|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Hepburn react to Leland's marriage?
(a) She was happy for him.
(b) She was indifferent.
(c) She felt relief.
(d) She was heartbroken.
2. When did Hepburn date Leland?
(a) During the making of her first film.
(b) Right before her big break.
(c) Shortly after her split from Luddy.
(d) Over a year after her split from Luddy.
3. What did Hepburn's mother never do?
4. What did Hepburn think of Hughes when she first met him?
(a) She thought he was handsome but a little old.
(b) She thought he was too full of himself.
(c) She thought he was forgettable.
(d) She thought he was a suspicious person.
5. Who fired Hepburn from her first role?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Hepburn on the train on her way to Hollywood?
2. Who were the male leads of the movie The Philadelphia Story?
3. According to Hepburn, why did Cukor never receive the credit he deserved?
4. What two plays did Hepburn do with Arthur Hopkins?
5. What did Hepburn make Luddy change his name to?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was Fenwick destroyed in 1938? What were the Hepburns able to retrieve from the house?
2. How did Luddy upset Hughes when he visited Fenwick? What words did Dr. Hepburn have for Hughes on this occasion?
3. After their trip to Fenwick, what did Harris do to make Hepburn's life miserable? What did Hepburn have to do to get out of the situation?
4. What difficulty on the set of "Alice Adams" does Hepburn recount?
5. What party at George Cukor's home does Hepburn recall in particular?
6. After they married, what did Hepburn ask Luddy to change about himself? Why?
7. What example does Hepburn provide for how different she and Leland Hayward were? With this example, what compromise did they make to get along?
8. After what event did Jed Harris's treatment of Hepburn change?
9. In the section "Early Career", what career difficulty does Hepburn share?
10. What story does Hepburn tell about a wild animal in the section titled "Leland Hayward"?
This section contains 905 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)