|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Hepburn when she saw her mother cry for the first and only time?
(a) On a ferry on the way to a crematorium.
(b) Sitting on a bench in a graveyard.
(c) Waiting in the hospital during a loved one's surgery.
(d) Sitting in the back of a taxi following a funeral.
2. What did Leland often do while Hepburn ate dinner?
(b) Play solitaire.
(c) Sing to her.
(d) Drink a glass of wine.
3. What were the names of Hepburn's sisters?
(a) Poppy and Mindy.
(b) Marion and Peg.
(c) Tina and Mae.
(d) Anne and Jane.
4. What was Mayer's profession?
(a) He was in the oil industry.
(b) He was the head of a film studio.
(c) He was a dance choreographer.
(d) He was in newspaper publishing.
5. When did Fanny die?
(a) In March of 1922.
(b) When Hepburn was ten years old.
(c) On the day Hepburn graduated high school.
(d) Shortly before Hepburn's mother died.
6. What happened to Hepburn on the train on her way to Hollywood?
(a) She became violently ill.
(b) She got a piece of metal in her eye.
(c) She met a handsome producer.
(d) She lost her luggage.
7. What role did Hepburn play in The Warrior's Husband?
8. What did Hepburn's mother never do?
9. Whose birthday party, held at Cukor's home, does Hepburn talk about?
(a) Betty Grable's.
(b) Ingrid Bergman's.
(c) Vivienne Leigh's.
(d) Ethel Barrymore's.
10. How long did Hepburn live in Hollywood making movies in the 1930's?
(a) A year and a half.
(b) Three months.
(c) Two years.
(d) Eight months.
11. What was Hepburn's father's name?
(a) Dr. Peter Hepburn.
(b) Dr. Henley Hepburn.
(c) Dr. Samuel Hepburn.
(d) Dr. Thomas Hepburn.
12. What two plays did Hepburn do with Arthur Hopkins?
(a) "Weekends" and "Christmas Day".
(b) "Another Time" and "Vacation".
(c) "These Days" and "Holiday".
(d) "Lunch Meeting" and "Memories".
13. What destroyed Hepburn's family home in 1938?
(a) A hurricane.
(b) A termite infestation.
(c) A tornado.
(d) A flood.
14. What was Putnam's full name?
(a) D. Parson Putnam.
(b) R. Penn Putnam.
(c) H. Phelps Putnam.
(d) M. Phillips Putnam.
15. Who did Hepburn begin to spend more time with after breaking up with Putnam?
(a) Jimmy Stewart and Howard Hughes.
(b) Arthur Hopkins and Jack Clarke.
(c) Jack Clarke and Luddy.
(d) Luddy and Cary Grant.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did Hepburn's and Luddy's initial move last?
2. Where did Hepburn meet Luddy?
3. What kind of lessons was Hepburn taking when she met Luddy?
4. When did Hepburn and Luddy divorce?
5. What wild creature made its way into Hepburn's living room in Chapter 3?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)