|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who leads Claudio through the streets when he is arrested?
(a) The Provost.
(b) The deputy.
(c) The jailer.
(d) The Duke.
2. What does Claudio's friend call his sister when he finds her?
3. How does Claudio's sister feel when she first hears of her brother's arrest?
(a) She is angry.
(b) She is not surprised.
(c) She can't believe it.
(d) She feels justice has been served.
4. What does the Duke plan to do while in disguise?
(a) Observe Angelo.
(b) Hide from his responsibility.
(c) Help enforce the laws.
(d) Get opinions from the people.
5. Why is the Duke leaving the city at the beginning of the play?
(a) He has a marriage to attend.
(b) He does not say.
(c) He is not leaving the city.
(d) He has an important meeting.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Claudio's sister's name?
2. Who does the Duke appoint as his new deputy?
3. What do the gentlemen in scene two say they probably have as a result of their lifestyle?
4. How is the Duke afraid of being viewed by the people?
5. What does the Duke plan to disguise himself as?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)