|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the new deputy instructed to do?
(a) Keep the peace.
(b) Increase purity.
(c) Enforce the laws.
(d) Fill the jails.
2. Why is the Duke appointing a new deputy?
(a) The city is growing.
(b) He is going away.
(c) He wants less responsibilities.
(d) The old one died.
3. What word does Escalus use to describe the Constable?
4. What does Claudio's friend call his sister when he finds her?
5. Who is trying to make an example of Claudio?
(b) The Duke.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who argues with Angelo about Claudio's sentence at the beginning of Act 2?
2. What does Escalus say he will do if Pompey is arrested again?
3. Why does the Duke not honor the wishes of his new deputy at the beginning of the play?
4. Who have men been sent to find after Claudio's arrest?
5. How does Claudio's sister feel when she first hears of her brother's arrest?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)