|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Duke think will happen to Angelo when given power?
(a) It will drive him mad.
(b) It will harden him.
(c) It will weaken him.
(d) It will make him less faithful
2. What is the occupation of Mistress Overdone?
(a) Brothel Owner.
3. How does the Duke describe Angelo?
(a) A man of abstinence.
(b) A man of solace.
(c) A man of duty.
(d) A man of action.
4. Who does the Duke appoint as his new deputy?
5. How do the people in Vienna view the laws, according to the Duke?
(a) They laugh at them.
(b) They have forgotten them.
(c) They don't know them.
(d) They fear them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the Duke think would be the best person to enforce the laws?
2. What does the Duke think of his city at the beginning of the play?
3. Where is the Duke seeking refuge?
4. How is the Duke afraid of being viewed by the people?
5. What news does Pompey bring the first time he is on stage?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)