|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Duke think of his city at the beginning of the play?
(a) It is too big for its boundaries.
(b) It has become corrupt.
(c) He has no strong feelings either way.
(d) It is the best place on earth.
2. How long has it been since someone was killed for fornication?
(a) 40 years.
(b) 50 years.
(c) 20 years.
3. What is Claudio's sister doing while he is being arrested?
(a) Having a baby.
(b) Getting married.
(c) Becoming a nun.
(d) Burrying her husband.
4. Where does the Duke plan to hold a meeting the night after Claudio's supposed execution?
(a) His court.
(b) Mariana's house.
(c) The church.
(d) The nunnery.
5. What does the provost hope the Duke will have when he enters the prison?
(a) A replacement.
(b) A summons to court.
(c) News from the Duke.
(d) A pardon for Claudio.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Claudio ask the Duke to do for him after Isabella leaves?
2. What about Isabella allows Angelo to be vulnerable?
3. What does the Duke do when Isabella comes to see Claudio in prison?
4. What kind of life does Claudio's sister want to live?
5. What is the name of Claudio's fiancee?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)