|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the Duke think would be the best person to enforce the laws?
(a) The Deputy.
(b) The Duke.
(c) The Pope.
(d) The King.
2. Why is the Duke appointing a new deputy?
(a) He is going away.
(b) He wants less responsibilities.
(c) The city is growing.
(d) The old one died.
3. What is the new deputy instructed to do?
(a) Fill the jails.
(b) Increase purity.
(c) Keep the peace.
(d) Enforce the laws.
4. How does Claudio's sister feel when she first hears of her brother's arrest?
(a) She feels justice has been served.
(b) She can't believe it.
(c) She is not surprised.
(d) She is angry.
5. Where is Claudio's sister when she first appears on stage?
(a) At a convent.
(b) At a graveyard.
(c) In church.
(d) In her brother's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the Duke not honor the wishes of his new deputy at the beginning of the play?
2. What is the name of Claudio's fiancee?
3. How does the Duke describe Angelo?
4. What is the punishment for Claudio's crime?
5. What do the gentlemen in scene two say they probably have as a result of their lifestyle?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)