|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Angelo threaten to kill Claudio if Isabella refuses his offer?
(a) Long and painful.
(b) He will starve him slowly.
(d) He will make his wife and child watch.
2. Why is Juliet sent away from the prison at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) She is being arrested as well.
(b) She is in labor.
(c) Her father is ill.
(d) She is not allowed to see Claudio.
3. What is Pompey arrested for in Act 3?
(a) Defiling a church.
(c) Insulting a group of women.
4. Who tells Claudio's sister about his arrest?
(b) A priest.
(d) A messenger.
5. What kind of life does Claudio's sister want to live?
(a) A happy and content life.
(b) A free and lively life.
(c) A strict and pious life.
(d) A serious and rigid life.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who leads Mistress Overdone into the prison in Act 3?
2. Whose child does Mistress Overdone raise?
3. What is Pompey's occupation?
4. Who does Isabella plan to tell of Angelo's offer to her?
5. Why is Angelo being so harsh in punishing Claudio?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)