|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Claudio's fiancee?
2. What does the Duke think will happen to Angelo when given power?
(a) It will harden him.
(b) It will make him less faithful
(c) It will drive him mad.
(d) It will weaken him.
3. What is Claudio's sister's name?
4. What is the new deputy instructed to do?
(a) Increase purity.
(b) Keep the peace.
(c) Fill the jails.
(d) Enforce the laws.
5. Who does Escalus invite to his house for dinner at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) A monk.
(b) The Duke.
(c) The deputy.
(d) A justice.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Claudio's sister when she first appears on stage?
2. How does Escalus describe the new deputy?
3. What is the punishment for Claudio's crime?
4. Why is the Duke leaving the city at the beginning of the play?
5. Where does Claudio's sister want to live?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)