|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first woman the Duke meets in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) Mistress Overdone.
(b) The nun.
2. What does Isabella say is connected to her body?
(a) Her emotions.
(b) Her mind.
(c) Her faith.
(d) Her soul.
3. What has Claudio been arrested for?
(a) Stealing bread.
(b) Gambling on Sunday.
(c) Hitting a priest.
(d) Impregnating his fiancee.
4. How does Claudio's sister feel when she first hears of her brother's arrest?
(a) She can't believe it.
(b) She is angry.
(c) She is not surprised.
(d) She feels justice has been served.
5. Why is Angelo's fiancee reluctant to be a part of the Duke's plan?
(a) She does not want to make Angelo angry.
(b) She does not love Angelo anymore.
(c) She does not want to sin.
(d) She does not want to hurt Isabella's feelings.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Claudio ask the Duke to do for him after Isabella leaves?
2. Who argues with Angelo about Claudio's sentence at the beginning of Act 2?
3. How does Angelo threaten to kill Claudio if Isabella refuses his offer?
4. What does the Duke tell Isabella to put her faith in when she is told Claudio was killed?
5. What does Isabella threaten to do to Angelo when he tells her Claudio is dead?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)