|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Claudio's friend call his sister when he finds her?
2. What does the Duke plan to disguise himself as?
(a) A servant.
(b) A woman.
(c) A friar.
(d) A lawyer.
3. What does the Duke plan to do while in disguise?
(a) Get opinions from the people.
(b) Help enforce the laws.
(c) Hide from his responsibility.
(d) Observe Angelo.
4. What is the new deputy instructed to do?
(a) Enforce the laws.
(b) Increase purity.
(c) Fill the jails.
(d) Keep the peace.
5. What do the gentlemen in scene two say they probably have as a result of their lifestyle?
(a) Illegitimate children.
(d) Venerial diseases.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the Duke appointing a new deputy?
2. Who leads Claudio through the streets when he is arrested?
3. Who does the Duke think would be the best person to enforce the laws?
4. What is Pompey's occupation?
5. Who tells Claudio's sister about his arrest?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)