|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the disguised Duke tell Lucio to do when the Duke returns?
(a) Tell him about Angelo's cruelty.
(b) Plead Claudio's case with him.
(c) Tell him about the kind Friar.
(d) Accuse him of the crimes he has seen.
2. Who have men been sent to find after Claudio's arrest?
(a) The Prince.
(b) The Baron.
(c) The Duke.
(d) The Pope.
3. What news does Pompey bring the first time he is on stage?
(a) The brothels are being shut down.
(b) A town meeting has been called.
(c) Claudio has been arrested.
(d) The taxes are all due.
4. What do the gentlemen in scene two say they probably have as a result of their lifestyle?
(a) Venerial diseases.
(b) Illegitimate children.
5. What does Claudio's sister promise to do when she hears of her brother's arrest?
(a) Pray for him.
(b) Try to help him.
(c) Bless him.
(d) Visit him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Juliet sent away from the prison at the beginning of Act 2?
2. Why does Angelo not fear for his reputation?
3. What is the name of Claudio's fiancee?
4. What does the Provost say will happen to Angelo after Claudio's execution?
5. What kind of occupation is Claudio's sister trying to obtain?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)