|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who have men been sent to find after Claudio's arrest?
(a) The Duke.
(b) The Baron.
(c) The Prince.
(d) The Pope.
2. Where is Claudio's sister when she first appears on stage?
(a) In her brother's house.
(b) At a convent.
(c) At a graveyard.
(d) In church.
3. Why does Angelo not fear for his reputation?
(a) It is spotless thus far.
(b) He feels reputations are needless.
(c) His actions will speak for themselves.
(d) He already has a bad reputation.
4. Who leads Mistress Overdone into the prison in Act 3?
(b) The Provost.
5. What kind of life does Claudio's sister want to live?
(a) A strict and pious life.
(b) A serious and rigid life.
(c) A free and lively life.
(d) A happy and content life.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lucio react to the news that Claudio has been arrested?
2. What is the punishment for Claudio's crime?
3. Why is Angelo being so harsh in punishing Claudio?
4. What does the Duke say to Lucio about Angelo's strictness?
5. How long has Mistress Overdone been a prostitute?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)