|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the nurse tell Hepburn and Phyllis to do to calm themselves down in Chapter 5?
(a) Try to take a nap.
(b) Watch some TV.
(c) Drink some whiskey.
(d) Take some painkillers.
2. What did the women do when they were unable to change the tire themselves?
(a) Walked to a roadside diner.
(b) Pushed the car to a garage.
(c) They flagged down someone driving by.
(d) Called the police.
3. What area of performing was Hepburn never confident with?
(c) Public speaking.
4. What kind of car was the one Willie was going to get?
(a) A Volkswagen.
(b) A Cadillac.
(c) A Maserati.
(d) A Rolls Royce.
5. What did Hepburn often do while performing in plays?
(a) She often lost her voice.
(b) She often forgot the lyrics.
(c) She often sang off-key.
(d) She often sang too quietly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Hepburn reassure Tracy about in the letter in Chapter 6?
2. Why did Hepburn take voice lessons from Sue Seton again in Chapter 5?
3. What did Hepburn's brother never listen to?
4. How did Hepburn upset the scriptwriter during the making of Guess Who's Coming to Dinner?
5. To which country was Hepburn sent to to see a doctor in Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Hepburn have trouble convincing the young man of in the section titled "Brief Encounter"?
2. How many films did Hepburn and Tracy do together? Name three of them.
3. Why was Hepburn personally hurt by the costuming problems on "The Corn is Green"?
4. Why does Hepburn think Tracy stayed married to his wife?
5. When Hepburn's eyes started to bleed after her operation, what did the nurse instruct her to do?
6. Why did Hepburn need to take voice lessons again from Alfred Dixon? What does she finally learn from him?
7. What difference between them did Hepburn and Rose often end up discussing while in Italy?
8. What trouble did Hepburn and her friends get into in the section titled "Brief Encounter"?
9. What did Frances Robinson-Duff unsuccessfully try to teach Hepburn to do when she gave her voice lessons?
10. What did Tracy's wife tell Hepburn a few days after Tracy's death?
This section contains 803 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)