|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who asks to speak with Isabella alone after her meeting with Claudio in prison?
(c) The Provost.
(d) The Duke.
2. What does Isabella say is connected to her body?
(a) Her mind.
(b) Her faith.
(c) Her soul.
(d) Her emotions.
3. How does Isabella respond to Angelo's offer to spare her brother?
(a) She slaps him.
(b) She thanks him and accepts.
(c) She refuses.
(d) She asks to have some time to think about it.
4. How long has it been since someone was killed for fornication?
(a) 20 years.
(b) 50 years.
(d) 40 years.
5. Where does the Duke plan to hold a meeting the night after Claudio's supposed execution?
(a) Mariana's house.
(b) The nunnery.
(c) The church.
(d) His court.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Claudio's sister feel when she first hears of her brother's arrest?
2. What does Isabella say her brother will lose if he is executed?
3. Where does the Duke go at the beginning of Act 4?
4. What does the Duke do when Isabella comes to see Claudio in prison?
5. What does Isabella threaten to do to Angelo when he tells her Claudio is dead?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)