|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word does Escalus use to describe the Constable?
2. Where does the Duke plan to hold a meeting the night after Claudio's supposed execution?
(a) The nunnery.
(b) The church.
(c) His court.
(d) Mariana's house.
3. What does the Duke say provides Ragozine's death?
4. What is Pompey accused of?
(a) Being a bawd.
(b) Beating his wife.
(c) Selling illegal alcohol.
(d) Stealing a horse.
5. What does Escalus say he will do if Pompey is arrested again?
(a) Throw him in prison.
(b) Tell his wife.
(c) Have him whipped.
(d) Fine him heavily.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Pompey unable to move Barnardine for his execution?
2. How does Claudio react when he first hears of the proposition made to Isabella?
3. What does Claudio ask the Duke to do for him after Isabella leaves?
4. What does the Duke tell Isabella to put her faith in when she is told Claudio was killed?
5. Who asks to speak with Isabella alone after her meeting with Claudio in prison?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)