|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the new deputy want when he is appointed to his new office?
(a) To prove his worth.
(b) Some assistants.
(c) More money.
(d) Direction and goals.
2. Where does this play take place?
3. Why does the Duke not honor the wishes of his new deputy at the beginning of the play?
(a) He is in a hurry.
(b) He does not have that power.
(c) He needs proof of worth first.
(d) He has no doubts about his abilities.
4. Who have men been sent to find after Claudio's arrest?
(a) The Prince.
(b) The Pope.
(c) The Baron.
(d) The Duke.
5. Who does the Duke think would be the best person to enforce the laws?
(a) The Pope.
(b) The Duke.
(c) The King.
(d) The Deputy.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the people in Vienna view the laws, according to the Duke?
2. How many characters are present in the first scene?
3. Where is the Duke seeking refuge?
4. What is Claudio's sister doing while he is being arrested?
5. Where does Claudio's sister want to live?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)