|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the Duke have Isabella deliver a letter to for him?
(a) The Provost.
(b) Friar Peter.
(c) The Pope.
2. Who asks to speak with Isabella alone after her meeting with Claudio in prison?
(c) The Duke.
(d) The Provost.
3. What does Pompey say people will always be tempted by?
4. On what point does Escalus agree with Angelo?
(a) Claudio's punishment should be harsh.
(b) Laws must be enforced.
(c) The city is unbearable.
(d) Fear is the best motivator.
5. What is Froth accused of doing?
(a) Insulting a woman.
(b) Stealing some jewels.
(c) Speaking out against the Duke.
(d) Beating his wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Escalus invite to his house for dinner at the beginning of Act 2?
2. What does the Duke do when Isabella comes to see Claudio in prison?
3. What does Escalus ask the Constable for a list of?
4. How does Claudio react when he first hears of the proposition made to Isabella?
5. Why does Barnardine refuse to be executed in Claudio's place?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)