|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the people in Vienna view the laws, according to the Duke?
(a) They don't know them.
(b) They fear them.
(c) They have forgotten them.
(d) They laugh at them.
2. What does the Duke think of his city at the beginning of the play?
(a) It has become corrupt.
(b) It is too big for its boundaries.
(c) It is the best place on earth.
(d) He has no strong feelings either way.
3. What has Claudio been arrested for?
(a) Gambling on Sunday.
(b) Hitting a priest.
(c) Stealing bread.
(d) Impregnating his fiancee.
4. Who have men been sent to find after Claudio's arrest?
(a) The Baron.
(b) The Prince.
(c) The Duke.
(d) The Pope.
5. Who allows the laws in Vienna to go unenforced for so long?
(a) The King.
(b) The Duke.
(c) The Commissioner.
(d) The Deputy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Claudio's sister's name?
2. What is the punishment for Claudio's crime?
3. Why does the Duke not honor the wishes of his new deputy at the beginning of the play?
4. What is the new deputy instructed to do?
5. What kind of life does Claudio's sister want to live?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)