|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Duke plan to disguise himself as?
(a) A friar.
(b) A servant.
(c) A woman.
(d) A lawyer.
2. Where is Claudio's sister when she first appears on stage?
(a) At a graveyard.
(b) In church.
(c) In her brother's house.
(d) At a convent.
3. Who leads Claudio through the streets when he is arrested?
(a) The Duke.
(b) The Provost.
(c) The jailer.
(d) The deputy.
4. How does Lucio react to the news that Claudio has been arrested?
(a) He is angry.
(b) He is confused.
(c) He is sad.
(d) He is shocked.
5. What kind of occupation is Claudio's sister trying to obtain?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Angelo being so harsh in punishing Claudio?
2. How does Claudio's sister feel when she first hears of her brother's arrest?
3. Why is the Duke leaving the city at the beginning of the play?
4. What does the Duke think of his city at the beginning of the play?
5. Why is the Duke appointing a new deputy?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)