|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were the names of Hepburn's sisters?
(a) Anne and Jane.
(b) Marion and Peg.
(c) Poppy and Mindy.
(d) Tina and Mae.
2. What did Hepburn and Laura think of the house they shared?
(a) It was too big for them.
(b) It was too small for them.
(c) It smelled of smoke.
(d) It was haunted.
3. Who were the male leads of the movie The Philadelphia Story?
(a) Cary Grant and Jimmy Stewart.
(b) Clark Gable and Gregory Peck.
(c) Humphrey Bogart and Spencer Tracy.
(d) Frank Sinatra and Bing Crosby.
4. What interfered with Hepburn's make-up rehearsal for her first movie?
(a) A bad dye job.
(b) A rather large, red blemish on her cheek.
(c) An eye patch she had to wear.
(d) A broken collar bone.
5. What did Hepburn decide about her career when she first married?
(a) She decided to take one year off.
(b) She decided to quit acting.
(c) She decided to work full-time to support her husband.
(d) She decided to work only part-time.
6. According to Hepburn, why did Cukor never receive the credit he deserved?
(a) He was blacklisted.
(b) He often did projects anonymously.
(c) He always credited the actors for the success of his films.
(d) He was talented but very shy.
7. What did Hepburn's father often let her and her siblings do during their childhood?
(a) Stay up late to go star gazing.
(b) Eat candy before bedtime.
(c) Put on plays for the neighborhood.
(d) Do adventurous activities.
8. Who did Hepburn begin to spend more time with after breaking up with Putnam?
(a) Jack Clarke and Luddy.
(b) Jimmy Stewart and Howard Hughes.
(c) Luddy and Cary Grant.
(d) Arthur Hopkins and Jack Clarke.
9. What was Putnam's full name?
(a) R. Penn Putnam.
(b) M. Phillips Putnam.
(c) D. Parson Putnam.
(d) H. Phelps Putnam.
10. Who was given guardianship of Hepburn's aunts after her grandmother died?
(a) Caroline Houghton.
(b) Jessica Houghton.
(c) Samantha Houghton.
(d) Katherine Houghton.
11. Where was Hepburn when she saw her mother cry for the first and only time?
(a) Waiting in the hospital during a loved one's surgery.
(b) On a ferry on the way to a crematorium.
(c) Sitting in the back of a taxi following a funeral.
(d) Sitting on a bench in a graveyard.
12. How did Hepburn's father learn to be so sensitive to women?
(a) He was raised by his two aunts.
(b) He had many sisters and daughters.
(c) He was close to his mother.
(d) He grew up in a nunnery.
13. How does Hepburn feel about her parents?
(a) She feels lucky to have had the parents she had.
(b) She wishes she was closer to them.
(c) She believes they should never had had children.
(d) She thinks of them more as friends then as parents.
14. What did the director and male lead of Hepburn's first movie assume of Hepburn during a meeting?
(a) That Hepburn had been drinking.
(b) That Hepburn was a horrible actress.
(c) That Hepburn was a spoiled diva.
(d) That Hepburn did not want to be in the movie.
15. What did Hepburn make Luddy change his name to?
(a) Arthur Francis Ludlow.
(b) Radcliffe Ludlow.
(c) S. Ogden Ludlow.
(d) M. D. Ludlow.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Hepburn's mother never do?
2. When did Hepburn date Leland?
3. What was Dick able to recover from the house after it was destroyed in 1938?
4. What was the name of Hepburn's maternal grandfather?
5. How did Hepburn react to Leland's marriage?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)