|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who leads Claudio through the streets when he is arrested?
(a) The jailer.
(b) The Provost.
(c) The deputy.
(d) The Duke.
2. What does the Duke tell Isabella to put her faith in when she is told Claudio was killed?
(a) Her heart.
(b) The Duke.
(c) The church.
3. What is the Constable's name?
4. What does the disguised Duke tell Lucio to do when the Duke returns?
(a) Accuse him of the crimes he has seen.
(b) Tell him about Angelo's cruelty.
(c) Plead Claudio's case with him.
(d) Tell him about the kind Friar.
5. On what point does Escalus agree with Angelo?
(a) Fear is the best motivator.
(b) Laws must be enforced.
(c) The city is unbearable.
(d) Claudio's punishment should be harsh.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the Duke afraid of being viewed by the people?
2. Why does Angelo choose to not marry his fiancee?
3. What news does Pompey bring the first time he is on stage?
4. How does Angelo's fiancee feel about him after he refuses to marry her?
5. What physical feature does Angelo love most about Isabella as she pleads for Claudio's life?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)