Act 1, Scene 1
• The Duke says that because he has to leave town, he feels the need to appoint a new deputy while he is gone.
• The Duke also says that due to the heightened corruption of Vienna, he is appointing Angelo, who he thinks can help clean up the town.
• When asked about Angelo as a choice for deputy, Escalus says that Angelo is very deserving and would serve with honor and grace.
• When told about his new appointment, Angelo asks for more time to prove his worth to the Duke. The Duke refuses as he is in a hurry to leave.
Act 1, Scene 2
• Lucio is at Mistress Overdone's brothel joking with two gentlemen about their lifestyle of stealing and sleeping around.
• Mistress Overdone brings them news that Claudio has been arrested for sleeping with his fiancee, and is sentenced to beheading in three days.
• Pompey brings word...
This section contains 1,721 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)