|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the people in Vienna view the laws, according to the Duke?
(a) They laugh at them.
(b) They don't know them.
(c) They fear them.
(d) They have forgotten them.
2. What does Pompey say people will always be tempted by?
3. Who allows the laws in Vienna to go unenforced for so long?
(a) The Duke.
(b) The Deputy.
(c) The Commissioner.
(d) The King.
4. How does the Duke describe Angelo?
(a) A man of solace.
(b) A man of duty.
(c) A man of action.
(d) A man of abstinence.
5. How does Claudio's sister feel when she first hears of her brother's arrest?
(a) She is angry.
(b) She feels justice has been served.
(c) She is not surprised.
(d) She can't believe it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Angelo being so harsh in punishing Claudio?
2. What news does Pompey bring the first time he is on stage?
3. Who does the Duke appoint as his new deputy?
4. What does Escalus say he will do if Pompey is arrested again?
5. What position does Escalus hold?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)