|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What movie was Hepburn making when she met Howard Hughes?
2. What did Hepburn's mother never do?
3. Who fired Hepburn from her first role?
4. What was Hepburn's father doing when he met her mother?
5. What was the name of Hepburn's mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Hepburn think of Howard Hughes at first? How did the two of them get to know each other better?
2. What does Hepburn say her father learned from his relationship with his mother?
3. How was Fenwick destroyed in 1938? What were the Hepburns able to retrieve from the house?
4. What values does Hepburn say her mother passed on to her and her siblings?
5. Why were Hepburn's eyes red and swollen when she arrived to work on her first film? What did her employers assume about her condition?
6. Why does Hepburn believe George Cukor never received the credit he deserved for his work?
7. How did Hepburn's eldest brother die? Why did her father, Dr. Hepburn, feel responsible?
8. Why was Hepburn fired from "The Big Pond"?
9. How did Hepburn's father react to her relationship with H. Phelps Putnam?
10. What is Hepburn's relationship with her siblings like? Which of her siblings have passed away?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze and interpret the conclusion of the autobiography "Me: Stories of My Life". How did Hepburn choose to end the book? Why might she have decided to end the book at this point? Does the book tie up all loose ends? Are there any surprises at the end? Are there any unanswered questions?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the conflicts in the autobiography. Who does Hepburn have conflict with, and why? How does she deal with these conflicts? What causes these conflicts? How do they affect her life?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze and interpret Hepburn's family. Describe the members of her immediate family, as well as Hepburn's relationship with each member. What conflicts did Hepburn have with her family? What are some examples of hardships that Hepburn and her family faced?
This section contains 807 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)