|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the Duke leaving the city at the beginning of the play?
(a) He does not say.
(b) He has a marriage to attend.
(c) He has an important meeting.
(d) He is not leaving the city.
2. Why does the Duke not honor the wishes of his new deputy at the beginning of the play?
(a) He has no doubts about his abilities.
(b) He is in a hurry.
(c) He does not have that power.
(d) He needs proof of worth first.
3. What is the punishment for Claudio's crime?
(a) Life in prison.
(c) Drawn and Quartered.
4. Why is Angelo being so harsh in punishing Claudio?
(a) He lost a lot of money gambling with Claudio.
(b) He wants to make Claudio an example.
(c) He has a personal hatred for Claudio.
(d) His sister is Claudio's fiancee.
5. How does Escalus describe the new deputy?
(a) Full of pride and anger.
(b) Full of mercy and justice.
(c) Full of gratitude and love.
(d) Full of grace and honor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the gentlemen in scene two say they probably have as a result of their lifestyle?
2. What does the Duke tell his new deputy to use in judgment?
3. What does the Duke plan to disguise himself as?
4. What is Lucio joking about the first time he is on stage?
5. What has Claudio been arrested for?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)