|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Duke do when Isabella comes to see Claudio in prison?
(a) Comforts Isabella.
(b) Prays with them.
(c) Gives them privacy.
(d) Hides where he can hear them.
2. What does Lucio say to Isabella after news of Claudio's supposed execution has spread?
(a) He is sorry.
(b) He loves her.
(c) He got what he deserved.
(d) He tried to stop it.
3. Why is Pompey unable to move Barnardine for his execution?
(a) He is already dead.
(b) He is too heavy.
(c) He is sleeping.
(d) He is chained to the wall.
4. Where does the Duke plan to hold a meeting the night after Claudio's supposed execution?
(a) The church.
(b) The nunnery.
(c) His court.
(d) Mariana's house.
5. What word does Escalus use to describe the Constable?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the disguised Duke, who would choose to keep their own life?
2. What is the occupation of Angelo's fiancee's brother?
3. How does Claudio feel after speaking with the disguised Duke?
4. What does Claudio ask the Duke to do for him after Isabella leaves?
5. What does Lucio call the Duke while speaking to Isabella after Claudio's supposed execution?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)