|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Pompey unable to move Barnardine for his execution?
(a) He is already dead.
(b) He is sleeping.
(c) He is too heavy.
(d) He is chained to the wall.
2. What does Escalus ask the Constable for a list of?
(a) People waiting to be judged.
(c) Replacements for his job.
(d) The laws and punishments.
3. What does Isabella tell Claudio she wishes for him as she leaves after telling him about Angelo's proposition?
(a) A quiet conscience.
(b) Merciful judgment.
(c) Pain and suffering.
(d) A quick death.
4. What is Pompey accused of?
(a) Being a bawd.
(b) Stealing a horse.
(c) Beating his wife.
(d) Selling illegal alcohol.
5. How does Ragozine die?
(b) He committed suicide.
(c) He had the plague.
(d) He was stung by a scorpion.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ragozine's crime?
2. Who argues with Angelo about Claudio's sentence at the beginning of Act 2?
3. On what point does Escalus disagree with Angelo?
4. Why does Barnardine refuse to be executed in Claudio's place?
5. What does Claudio ask the Duke to do for him after Isabella leaves?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)