|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Caroline want her daughters to do that was uncommon at the time?
(a) Invest their money.
(b) Attend college.
(c) Pursue acting.
(d) Marry before the age of twenty.
2. What did Hepburn's mother never do?
3. Who did Hepburn meet while working with Mayer on The Philadelphia Story?
(a) Spencer Tracy.
(b) Greta Garbo.
(c) Grace Kelly.
(d) William Holden.
4. Whose birthday party, held at Cukor's home, does Hepburn talk about?
(a) Betty Grable's.
(b) Ingrid Bergman's.
(c) Vivienne Leigh's.
(d) Ethel Barrymore's.
5. Who did Leland fall in love with when he went East for a play?
(a) Loretta Young.
(b) Carole Lombard.
(c) Margaret Sullivan.
(d) Jane Russell.
6. Where did Hepburn meet Luddy?
(b) New York.
(d) Los Angeles.
7. What was Hepburn's father doing when he met her mother?
(a) He was studying medicine.
(b) He was preparing to travel overseas for missionary work.
(c) He was working on a presidential campaign.
(d) He was working in a butcher's shop.
8. Who was Laura?
(a) Hepburn's cousin who tutored her as a child.
(b) Hepburn's nemesis on one of her film sets.
(c) Hepburn's friend who traveled to Hollywood with her.
(d) Hepburn's aunt who introduced her to Luddy.
9. When did Hepburn date Leland?
(a) During the making of her first film.
(b) Over a year after her split from Luddy.
(c) Right before her big break.
(d) Shortly after her split from Luddy.
10. What did Hepburn's mother learn early on in life?
(a) To take what life gives you and make the best of it.
(b) To live life to the fullest.
(c) To forgive but never forget.
(d) To follow your dreams no matter what.
11. Who sang happy birthday at the party at Cukor's home?
(a) Bing Crosby.
(b) Judy Garland.
(c) Frank Sinatra.
(d) Shirley Temple.
12. What destroyed Hepburn's family home in 1938?
(a) A hurricane.
(b) A flood.
(c) A termite infestation.
(d) A tornado.
13. How does Hepburn describe her relationship with her living siblings, presently?
(a) As friendly.
(b) As strained.
(c) As close.
(d) As distant.
14. Where did Luddy and Hepburn move to after marrying?
(d) Los Angeles.
15. Who did Hepburn have tea with while working on The Lake?
(a) The pope.
(b) Winston Churchill.
(c) George V.
(d) President Roosevelt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Putnam's full name?
2. What was George Cukor's profession?
3. How old was the birthday girl turning at Cukor's home?
4. Who was Hepburn's co-star in the movie she was making when she met Hughes?
5. What wild creature made its way into Hepburn's living room in Chapter 3?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)