|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the Duke think would be the best person to enforce the laws?
(a) The Pope.
(b) The Duke.
(c) The Deputy.
(d) The King.
2. How is the Duke afraid of being viewed by the people?
(a) As a tyrant.
(b) As a debaucher.
(c) As a faithless man.
(d) As a weakling.
3. What is Claudio's sister doing while he is being arrested?
(a) Burrying her husband.
(b) Becoming a nun.
(c) Getting married.
(d) Having a baby.
4. What does the Duke plan to do while in disguise?
(a) Observe Angelo.
(b) Help enforce the laws.
(c) Get opinions from the people.
(d) Hide from his responsibility.
5. What is Lucio joking about the first time he is on stage?
(b) His immoral life.
(c) His mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Duke describe Angelo?
2. What has Claudio been arrested for?
3. How long have the laws been unenforced in Vienna?
4. Where is the Duke seeking refuge?
5. What is the name of the Friar the Duke speaks with in Act 1?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)