|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the Duke not honor the wishes of his new deputy at the beginning of the play?
(a) He does not have that power.
(b) He has no doubts about his abilities.
(c) He needs proof of worth first.
(d) He is in a hurry.
2. What is the punishment for Claudio's crime?
(b) Drawn and Quartered.
(c) Life in prison.
3. Where does Claudio's sister want to live?
(a) In a cloister.
(b) In a monastery.
(c) At the palace.
(d) In England.
4. Who is trying to make an example of Claudio?
(c) The Duke.
5. What has Claudio been arrested for?
(a) Gambling on Sunday.
(b) Hitting a priest.
(c) Stealing bread.
(d) Impregnating his fiancee.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the Duke appointing a new deputy?
2. What is Claudio's sister's name?
3. Who leads Claudio through the streets when he is arrested?
4. Who is Claudio's sister talking to when she first appears on stage?
5. What kind of life does Claudio's sister want to live?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)