|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Duke tell his new deputy to use in judgment?
(a) His mind.
(b) His soul.
(c) The law.
(d) His heart.
2. What is the occupation of Mistress Overdone?
(a) Brothel Owner.
3. What has Angelo never had a weakness for in the past?
(b) Human appetites.
(c) Breaking the law.
(d) Trying to be popular.
4. What has Claudio been arrested for?
(a) Stealing bread.
(b) Impregnating his fiancee.
(c) Gambling on Sunday.
(d) Hitting a priest.
5. Where does this play take place?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Escalus describe the new deputy?
2. Why is Angelo being so harsh in punishing Claudio?
3. What news does Pompey bring the first time he is on stage?
4. What does the Duke think will happen to Angelo when given power?
5. How is the Duke afraid of being viewed by the people?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)