|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Duke tell his new deputy to use in judgment?
(a) His mind.
(b) His heart.
(c) The law.
(d) His soul.
2. Why does the Duke not honor the wishes of his new deputy at the beginning of the play?
(a) He is in a hurry.
(b) He has no doubts about his abilities.
(c) He needs proof of worth first.
(d) He does not have that power.
3. Where is the Duke seeking refuge?
(a) The monastery.
(b) The friary.
(c) The bell tower.
(d) The poor house.
4. Where does this play take place?
5. Why is the Duke leaving the city at the beginning of the play?
(a) He does not say.
(b) He has a marriage to attend.
(c) He has an important meeting.
(d) He is not leaving the city.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Claudio been arrested for?
2. Why is Angelo being so harsh in punishing Claudio?
3. What is the new deputy instructed to do?
4. What does the Duke think will happen to Angelo when given power?
5. What is the name of Claudio's fiancee?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)