|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the new deputy instructed to do?
(a) Increase purity.
(b) Keep the peace.
(c) Enforce the laws.
(d) Fill the jails.
2. How is the Duke afraid of being viewed by the people?
(a) As a debaucher.
(b) As a tyrant.
(c) As a faithless man.
(d) As a weakling.
3. What do the gentlemen in scene two say they probably have as a result of their lifestyle?
(a) Illegitimate children.
(c) Venerial diseases.
4. What does the Duke think of his city at the beginning of the play?
(a) He has no strong feelings either way.
(b) It is too big for its boundaries.
(c) It has become corrupt.
(d) It is the best place on earth.
5. What is Lucio joking about the first time he is on stage?
(a) His immoral life.
(c) His mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Duke think will happen to Angelo when given power?
2. What is the name of Claudio's fiancee?
3. How many characters are present in the first scene?
4. Why is Angelo being so harsh in punishing Claudio?
5. What is the name of the Friar the Duke speaks with in Act 1?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)