|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What position does Escalus hold?
2. What is the new deputy instructed to do?
(a) Enforce the laws.
(b) Fill the jails.
(c) Keep the peace.
(d) Increase purity.
3. What does the Duke tell his new deputy to use in judgment?
(a) His mind.
(b) His soul.
(c) His heart.
(d) The law.
4. What does the new deputy want when he is appointed to his new office?
(a) More money.
(b) Direction and goals.
(c) Some assistants.
(d) To prove his worth.
5. What is the punishment for Claudio's crime?
(a) Life in prison.
(b) Drawn and Quartered.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Duke plan to do while in disguise?
2. Who leads Claudio through the streets when he is arrested?
3. What does the Duke think of his city at the beginning of the play?
4. What does the Duke plan to disguise himself as?
5. What is Claudio's sister doing while he is being arrested?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)