|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Duke think of his city at the beginning of the play?
(a) It is too big for its boundaries.
(b) He has no strong feelings either way.
(c) It is the best place on earth.
(d) It has become corrupt.
2. Who does the Duke appoint as his new deputy?
3. What is Lucio joking about the first time he is on stage?
(a) His immoral life.
(c) His mother.
4. What is Pompey accused of?
(a) Stealing a horse.
(b) Being a bawd.
(c) Beating his wife.
(d) Selling illegal alcohol.
5. How do the people in Vienna view the laws, according to the Duke?
(a) They fear them.
(b) They have forgotten them.
(c) They don't know them.
(d) They laugh at them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Duke tell his new deputy to use in judgment?
2. What does Claudio's sister promise to do when she hears of her brother's arrest?
3. On what point does Escalus disagree with Angelo?
4. What do the gentlemen in scene two say they probably have as a result of their lifestyle?
5. Why does the Duke not honor the wishes of his new deputy at the beginning of the play?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)