|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the people in Vienna view the laws, according to the Duke?
(a) They have forgotten them.
(b) They laugh at them.
(c) They fear them.
(d) They don't know them.
2. How long have the laws been unenforced in Vienna?
(a) 16 years.
(b) 14 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 12 years.
3. Who does the Duke think would be the best person to enforce the laws?
(a) The King.
(b) The Duke.
(c) The Pope.
(d) The Deputy.
4. What is Lucio joking about the first time he is on stage?
(b) His mother.
(c) His immoral life.
5. What is Claudio's sister doing while he is being arrested?
(a) Becoming a nun.
(b) Burrying her husband.
(c) Having a baby.
(d) Getting married.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Duke think of his city at the beginning of the play?
2. How does Escalus describe the new deputy?
3. What do the gentlemen in scene two say they probably have as a result of their lifestyle?
4. What is Pompey's occupation?
5. What is the new deputy instructed to do?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)