|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Hepburn decide about her career when she first married?
2. What does Hepburn mention of Luddy's life after their divorce?
3. Who sang happy birthday at the party at Cukor's home?
4. When did Hepburn and Luddy divorce?
5. Who did Leland fall in love with when he went East for a play?
Short Essay Questions
1. What difficulty on the set of "Alice Adams" does Hepburn recount?
2. What values does Hepburn say her mother passed on to her and her siblings?
3. When young, what would Hepburn and her friend Alice do for excitement in Fenwick? Why did they stop doing this?
4. After they married, what did Hepburn ask Luddy to change about himself? Why?
5. After their trip to Fenwick, what did Harris do to make Hepburn's life miserable? What did Hepburn have to do to get out of the situation?
6. What kind of upbringing did Hepburn's mother have?
7. How did Hepburn's father react to her relationship with H. Phelps Putnam?
8. After the end of her relationship with Leland, what did Hepburn's friends and family tell her?
9. How long did Hepburn stay in Hollywood making films before returning to New York? How did she and Luddy meet during this time?
10. In the section "Early Career", what career difficulty does Hepburn share?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the setting of the book. Is the setting of the autobiography an important element of the book? Was this time and place influential to Hepburn's life?
Essay Topic 2
What is the genre of "Me: Stories of My Life"? What are the elements of this genre? What are some other famous titles of this genre? What do these titles have in common with this book?
Essay Topic 3
How would one define Hepburn's career, following Tracy's death until her retirement? How did she overcome them? What productions was Hepburn involved in during her last years as an actress? What were some anecdotes she shared of this time period? Why did she stop acting?
This section contains 855 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)