|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Claudio's sister promise to do when she hears of her brother's arrest?
(a) Visit him.
(b) Pray for him.
(c) Try to help him.
(d) Bless him.
2. What has Angelo never had a weakness for in the past?
(a) Trying to be popular.
(c) Human appetites.
(d) Breaking the law.
3. How does the Duke describe Angelo?
(a) A man of action.
(b) A man of abstinence.
(c) A man of duty.
(d) A man of solace.
4. How many characters are present in the first scene?
5. Where is Claudio's sister when she first appears on stage?
(a) In church.
(b) At a graveyard.
(c) In her brother's house.
(d) At a convent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Claudio been arrested for?
2. How do the people in Vienna view the laws, according to the Duke?
3. How long have the laws been unenforced in Vienna?
4. Who leads Claudio through the streets when he is arrested?
5. What is the name of the Friar the Duke speaks with in Act 1?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)