Act 1, Scene 1
1. Where does this play take place?
2. Why is the Duke appointing a new deputy?
(a) He is going away.
(b) The old one died.
(c) The city is growing.
(d) He wants less responsibilities.
3. Who does the Duke appoint as his new deputy?
4. What does the Duke think of his city at the beginning of the play?
(a) It is too big for its boundaries.
(b) He has no strong feelings either way.
(c) It is the best place on earth.
(d) It has become corrupt.
5. What position does Escalus hold?
6. How does Escalus describe the new deputy?
(a) Full of grace and honor.
(b) Full of pride and anger.
(c) Full of gratitude and love.
(d) Full of mercy and justice.
7. What does the new deputy want when he is appointed to his new office?
(a) To prove his worth.
(b) More money.
(c) Some assistants.
(d) Direction and goals.
This section contains 3,841 words
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)