Eight Week Quiz A
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who allows the laws in Vienna to go unenforced for so long?
(a) The King.
(b) The Deputy.
(c) The Commissioner.
(d) The Duke.
2. What has Claudio been arrested for?
(a) Gambling on Sunday.
(b) Stealing bread.
(c) Hitting a priest.
(d) Impregnating his fiancee.
3. What does the Duke plan to do while in disguise?
(a) Get opinions from the people.
(b) Help enforce the laws.
(c) Hide from his responsibility.
(d) Observe Angelo.
4. What does the Duke tell his new deputy to use in judgment?
(a) His soul.
(b) The law.
(c) His heart.
(d) His mind.
5. What is the new deputy instructed to do?
(a) Increase purity.
(b) Fill the jails.
(c) Keep the peace.
(d) Enforce the laws.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Duke think will happen to Angelo when given power?
2. What has Angelo never had a weakness for in the past?
3. What position does Escalus hold?
4. Where is the Duke seeking refuge?
5. How does Escalus describe the new deputy?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)