|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who leads Claudio through the streets when he is arrested?
(a) The deputy.
(b) The jailer.
(c) The Provost.
(d) The Duke.
2. How long have the laws been unenforced in Vienna?
(a) 14 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 16 years.
(d) 12 years.
3. What does the Duke think of his city at the beginning of the play?
(a) He has no strong feelings either way.
(b) It has become corrupt.
(c) It is the best place on earth.
(d) It is too big for its boundaries.
4. What has Claudio been arrested for?
(a) Impregnating his fiancee.
(b) Hitting a priest.
(c) Gambling on Sunday.
(d) Stealing bread.
5. What does the new deputy want when he is appointed to his new office?
(a) Some assistants.
(b) More money.
(c) Direction and goals.
(d) To prove his worth.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Escalus describe the new deputy?
2. What do the gentlemen in scene two say they probably have as a result of their lifestyle?
3. What does the Duke plan to do while in disguise?
4. Why is Angelo being so harsh in punishing Claudio?
5. Who allows the laws in Vienna to go unenforced for so long?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)