|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the Duke think would be the best person to enforce the laws?
(a) The Duke.
(b) The Pope.
(c) The King.
(d) The Deputy.
2. What is the name of Claudio's fiancee?
3. How does Escalus describe the new deputy?
(a) Full of mercy and justice.
(b) Full of gratitude and love.
(c) Full of pride and anger.
(d) Full of grace and honor.
4. What position does Escalus hold?
5. What is Lucio joking about the first time he is on stage?
(a) His mother.
(d) His immoral life.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does this play take place?
2. What does the Duke tell his new deputy to use in judgment?
3. Why does the Duke not honor the wishes of his new deputy at the beginning of the play?
4. How does the Duke describe Angelo?
5. What is the punishment for Claudio's crime?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)