|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the new deputy want when he is appointed to his new office?
(a) More money.
(b) To prove his worth.
(c) Some assistants.
(d) Direction and goals.
2. Why is the Duke appointing a new deputy?
(a) The old one died.
(b) He is going away.
(c) He wants less responsibilities.
(d) The city is growing.
3. What is Claudio's sister doing while he is being arrested?
(a) Having a baby.
(b) Becoming a nun.
(c) Getting married.
(d) Burrying her husband.
4. How does the Duke describe Angelo?
(a) A man of duty.
(b) A man of abstinence.
(c) A man of action.
(d) A man of solace.
5. How is the Duke afraid of being viewed by the people?
(a) As a faithless man.
(b) As a debaucher.
(c) As a tyrant.
(d) As a weakling.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Angelo never had a weakness for in the past?
2. What position does Escalus hold?
3. What is the occupation of Mistress Overdone?
4. Why is Angelo being so harsh in punishing Claudio?
5. What does the Duke tell his new deputy to use in judgment?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)