|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Claudio's sister about his arrest?
(b) A priest.
(d) A messenger.
2. What is the name of the Friar the Duke speaks with in Act 1?
3. Where does Claudio's sister want to live?
(a) At the palace.
(b) In a cloister.
(c) In England.
(d) In a monastery.
4. Why is the Duke leaving the city at the beginning of the play?
(a) He does not say.
(b) He is not leaving the city.
(c) He has an important meeting.
(d) He has a marriage to attend.
5. What does the Duke plan to disguise himself as?
(a) A woman.
(b) A friar.
(c) A servant.
(d) A lawyer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the Duke not honor the wishes of his new deputy at the beginning of the play?
2. What kind of life does Claudio's sister want to live?
3. What does Claudio's friend call his sister when he finds her?
4. Who leads Claudio through the streets when he is arrested?
5. How many characters are present in the first scene?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)