|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Hepburn's co-star in the movie she was making when she met Hughes?
2. How long did Hepburn live in Hollywood making movies in the 1930's?
3. Whose birthday party, held at Cukor's home, does Hepburn talk about?
4. What interfered with Hepburn's make-up rehearsal for her first movie?
5. What was the name of Hepburn's maternal grandfather?
Short Essay Questions
1. What story does Hepburn tell about a wild animal in the section titled "Leland Hayward"?
2. How did Hepburn's father react to her relationship with H. Phelps Putnam?
3. How did Luddy upset Hughes when he visited Fenwick? What words did Dr. Hepburn have for Hughes on this occasion?
4. What party at George Cukor's home does Hepburn recall in particular?
5. What values does Hepburn say her mother passed on to her and her siblings?
6. Why was Hepburn fired from "The Big Pond"?
7. What kind of upbringing did Hepburn's mother have?
8. What did Hepburn think of Howard Hughes at first? How did the two of them get to know each other better?
9. How was Fenwick destroyed in 1938? What were the Hepburns able to retrieve from the house?
10. What did Hepburn's maternal grandmother, Caroline, want her daughters to do in their lives?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does Hepburn note about old age? How does Hepburn handle old age? What struggles does she face in her old age? What friends does she mention helping her in her old age?
Essay Topic 2
Describe a few of the anecdotes which Hepburn shared with the reader. Why did she choose to include these anecdotes, and what are their significance?
Essay Topic 3
What productions was Hepburn involved in during her years as an actress between the mid-1930's and mid-1960's? What were some of her hits and flops? Which movies did she enjoy making, and why? Which movies did she not enjoy making, and why?
This section contains 801 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)