|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Phyllis?
2. What was the state of Tracy's marriage when he met Hepburn?
3. What type of production was The Corn is Green?
4. What did Hepburn wonder about Tracy and his wife?
5. What did Hepburn love the most about Tracy?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "Leaving the California House", who does Hepburn write a good-bye letter to?
2. What does Hepburn describe doing in the section titled "Memorial Day"?
3. What trouble did Hepburn and her friends get into in the section titled "Brief Encounter"?
4. Why does Hepburn think Tracy stayed married to his wife?
5. What did Hepburn have trouble convincing the young man of in the section titled "Brief Encounter"?
6. What did Hepburn do to take care of Tracy in the days before he died?
7. For how long were Hepburn and Tracy a couple? What was the status of their relationship?
8. What did Hepburn think was the reason her brother didn't listen to the album she sang on?
9. When Hepburn's eyes started to bleed after her operation, what did the nurse instruct her to do?
10. When Tracy died in 1967, what did he leave Hepburn with?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze and interpret the relationship between Hepburn and Tracy. How did they meet? How did they feel for one another? Describe their professional relationship. What struggles did they face throughout their relationship? How did Hepburn deal with Tracy's death?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Hepburn's relationships with the different men in her life (except for Tracy). How does she describe her relationships with Luddy, Howard and Leland? Why does she break up with each of these men?
Essay Topic 3
What does Hepburn note about old age? How does Hepburn handle old age? What struggles does she face in her old age? What friends does she mention helping her in her old age?
This section contains 768 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)