|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what point does Escalus agree with Angelo?
(a) Fear is the best motivator.
(b) Laws must be enforced.
(c) Claudio's punishment should be harsh.
(d) The city is unbearable.
2. What does Isabella threaten to do to Angelo when he tells her Claudio is dead?
(a) Spread rumors about him.
(b) Curse him to hell.
(c) Pluck his eyes out.
(d) Castrate him.
3. What does Escalus ask the Constable for a list of?
(b) The laws and punishments.
(c) Replacements for his job.
(d) People waiting to be judged.
4. Why does Barnardine refuse to be executed in Claudio's place?
(a) He is innocent.
(b) He has not eaten.
(c) He is too drunk.
(d) He has not spoken with a priest.
5. How does the brother of Angelo's fiancee die?
(a) He died at war.
(b) He was lost at sea.
(c) He was bucked off a horse.
(d) He was hung for lechery.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Duke say provides Ragozine's death?
2. What is done with Ragozine's body?
3. How does Claudio feel after speaking with the disguised Duke?
4. Who argues with Angelo about Claudio's sentence at the beginning of Act 2?
5. What word does Escalus use to describe the Constable?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)