|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is trying to make an example of Claudio?
(c) The Duke.
2. Why is the Duke leaving the city at the beginning of the play?
(a) He is not leaving the city.
(b) He has a marriage to attend.
(c) He does not say.
(d) He has an important meeting.
3. What is the occupation of Mistress Overdone?
(d) Brothel Owner.
4. What is the punishment for Claudio's crime?
(c) Drawn and Quartered.
(d) Life in prison.
5. How does Escalus describe the new deputy?
(a) Full of grace and honor.
(b) Full of gratitude and love.
(c) Full of mercy and justice.
(d) Full of pride and anger.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Pompey's occupation?
2. Why is the Duke appointing a new deputy?
3. What does the Duke plan to disguise himself as?
4. What kind of occupation is Claudio's sister trying to obtain?
5. Why is Angelo being so harsh in punishing Claudio?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)