|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why had Hepburn been sleeping on the floor beside Tracy's bed on the night he died?
2. When did Hepburn fall in love with Tracy?
3. Who did Hepburn meet while working on the film Guess Who's Coming to Dinner?
4. What was Tracy doing in the kitchen when Hepburn joined him there soon before he died?
5. What did the nurse tell Hepburn and Phyllis to do to calm themselves down in Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Hepburn do to take care of Tracy in the days before he died?
2. When Tracy died in 1967, what did he leave Hepburn with?
3. What did Hepburn consult with doctors about in the section titled "Eyes"?
4. When does Hepburn say she fell in love with Tracy? After his death, who did Hepburn strike up a friendship with?
5. Who does Hepburn address in the final section of the book, "With Help"?
6. What does Hepburn describe doing over a toilet in the section "Happy New Year"?
7. Why does Hepburn think Tracy stayed married to his wife?
8. Why was Rose not working when Hepburn contacted him years after working on 'Guess Who's Coming to Dinner'?
9. Why was Hepburn personally hurt by the costuming problems on "The Corn is Green"?
10. What did Hepburn think was the reason her brother didn't listen to the album she sang on?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the motif of death in the autobiography "Me: Stories of My Life". What are some examples of death in the autobiography? Who died, and why? How did Hepburn grieve these deaths? How did they affect her?
Essay Topic 2
What does Hepburn note about old age? How does Hepburn handle old age? What struggles does she face in her old age? What friends does she mention helping her in her old age?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Hepburn's relationships with the different men in her life (except for Tracy). How does she describe her relationships with Luddy, Howard and Leland? Why does she break up with each of these men?
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)