|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the women do when they were unable to change the tire themselves?
2. How did Hepburn react to the problem with the wardrobe people in Chapter 4?
3. Who did Hepburn take voice lessons from first?
4. What did Tracy leave Hepburn with when he died?
5. What did the man who helped Hepburn in Chapter 5 comment about her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Hepburn do for Tracy's sake out of her love for him?
2. Why was Hepburn personally hurt by the costuming problems on "The Corn is Green"?
3. In what form does Hepburn write the section about her trip to Italy with Willie Rose?
4. What did Hepburn think was the reason her brother didn't listen to the album she sang on?
5. Why does Hepburn think Tracy stayed married to his wife?
6. What did Hepburn have trouble convincing the young man of in the section titled "Brief Encounter"?
7. Why was Rose not working when Hepburn contacted him years after working on 'Guess Who's Coming to Dinner'?
8. In "Leaving the California House", who does Hepburn write a good-bye letter to?
9. What problem arose concerning costuming on the film "The Corn is Green"?
10. What does Hepburn describe in the section titled "Happy New Year"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the motif of death in the autobiography "Me: Stories of My Life". What are some examples of death in the autobiography? Who died, and why? How did Hepburn grieve these deaths? How did they affect her?
Essay Topic 2
How is Hepburn regarded in public today? How important a figure is she in American cinematic history? Describe her legacy. What were her achievements?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the struggles faced by Hepburn in the book. What struggles did she face in regards to her career? Her family? Her love life?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)