|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the Friar the Duke speaks with in Act 1?
2. What does the Duke think of his city at the beginning of the play?
(a) It has become corrupt.
(b) It is the best place on earth.
(c) He has no strong feelings either way.
(d) It is too big for its boundaries.
3. Who does the Duke think would be the best person to enforce the laws?
(a) The Pope.
(b) The Duke.
(c) The King.
(d) The Deputy.
4. Who does the Duke appoint as his new deputy?
5. How does Lucio react to the news that Claudio has been arrested?
(a) He is sad.
(b) He is shocked.
(c) He is confused.
(d) He is angry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Pompey's occupation?
2. What is the new deputy instructed to do?
3. Who have men been sent to find after Claudio's arrest?
4. How long have the laws been unenforced in Vienna?
5. How is the Duke afraid of being viewed by the people?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)