|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Claudio's sister doing while he is being arrested?
(a) Becoming a nun.
(b) Having a baby.
(c) Getting married.
(d) Burrying her husband.
2. What does the Duke tell his new deputy to use in judgment?
(a) His mind.
(b) His soul.
(c) The law.
(d) His heart.
3. Why is the Duke leaving the city at the beginning of the play?
(a) He does not say.
(b) He has a marriage to attend.
(c) He has an important meeting.
(d) He is not leaving the city.
4. What news does Pompey bring the first time he is on stage?
(a) The taxes are all due.
(b) Claudio has been arrested.
(c) The brothels are being shut down.
(d) A town meeting has been called.
5. What does the Duke plan to disguise himself as?
(a) A servant.
(b) A woman.
(c) A friar.
(d) A lawyer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Pompey's occupation?
2. What does the Duke think of his city at the beginning of the play?
3. Who does the Duke think would be the best person to enforce the laws?
4. Why is Angelo being so harsh in punishing Claudio?
5. How many characters are present in the first scene?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)