|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the new deputy instructed to do?
(a) Enforce the laws.
(b) Keep the peace.
(c) Fill the jails.
(d) Increase purity.
2. What do the gentlemen in scene two say they probably have as a result of their lifestyle?
(c) Venerial diseases.
(d) Illegitimate children.
3. What does the Duke plan to do while in disguise?
(a) Observe Angelo.
(b) Help enforce the laws.
(c) Get opinions from the people.
(d) Hide from his responsibility.
4. Who allows the laws in Vienna to go unenforced for so long?
(a) The Duke.
(b) The Commissioner.
(c) The King.
(d) The Deputy.
5. What does the Duke plan to disguise himself as?
(a) A lawyer.
(b) A woman.
(c) A servant.
(d) A friar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Pompey's occupation?
2. Why is Angelo being so harsh in punishing Claudio?
3. What is the occupation of Mistress Overdone?
4. Who leads Claudio through the streets when he is arrested?
5. How does Lucio react to the news that Claudio has been arrested?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)