|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Pompey's occupation?
2. What does the new deputy want when he is appointed to his new office?
(a) To prove his worth.
(b) Direction and goals.
(c) Some assistants.
(d) More money.
3. What does the Duke think of his city at the beginning of the play?
(a) It is the best place on earth.
(b) He has no strong feelings either way.
(c) It has become corrupt.
(d) It is too big for its boundaries.
4. How does the Duke describe Angelo?
(a) A man of abstinence.
(b) A man of solace.
(c) A man of action.
(d) A man of duty.
5. What is the name of Claudio's fiancee?
Short Answer Questions
1. What position does Escalus hold?
2. Who does the Duke appoint as his new deputy?
3. How long have the laws been unenforced in Vienna?
4. What has Claudio been arrested for?
5. How many characters are present in the first scene?
This section contains 166 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)