|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long have the laws been unenforced in Vienna?
(a) 12 years.
(b) 16 years.
(c) 14 years.
(d) 10 years.
2. Why is the Duke appointing a new deputy?
(a) The old one died.
(b) The city is growing.
(c) He wants less responsibilities.
(d) He is going away.
3. What is the name of Claudio's fiancee?
4. What is Froth accused of doing?
(a) Stealing some jewels.
(b) Beating his wife.
(c) Speaking out against the Duke.
(d) Insulting a woman.
5. What kind of life does Claudio's sister want to live?
(a) A happy and content life.
(b) A strict and pious life.
(c) A free and lively life.
(d) A serious and rigid life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Claudio's friend call his sister when he finds her?
2. Why does the Duke not honor the wishes of his new deputy at the beginning of the play?
3. Why is the Duke leaving the city at the beginning of the play?
4. Why is Angelo being so harsh in punishing Claudio?
5. How long does Pompey think the new law enforcement will last?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)