|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the people in Vienna view the laws, according to the Duke?
(a) They have forgotten them.
(b) They laugh at them.
(c) They don't know them.
(d) They fear them.
2. What has Angelo never had a weakness for in the past?
(a) Human appetites.
(b) Trying to be popular.
(d) Breaking the law.
3. Why is the Duke leaving the city at the beginning of the play?
(a) He has an important meeting.
(b) He does not say.
(c) He is not leaving the city.
(d) He has a marriage to attend.
4. What does the Duke think of his city at the beginning of the play?
(a) It is the best place on earth.
(b) It has become corrupt.
(c) He has no strong feelings either way.
(d) It is too big for its boundaries.
5. How many characters are present in the first scene?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Pompey's occupation?
2. Where does Claudio's sister want to live?
3. How does Escalus describe the new deputy?
4. What is Lucio joking about the first time he is on stage?
5. What is the punishment for Claudio's crime?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)