|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the Duke not honor the wishes of his new deputy at the beginning of the play?
(a) He is in a hurry.
(b) He has no doubts about his abilities.
(c) He does not have that power.
(d) He needs proof of worth first.
2. Why is the Duke appointing a new deputy?
(a) The city is growing.
(b) The old one died.
(c) He is going away.
(d) He wants less responsibilities.
3. How long have the laws been unenforced in Vienna?
(a) 14 years.
(b) 16 years.
(c) 12 years.
(d) 10 years.
4. Who does the Duke appoint as his new deputy?
5. What position does Escalus hold?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Escalus describe the new deputy?
2. What does the Duke tell his new deputy to use in judgment?
3. Who allows the laws in Vienna to go unenforced for so long?
4. What is Lucio joking about the first time he is on stage?
5. What is Claudio's sister doing while he is being arrested?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)