|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What movie was Hepburn making when she met Howard Hughes?
(a) "Alice Adams".
(b) "Sylvia Scarlett".
(c) "Mary of Scotland".
(d) "Little Women".
2. What did Hepburn decide about her career when she first married?
(a) She decided to take one year off.
(b) She decided to quit acting.
(c) She decided to work only part-time.
(d) She decided to work full-time to support her husband.
3. What did Hepburn often have trouble with during the early days of her career?
(a) Negotiating her contracts.
(b) Keeping her jobs.
(c) Finding the energy to perform.
(d) Getting along with her co-workers.
4. Why did Hughes get upset during his meeting with Hepburn's parents?
(a) Hepburn was flirting with an old flame.
(b) Luddy was there and taking pictures.
(c) The weather was not cooperating.
(d) Hughes was put-off by Hepburn's family dynamic.
5. What was Hepburn's father involved in educating the public about?
(a) The Christian doctrine.
(b) Bacteria found in meats and fish.
(c) Venereal diseases.
(d) American policies on gender equality.
6. Who did Hepburn have tea with while working on The Lake?
(a) George V.
(b) The pope.
(c) President Roosevelt.
(d) Winston Churchill.
7. How does Hepburn feel about her parents?
(a) She feels lucky to have had the parents she had.
(b) She wishes she was closer to them.
(c) She believes they should never had had children.
(d) She thinks of them more as friends then as parents.
8. Who did Leland fall in love with when he went East for a play?
(a) Loretta Young.
(b) Margaret Sullivan.
(c) Jane Russell.
(d) Carole Lombard.
9. How much was Hepburn offered for a role in the section "First Trip to Hollywood"?
(a) Seven hundred dollars.
(b) One thousand dollars.
(c) Five hundred dollars.
(d) One hundred dollars.
10. What were the names of Hepburn's sisters?
(a) Tina and Mae.
(b) Marion and Peg.
(c) Anne and Jane.
(d) Poppy and Mindy.
11. Who was originally wanted for Hepburn's role in The Warrior's Husband?
(a) Harriet Williams.
(b) Hanna Williams.
(c) Heather Williams.
(d) Hope Williams.
12. What did Caroline die of?
(b) Injuries sustained from a car accident.
(d) Heart disease.
13. Who did Hepburn begin to spend more time with after breaking up with Putnam?
(a) Jimmy Stewart and Howard Hughes.
(b) Jack Clarke and Luddy.
(c) Arthur Hopkins and Jack Clarke.
(d) Luddy and Cary Grant.
14. What did Hepburn's mother never do?
15. According to Hepburn, why did Cukor never receive the credit he deserved?
(a) He was blacklisted.
(b) He was talented but very shy.
(c) He always credited the actors for the success of his films.
(d) He often did projects anonymously.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Hepburn used to pretend to be as a child?
2. Which of Hepburn's siblings died at the age of seventy?
3. What did Hepburn's mother learn early on in life?
4. What was Leland's profession?
5. What was the family able to recover by digging, after the house was destroyed in 1938?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)