|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the people in Vienna view the laws, according to the Duke?
(a) They have forgotten them.
(b) They laugh at them.
(c) They fear them.
(d) They don't know them.
2. Why does the Duke not honor the wishes of his new deputy at the beginning of the play?
(a) He does not have that power.
(b) He has no doubts about his abilities.
(c) He is in a hurry.
(d) He needs proof of worth first.
3. How long have the laws been unenforced in Vienna?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 12 years.
(c) 16 years.
(d) 14 years.
4. What position does Escalus hold?
5. What is Lucio joking about the first time he is on stage?
(b) His mother.
(d) His immoral life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Duke tell his new deputy to use in judgment?
2. What is Claudio's sister doing while he is being arrested?
3. What does the Duke plan to do while in disguise?
4. Who leads Claudio through the streets when he is arrested?
5. What does the Duke plan to disguise himself as?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)