|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word does Escalus use to describe the Constable?
2. Why does Angelo choose to not marry his fiancee?
(a) Her brother was a shame to his name.
(b) He lost interest in her.
(c) She was not virtuous.
(d) Her dowry was lost.
3. What does the Duke do when Isabella comes to see Claudio in prison?
(a) Comforts Isabella.
(b) Prays with them.
(c) Hides where he can hear them.
(d) Gives them privacy.
4. What is Froth accused of doing?
(a) Stealing some jewels.
(b) Beating his wife.
(c) Speaking out against the Duke.
(d) Insulting a woman.
5. What does Isabella threaten to do to Angelo when he tells her Claudio is dead?
(a) Pluck his eyes out.
(b) Spread rumors about him.
(c) Curse him to hell.
(d) Castrate him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who argues with Angelo about Claudio's sentence at the beginning of Act 2?
2. How does the brother of Angelo's fiancee die?
3. Who does the Duke have Isabella deliver a letter to for him?
4. What does Claudio ask the Duke to do for him after Isabella leaves?
5. How long does Pompey think the new law enforcement will last?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)