|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Caroline die of?
(a) Injuries sustained from a car accident.
(d) Heart disease.
2. What record did Hughes break while dating Hepburn?
(a) A record for flying around the world.
(b) A record for highest income in America.
(c) A record for travelling in a hot air balloon.
(d) A record for high-speed car racing.
3. What happened to Hepburn on the train on her way to Hollywood?
(a) She became violently ill.
(b) She met a handsome producer.
(c) She got a piece of metal in her eye.
(d) She lost her luggage.
4. What was the name of Hepburn's maternal grandfather?
(a) Anderson Houghton.
(b) Anthony Houghton.
(c) Arnold Houghton.
(d) Alfred Houghton.
5. What did Hepburn's mother become the president of?
(a) The Connecticut Women's Suffrage Association.
(b) The Connecticut Female Equality Initiative.
(c) The Mothers' of Connecticut Partnership.
(d) The Connecticut Women's Suffrage Campaign.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who fired Hepburn from her first role?
2. What month was it when Hepburn's house was destroyed?
3. What were the names of Hepburn's sisters?
4. Whose birthday party, held at Cukor's home, does Hepburn talk about?
5. What did Luddy do to the house he had with Hepburn?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hepburn say her father learned from his relationship with his mother?
2. How did Hepburn's father react to her relationship with H. Phelps Putnam?
3. After they married, what did Hepburn ask Luddy to change about himself? Why?
4. How did Leland end his relationship with Hepburn?
5. Why were Hepburn's eyes red and swollen when she arrived to work on her first film? What did her employers assume about her condition?
6. How did Luddy upset Hughes when he visited Fenwick? What words did Dr. Hepburn have for Hughes on this occasion?
7. Why was Hepburn fired from "The Big Pond"?
8. After marrying, what did Hepburn decide to do career-wise?
9. What difficulty on the set of "Alice Adams" does Hepburn recount?
10. What did Hepburn's maternal grandmother, Caroline, want her daughters to do in their lives?
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)