|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the Duke seeking refuge?
(a) The monastery.
(b) The friary.
(c) The bell tower.
(d) The poor house.
2. Who allows the laws in Vienna to go unenforced for so long?
(a) The Deputy.
(b) The King.
(c) The Commissioner.
(d) The Duke.
3. How does Escalus describe the new deputy?
(a) Full of gratitude and love.
(b) Full of mercy and justice.
(c) Full of grace and honor.
(d) Full of pride and anger.
4. What kind of life does Claudio's sister want to live?
(a) A serious and rigid life.
(b) A strict and pious life.
(c) A happy and content life.
(d) A free and lively life.
5. What does Claudio's sister promise to do when she hears of her brother's arrest?
(a) Pray for him.
(b) Bless him.
(c) Try to help him.
(d) Visit him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lucio react to the news that Claudio has been arrested?
2. Where does Claudio's sister want to live?
3. What kind of occupation is Claudio's sister trying to obtain?
4. What position does Escalus hold?
5. What do the gentlemen in scene two say they probably have as a result of their lifestyle?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)