|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the provost hope the Duke will have when he enters the prison?
(a) A replacement.
(b) A pardon for Claudio.
(c) A summons to court.
(d) News from the Duke.
2. Who is reading letters from the Duke at the end of Act 4?
(a) Escalus and Angelo.
(b) Isabella and Mariana.
(c) The Provost and Pompey.
(d) Friar Thomas and Friar Peter.
3. Where does the Duke want to hear all complaints against Angelo?
(a) Near the prison.
(b) At the city gates.
(c) In the streets.
(d) In the court.
4. What is Ragozine's crime?
5. Where does Claudio's sister want to live?
(a) In a cloister.
(b) At the palace.
(c) In England.
(d) In a monastery.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who leads Mistress Overdone into the prison in Act 3?
2. How many characters are present in the first scene?
3. What is the punishment for Claudio's crime?
4. Who does the Duke say will free Claudio from prison when he meets the provost there?
5. How long has Mistress Overdone been a prostitute?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)