|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Hepburn and Luddy marry?
(a) In an apple orchard.
(b) On the stage of one of her plays.
(c) At Hepburn's family home in Hartford.
(d) In a church.
2. Who was originally wanted for Hepburn's role in The Warrior's Husband?
(a) Harriet Williams.
(b) Hanna Williams.
(c) Hope Williams.
(d) Heather Williams.
3. Which of the following was NOT a Hepburn film?
(a) Morning Glory.
(b) Gone with the Wind.
(c) Little Women.
4. When did Hepburn date Leland?
(a) Shortly after her split from Luddy.
(b) Right before her big break.
(c) Over a year after her split from Luddy.
(d) During the making of her first film.
5. How did Hepburn's father learn to be so sensitive to women?
(a) He was close to his mother.
(b) He had many sisters and daughters.
(c) He grew up in a nunnery.
(d) He was raised by his two aunts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What record did Hughes break while dating Hepburn?
2. Who was Fanny Ciarrier?
3. What was the name of the production where Hepburn landed her first role?
4. What year did Hepburn's mother die?
5. Why did Hughes get upset during his meeting with Hepburn's parents?
Short Essay Questions
1. What values does Hepburn say her mother passed on to her and her siblings?
2. Why were Hepburn's eyes red and swollen when she arrived to work on her first film? What did her employers assume about her condition?
3. What difficulty on the set of "Alice Adams" does Hepburn recount?
4. How did Leland end his relationship with Hepburn?
5. In the section "Early Career", what career difficulty does Hepburn share?
6. What does Hepburn say her father learned from his relationship with his mother?
7. How did Luddy upset Hughes when he visited Fenwick? What words did Dr. Hepburn have for Hughes on this occasion?
8. What is Hepburn's relationship with her siblings like? Which of her siblings have passed away?
9. Why does Hepburn believe George Cukor never received the credit he deserved for his work?
10. What story does Hepburn tell about a wild animal in the section titled "Leland Hayward"?
This section contains 853 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)