|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who teases Pompey about being arrested in Act 3?
(c) The Provost.
(d) The Duke.
2. Who does Isabella say is hurt by Claudio's crime?
(b) Only himself.
(c) God alone.
(d) His unborn child.
3. Why does Pompey's friend refuse to pay his bail this time?
(a) He never repaid the last bail that was posted.
(b) He did not pay his friend's bail.
(c) His friend needs the money for something else.
(d) He deserves to go to jail.
4. What does Isabella threaten to do that would ruin Angelo's reputation?
(a) Marry him even though she is below his status.
(b) Tell others of his proposition.
(c) Help Claudio escape.
(d) Tell others of his merciful heart.
5. Whose child does Mistress Overdone raise?
(b) The Duke's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Pompey's occupation?
2. How does Lucio react to the news that Claudio has been arrested?
3. Who leads Mistress Overdone into the prison in Act 3?
4. Who have men been sent to find after Claudio's arrest?
5. Why is Juliet sent away from the prison at the beginning of Act 2?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)