|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long have the laws been unenforced in Vienna?
(a) 14 years.
(b) 16 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 12 years.
2. How do the people in Vienna view the laws, according to the Duke?
(a) They don't know them.
(b) They laugh at them.
(c) They fear them.
(d) They have forgotten them.
3. What position does Escalus hold?
4. How does Lucio react to the news that Claudio has been arrested?
(a) He is sad.
(b) He is confused.
(c) He is angry.
(d) He is shocked.
5. What does the Duke think of his city at the beginning of the play?
(a) It is the best place on earth.
(b) It is too big for its boundaries.
(c) It has become corrupt.
(d) He has no strong feelings either way.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the punishment for Claudio's crime?
2. What is Pompey's occupation?
3. How many characters are present in the first scene?
4. How does Escalus describe the new deputy?
5. What is Claudio's sister doing while he is being arrested?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)