|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Claudio been arrested for?
(a) Hitting a priest.
(b) Impregnating his fiancee.
(c) Gambling on Sunday.
(d) Stealing bread.
2. What does the Duke tell his new deputy to use in judgment?
(a) His mind.
(b) His soul.
(c) The law.
(d) His heart.
3. What news does Pompey bring the first time he is on stage?
(a) The taxes are all due.
(b) A town meeting has been called.
(c) Claudio has been arrested.
(d) The brothels are being shut down.
4. On what point does Escalus disagree with Angelo?
(a) Laws must be enforced.
(b) Claudio's punishment should be harsh.
(c) Fear is the best motivator.
(d) The city is unbearable.
5. What is the Constable's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the Duke afraid of being viewed by the people?
2. How does Claudio's sister feel when she first hears of her brother's arrest?
3. How do the people in Vienna view the laws, according to the Duke?
4. How does Escalus describe the new deputy?
5. What do the gentlemen in scene two say they probably have as a result of their lifestyle?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)