|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Hepburn's father often let her and her siblings do during their childhood?
(a) Stay up late to go star gazing.
(b) Put on plays for the neighborhood.
(c) Do adventurous activities.
(d) Eat candy before bedtime.
2. Why was Hepburn's car not damaged like the house was in 1938?
(a) Her brother had driven out of town with it.
(b) It was protected in the garage.
(c) It was built to withstand inclimate weather.
(d) She had moved it beforehand.
3. What was the name of Hepburn's maternal grandfather?
(a) Anderson Houghton.
(b) Arnold Houghton.
(c) Alfred Houghton.
(d) Anthony Houghton.
4. What record did Hughes break while dating Hepburn?
(a) A record for travelling in a hot air balloon.
(b) A record for high-speed car racing.
(c) A record for highest income in America.
(d) A record for flying around the world.
5. How much was Hepburn offered for a role in the section "First Trip to Hollywood"?
(a) Seven hundred dollars.
(b) Five hundred dollars.
(c) One thousand dollars.
(d) One hundred dollars.
6. Who was the director for the movie Alice Adams?
(a) George Stevens.
(b) Billy Wilder.
(c) Mervyn LeRoy.
(d) Mitchell Leisen.
7. Who did Hepburn begin to spend more time with after breaking up with Putnam?
(a) Luddy and Cary Grant.
(b) Jimmy Stewart and Howard Hughes.
(c) Arthur Hopkins and Jack Clarke.
(d) Jack Clarke and Luddy.
8. What was Putnam's full name?
(a) M. Phillips Putnam.
(b) D. Parson Putnam.
(c) H. Phelps Putnam.
(d) R. Penn Putnam.
9. What was George Cukor's profession?
(a) He was a screenwriter.
(b) He was an actor.
(c) He was a movie producer.
(d) He was a movie director.
10. What was Hepburn's father doing when he met her mother?
(a) He was preparing to travel overseas for missionary work.
(b) He was working in a butcher's shop.
(c) He was working on a presidential campaign.
(d) He was studying medicine.
11. When did Fanny die?
(a) Shortly before Hepburn's mother died.
(b) In March of 1922.
(c) When Hepburn was ten years old.
(d) On the day Hepburn graduated high school.
12. What year did Hepburn's mother die?
13. How long did Hepburn's and Luddy's initial move last?
(a) Eight months.
(b) A month.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) A year.
14. Who was Caroline?
(a) Hepburn's great-aunt.
(b) Hepburn's great-grandmother.
(c) Hepburn's maternal grandmother.
(d) Hepburn's mother.
15. What did Hepburn make Luddy change his name to?
(a) Radcliffe Ludlow.
(b) M. D. Ludlow.
(c) S. Ogden Ludlow.
(d) Arthur Francis Ludlow.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were the names of Hepburn's sisters?
2. Who did Hepburn have tea with while working on The Lake?
3. Where did Luddy and Hepburn move to after marrying?
4. What did Luddy do to the house he had with Hepburn?
5. Where was Hepburn when she saw her mother cry for the first and only time?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)