|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Duke plan to disguise himself as?
(a) A woman.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) A servant.
(d) A friar.
2. What does the Duke plan to do while in disguise?
(a) Hide from his responsibility.
(b) Observe Angelo.
(c) Help enforce the laws.
(d) Get opinions from the people.
3. What does the Duke think will happen to Angelo when given power?
(a) It will drive him mad.
(b) It will harden him.
(c) It will weaken him.
(d) It will make him less faithful
4. What is Pompey's occupation?
5. Why is the Duke leaving the city at the beginning of the play?
(a) He has an important meeting.
(b) He does not say.
(c) He has a marriage to attend.
(d) He is not leaving the city.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Duke tell his new deputy to use in judgment?
2. How long have the laws been unenforced in Vienna?
3. Why does the Duke not honor the wishes of his new deputy at the beginning of the play?
4. Who does the Duke think would be the best person to enforce the laws?
5. How does Escalus describe the new deputy?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)