|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Isabella say is hurt by Claudio's crime?
(a) His unborn child.
(b) God alone.
(d) Only himself.
2. How do the people in Vienna view the laws, according to the Duke?
(a) They laugh at them.
(b) They have forgotten them.
(c) They fear them.
(d) They don't know them.
3. What does the Duke plan to do while in disguise?
(a) Hide from his responsibility.
(b) Help enforce the laws.
(c) Get opinions from the people.
(d) Observe Angelo.
4. What is the occupation of Mistress Overdone?
(c) Brothel Owner.
5. On what point does Escalus agree with Angelo?
(a) Claudio's punishment should be harsh.
(b) Fear is the best motivator.
(c) The city is unbearable.
(d) Laws must be enforced.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Juliet sent away from the prison at the beginning of Act 2?
2. What position does Escalus hold?
3. What does the Duke think will happen to Angelo when given power?
4. How long have the laws been unenforced in Vienna?
5. How long does Pompey think the new law enforcement will last?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)