|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what point does Escalus disagree with Angelo?
(a) Laws must be enforced.
(b) Claudio's punishment should be harsh.
(c) Fear is the best motivator.
(d) The city is unbearable.
2. What does the Duke plan to disguise himself as?
(a) A servant.
(b) A friar.
(c) A woman.
(d) A lawyer.
3. What does the new deputy want when he is appointed to his new office?
(a) Some assistants.
(b) To prove his worth.
(c) Direction and goals.
(d) More money.
4. What word does Escalus use to describe the Constable?
5. Why is the Duke appointing a new deputy?
(a) He wants less responsibilities.
(b) He is going away.
(c) The city is growing.
(d) The old one died.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Claudio's sister doing while he is being arrested?
2. Why is the Duke leaving the city at the beginning of the play?
3. Who have men been sent to find after Claudio's arrest?
4. What does the Duke think will happen to Angelo when given power?
5. What does Escalus say he will do if Pompey is arrested again?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)