|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Duke plan to disguise himself as?
(a) A friar.
(b) A woman.
(c) A lawyer.
(d) A servant.
2. How does the Duke describe Angelo?
(a) A man of abstinence.
(b) A man of solace.
(c) A man of duty.
(d) A man of action.
3. How many characters are present in the first scene?
4. What do the gentlemen in scene two say they probably have as a result of their lifestyle?
(a) Illegitimate children.
(b) Venerial diseases.
5. Why is the Duke leaving the city at the beginning of the play?
(a) He has a marriage to attend.
(b) He does not say.
(c) He is not leaving the city.
(d) He has an important meeting.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the punishment for Claudio's crime?
2. Who allows the laws in Vienna to go unenforced for so long?
3. Who is Claudio's sister talking to when she first appears on stage?
4. What is Froth accused of doing?
5. What is Claudio's sister doing while he is being arrested?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)