new deputy?
2. How does the Duke describe Angelo?
(a) A man of duty.
(b) A man of abstinence.
(c) A man of solace.
(d) A man of action.
3. Why is Juliet sent away from the prison at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) She is in labor.
(b) She is being arrested as well.
(c) She is not allowed to see Claudio.
(d) Her father is ill.
4. How long does Pompey think the new law enforcement will last?
(a) 10 months.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 5 weeks.
5. What does the Duke plan to do while in disguise?
(a) Help enforce the laws.
(b) Hide from his responsibility.
(c) Observe Angelo.
(d) Get opinions from the people.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Claudio's friend call his sister when he finds her?
2. What does the Duke plan to disguise himself as?
3. What is Lucio joking about the first time he is on stage?
4. What news does Pompey bring the first time he is on stage?
5. What does Isabella call Angelo as she pleads for her brother's life?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)