|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lucio react to the news that Claudio has been arrested?
(a) He is shocked.
(b) He is sad.
(c) He is confused.
(d) He is angry.
2. How does Claudio's sister feel when she first hears of her brother's arrest?
(a) She can't believe it.
(b) She is not surprised.
(c) She is angry.
(d) She feels justice has been served.
3. What does the Duke think will happen to Angelo when given power?
(a) It will make him less faithful
(b) It will harden him.
(c) It will weaken him.
(d) It will drive him mad.
4. Where does this play take place?
5. How does Escalus describe the new deputy?
(a) Full of pride and anger.
(b) Full of gratitude and love.
(c) Full of grace and honor.
(d) Full of mercy and justice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Duke plan to do while in disguise?
2. What news does Pompey bring the first time he is on stage?
3. What is the Constable's name?
4. Where is Claudio's sister when she first appears on stage?
5. Who allows the laws in Vienna to go unenforced for so long?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)