Eight Week Quiz C
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what point does Escalus disagree with Angelo?
(a) Claudio's punishment should be harsh.
(b) Laws must be enforced.
(c) Fear is the best motivator.
(d) The city is unbearable.
2. How is the Duke afraid of being viewed by the people?
(a) As a weakling.
(b) As a debaucher.
(c) As a faithless man.
(d) As a tyrant.
3. How long does Pompey think the new law enforcement will last?
(a) 10 months.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 5 weeks.
4. What news does Pompey bring the first time he is on stage?
(a) The taxes are all due.
(b) The brothels are being shut down.
(c) Claudio has been arrested.
(d) A town meeting has been called.
5. How does Lucio react to the news that Claudio has been arrested?
(a) He is confused.
(b) He is angry.
(c) He is sad.
(d) He is shocked.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Angelo ask to see Isabella again after she pleads for her brother's life?
2. What has Isabella unloosed in Angelo after pleading for her brother's life?
3. What does the Duke tell his new deputy to use in judgment?
4. What physical feature does Angelo love most about Isabella as she pleads for Claudio's life?
5. What do the gentlemen in scene two say they probably have as a result of their lifestyle?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)