|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Hepburn put on hold towards the end of Tracy's life?
2. What did Hepburn do instead of going to Tracy's funeral?
3. What was Hepburn doing with Selznick in Chapter 4?
4. What did the nurse tell Hepburn and Phyllis to do to calm themselves down in Chapter 5?
5. What type of setting was The Corn is Green set in?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hepburn describe doing over a toilet in the section "Happy New Year"?
2. Why did Hepburn take voice lessons again with Sue Seton?
3. What did Hepburn have trouble convincing the young man of in the section titled "Brief Encounter"?
4. What problem arose concerning costuming on the film "The Corn is Green"?
5. Why does Hepburn keep working even though she is ready to stop in the section titled "Memorial Day"?
6. For how long were Hepburn and Tracy a couple? What was the status of their relationship?
7. What did Hepburn do to take care of Tracy in the days before he died?
8. When Tracy died in 1967, what did he leave Hepburn with?
9. What did Tracy's wife tell Hepburn a few days after Tracy's death?
10. Why did Hepburn and Willie Rose have a rocky start to their relationship?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Hepburn's childhood. Did she have a happy childhood? What were some of the memories that Hepburn shared with the reader? How might Hepburn's childhood have influenced the person she became?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the motif of ambition in the autobiography "Me: Stories of My LIfe". What are some examples of ambition in the book? Was Hepburn an ambitious person? Why or why not? What were her goals and dreams? How did she go about achieving them, and was she successful?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze and interpret the relationship between Hepburn and Tracy. How did they meet? How did they feel for one another? Describe their professional relationship. What struggles did they face throughout their relationship? How did Hepburn deal with Tracy's death?
This section contains 824 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)