|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the Duke leaving the city at the beginning of the play?
(a) He is not leaving the city.
(b) He has a marriage to attend.
(c) He does not say.
(d) He has an important meeting.
2. How does Angelo feel about Isabella's words?
(a) They are compassionate.
(b) They are aggravating.
(c) They are foolish.
(d) They are logical.
3. What is the occupation of Mistress Overdone?
(c) Brothel Owner.
4. What do the gentlemen in scene two say they probably have as a result of their lifestyle?
(a) Illegitimate children.
(d) Venerial diseases.
5. Where is Claudio's sister when she first appears on stage?
(a) At a graveyard.
(b) At a convent.
(c) In her brother's house.
(d) In church.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Escalus invite to his house for dinner at the beginning of Act 2?
2. Who is trying to make an example of Claudio?
3. What is Claudio's sister doing while he is being arrested?
4. How do the people in Vienna view the laws, according to the Duke?
5. How long has it been since someone was killed for fornication?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)