|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pompey say people will always be tempted by?
2. What is Froth accused of doing?
(a) Beating his wife.
(b) Insulting a woman.
(c) Speaking out against the Duke.
(d) Stealing some jewels.
3. Why is the Duke leaving the city at the beginning of the play?
(a) He has a marriage to attend.
(b) He is not leaving the city.
(c) He does not say.
(d) He has an important meeting.
4. On what point does Escalus agree with Angelo?
(a) The city is unbearable.
(b) Claudio's punishment should be harsh.
(c) Laws must be enforced.
(d) Fear is the best motivator.
5. What is Claudio's sister's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of life does Claudio's sister want to live?
2. What do the gentlemen in scene two say they probably have as a result of their lifestyle?
3. What news does Pompey bring the first time he is on stage?
4. Where does Claudio's sister want to live?
5. What does the Duke think will happen to Angelo when given power?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)