|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Duke tell his new deputy to use in judgment?
(a) The law.
(b) His heart.
(c) His mind.
(d) His soul.
2. What kind of life does Claudio's sister want to live?
(a) A strict and pious life.
(b) A serious and rigid life.
(c) A free and lively life.
(d) A happy and content life.
3. Where does this play take place?
4. Who leads Claudio through the streets when he is arrested?
(a) The Duke.
(b) The deputy.
(c) The Provost.
(d) The jailer.
5. What is the name of Claudio's fiancee?
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the people in Vienna view the laws, according to the Duke?
2. Why is the Duke appointing a new deputy?
3. Who have men been sent to find after Claudio's arrest?
4. Who allows the laws in Vienna to go unenforced for so long?
5. What is the new deputy instructed to do?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)