|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Duke think will happen to Angelo when given power?
(a) It will make him less faithful
(b) It will drive him mad.
(c) It will harden him.
(d) It will weaken him.
2. What is Pompey's occupation?
3. Where does Claudio's sister want to live?
(a) In a monastery.
(b) At the palace.
(c) In a cloister.
(d) In England.
4. How does Lucio react to the news that Claudio has been arrested?
(a) He is angry.
(b) He is confused.
(c) He is sad.
(d) He is shocked.
5. Who does the Duke think would be the best person to enforce the laws?
(a) The Pope.
(b) The King.
(c) The Duke.
(d) The Deputy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lucio joking about the first time he is on stage?
2. Who does the Duke appoint as his new deputy?
3. Who leads Claudio through the streets when he is arrested?
4. What is the name of the Friar the Duke speaks with in Act 1?
5. What has Angelo never had a weakness for in the past?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)