|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the people in Vienna view the laws, according to the Duke?
(a) They don't know them.
(b) They laugh at them.
(c) They have forgotten them.
(d) They fear them.
2. Where is the Duke seeking refuge?
(a) The poor house.
(b) The monastery.
(c) The bell tower.
(d) The friary.
3. What does Pompey say people will always be tempted by?
4. Who argues with Angelo about Claudio's sentence at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) The Duke.
5. Who have men been sent to find after Claudio's arrest?
(a) The Baron.
(b) The Duke.
(c) The Prince.
(d) The Pope.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word does Escalus use to describe the Constable?
2. How long have the laws been unenforced in Vienna?
3. What is the punishment for Claudio's crime?
4. Where does Claudio's sister want to live?
5. Why is Angelo being so harsh in punishing Claudio?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)