|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who leads Claudio through the streets when he is arrested?
(a) The Duke.
(b) The jailer.
(c) The deputy.
(d) The Provost.
2. What is the new deputy instructed to do?
(a) Increase purity.
(b) Fill the jails.
(c) Enforce the laws.
(d) Keep the peace.
3. How do the people in Vienna view the laws, according to the Duke?
(a) They have forgotten them.
(b) They fear them.
(c) They laugh at them.
(d) They don't know them.
4. How does Lucio react to the news that Claudio has been arrested?
(a) He is sad.
(b) He is angry.
(c) He is confused.
(d) He is shocked.
5. Why is the Duke leaving the city at the beginning of the play?
(a) He is not leaving the city.
(b) He has a marriage to attend.
(c) He does not say.
(d) He has an important meeting.
Short Answer Questions
1. What position does Escalus hold?
2. Who allows the laws in Vienna to go unenforced for so long?
3. What has Claudio been arrested for?
4. What does the Duke think will happen to Angelo when given power?
5. How does the Duke describe Angelo?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)