Act 1, Scene 1
1. Where does this play take place?
2. Why is the Duke appointing a new deputy?
(a) The city is growing.
(b) He wants less responsibilities.
(c) The old one died.
(d) He is going away.
3. Who does the Duke appoint as his new deputy?
4. What does the Duke think of his city at the beginning of the play?
(a) He has no strong feelings either way.
(b) It is too big for its boundaries.
(c) It has become corrupt.
(d) It is the best place on earth.
5. What position does Escalus hold?
6. How does Escalus describe the new deputy?
(a) Full of gratitude and love.
(b) Full of pride and anger.
(c) Full of grace and honor.
(d) Full of mercy and justice.
7. What does the new deputy want when he is appointed to his new office?
(a) To prove his worth.
(b) Direction and goals.
(c) Some assistants.
(d) More money.
This section contains 3,841 words
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)