|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who have men been sent to find after Claudio's arrest?
(a) The Prince.
(b) The Pope.
(c) The Baron.
(d) The Duke.
2. How does Lucio react to the news that Claudio has been arrested?
(a) He is angry.
(b) He is confused.
(c) He is shocked.
(d) He is sad.
3. Who allows the laws in Vienna to go unenforced for so long?
(a) The Duke.
(b) The King.
(c) The Deputy.
(d) The Commissioner.
4. Why is the Duke appointing a new deputy?
(a) He wants less responsibilities.
(b) The city is growing.
(c) The old one died.
(d) He is going away.
5. How does Claudio's sister feel when she first hears of her brother's arrest?
(a) She feels justice has been served.
(b) She is not surprised.
(c) She is angry.
(d) She can't believe it.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long have the laws been unenforced in Vienna?
2. What is Claudio's sister's name?
3. Why does the Duke not honor the wishes of his new deputy at the beginning of the play?
4. How do the people in Vienna view the laws, according to the Duke?
5. Who leads Claudio through the streets when he is arrested?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)