|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who leads Claudio through the streets when he is arrested?
(a) The jailer.
(b) The Duke.
(c) The Provost.
(d) The deputy.
2. What is Pompey's occupation?
3. What news does Pompey bring the first time he is on stage?
(a) The taxes are all due.
(b) The brothels are being shut down.
(c) A town meeting has been called.
(d) Claudio has been arrested.
4. How do the people in Vienna view the laws, according to the Duke?
(a) They laugh at them.
(b) They don't know them.
(c) They fear them.
(d) They have forgotten them.
5. Why is Angelo being so harsh in punishing Claudio?
(a) He wants to make Claudio an example.
(b) He has a personal hatred for Claudio.
(c) His sister is Claudio's fiancee.
(d) He lost a lot of money gambling with Claudio.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Duke describe Angelo?
2. What is the name of Claudio's fiancee?
3. What is Claudio's sister doing while he is being arrested?
4. How is the Duke afraid of being viewed by the people?
5. How long have the laws been unenforced in Vienna?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)