|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Claudio's friend call his sister when he finds her?
2. How long have the laws been unenforced in Vienna?
(a) 12 years.
(b) 14 years.
(c) 16 years.
(d) 10 years.
3. Who argues with Angelo about Claudio's sentence at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) The Duke.
4. What is the name of Claudio's fiancee?
5. What has Claudio been arrested for?
(a) Hitting a priest.
(b) Impregnating his fiancee.
(c) Stealing bread.
(d) Gambling on Sunday.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what point does Escalus disagree with Angelo?
2. What word does Escalus use to describe the Constable?
3. Why does the Duke not honor the wishes of his new deputy at the beginning of the play?
4. What kind of occupation is Claudio's sister trying to obtain?
5. How many characters are present in the first scene?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)