|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the Duke afraid of being viewed by the people?
(a) As a faithless man.
(b) As a debaucher.
(c) As a tyrant.
(d) As a weakling.
2. Who leads Claudio through the streets when he is arrested?
(a) The Provost.
(b) The jailer.
(c) The Duke.
(d) The deputy.
3. On what point does Escalus agree with Angelo?
(a) Laws must be enforced.
(b) The city is unbearable.
(c) Claudio's punishment should be harsh.
(d) Fear is the best motivator.
4. What is Froth accused of doing?
(a) Speaking out against the Duke.
(b) Insulting a woman.
(c) Stealing some jewels.
(d) Beating his wife.
5. What is the name of Claudio's fiancee?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many characters are present in the first scene?
2. Who is trying to make an example of Claudio?
3. How does the Duke describe Angelo?
4. How does Lucio react to the news that Claudio has been arrested?
5. Who tells Claudio's sister about his arrest?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)