|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What movie was Hepburn making when she met Howard Hughes?
2. Where did Hepburn take Hughes to meet her parents?
3. What organization was Hepburn's mother a member of?
4. How did Hepburn's maternal grandfather die?
5. What was the name of the production where Hepburn landed her first role?
Short Essay Questions
1. After the end of her relationship with Leland, what did Hepburn's friends and family tell her?
2. What did Hepburn think of Howard Hughes at first? How did the two of them get to know each other better?
3. When young, what would Hepburn and her friend Alice do for excitement in Fenwick? Why did they stop doing this?
4. What difficulty on the set of "Alice Adams" does Hepburn recount?
5. What does Hepburn credit her mother for allowing when she and her siblings were children?
6. How did Leland end his relationship with Hepburn?
7. After their trip to Fenwick, what did Harris do to make Hepburn's life miserable? What did Hepburn have to do to get out of the situation?
8. Why was Hepburn fired from "The Big Pond"?
9. What is Hepburn's relationship with her siblings like? Which of her siblings have passed away?
10. How did Hepburn's eldest brother die? Why did her father, Dr. Hepburn, feel responsible?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the setting of the book. Is the setting of the autobiography an important element of the book? Was this time and place influential to Hepburn's life?
Essay Topic 2
Being in the film industry, Hepburn came to know many famous and influential figures. Who were some of these famous figures that are mentioned in the book? How did she meet them? What sort of relationship did she have with each one?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the conflicts in the autobiography. Who does Hepburn have conflict with, and why? How does she deal with these conflicts? What causes these conflicts? How do they affect her life?
This section contains 861 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)