|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Angelo being so harsh in punishing Claudio?
(a) He wants to make Claudio an example.
(b) His sister is Claudio's fiancee.
(c) He lost a lot of money gambling with Claudio.
(d) He has a personal hatred for Claudio.
2. What does the Duke tell his new deputy to use in judgment?
(a) The law.
(b) His heart.
(c) His mind.
(d) His soul.
3. How does the Duke describe Angelo?
(a) A man of solace.
(b) A man of action.
(c) A man of duty.
(d) A man of abstinence.
4. What has Claudio been arrested for?
(a) Gambling on Sunday.
(b) Hitting a priest.
(c) Impregnating his fiancee.
(d) Stealing bread.
5. How do the people in Vienna view the laws, according to the Duke?
(a) They don't know them.
(b) They fear them.
(c) They have forgotten them.
(d) They laugh at them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the Duke appointing a new deputy?
2. What is the occupation of Mistress Overdone?
3. What is the punishment for Claudio's crime?
4. What does the Duke plan to disguise himself as?
5. How is the Duke afraid of being viewed by the people?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)