|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Constable's name?
2. Where does this play take place?
3. Why is Angelo being so harsh in punishing Claudio?
(a) He wants to make Claudio an example.
(b) He lost a lot of money gambling with Claudio.
(c) He has a personal hatred for Claudio.
(d) His sister is Claudio's fiancee.
4. How does Lucio react to the news that Claudio has been arrested?
(a) He is sad.
(b) He is confused.
(c) He is angry.
(d) He is shocked.
5. Who does Escalus invite to his house for dinner at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) The Duke.
(b) The deputy.
(c) A monk.
(d) A justice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the gentlemen in scene two say they probably have as a result of their lifestyle?
2. What position does Escalus hold?
3. What is the name of the Friar the Duke speaks with in Act 1?
4. How do the people in Vienna view the laws, according to the Duke?
5. How is the Duke afraid of being viewed by the people?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)