|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Hepburn when she saw her mother cry for the first and only time?
(a) Sitting in the back of a taxi following a funeral.
(b) Sitting on a bench in a graveyard.
(c) On a ferry on the way to a crematorium.
(d) Waiting in the hospital during a loved one's surgery.
2. What organization was Hepburn's mother a member of?
(a) National Women's Association.
(b) National Women's Organization.
(c) National Women's Group.
(d) National Women's Party.
3. When did Hepburn and Luddy divorce?
(a) Some point before 1941.
(b) In the winter of 1942.
(c) Just after her birthday in 1944.
(d) Christmas Eve, 1943.
4. What did Hepburn's mother learn early on in life?
(a) To follow your dreams no matter what.
(b) To forgive but never forget.
(c) To take what life gives you and make the best of it.
(d) To live life to the fullest.
5. What kind of lessons was Hepburn taking when she met Luddy?
(a) Piano lessons.
(b) Voice lessons.
(c) Guitar lessons.
(d) Dance lessons.
6. Where did Hepburn meet Luddy?
(b) Los Angeles.
(c) New York.
7. What month was it when Hepburn's house was destroyed?
8. What was the name of Hepburn's first movie?
(a) How about Divorce?
(b) First Comes Marriage, Then Comes Divorce.
(c) A Bill of Divorcement.
(d) A Matter of Divorce.
9. What did the director and male lead of Hepburn's first movie assume of Hepburn during a meeting?
(a) That Hepburn was a horrible actress.
(b) That Hepburn was a spoiled diva.
(c) That Hepburn did not want to be in the movie.
(d) That Hepburn had been drinking.
10. What did Hepburn often have trouble with during the early days of her career?
(a) Finding the energy to perform.
(b) Getting along with her co-workers.
(c) Negotiating her contracts.
(d) Keeping her jobs.
11. Who sang happy birthday at the party at Cukor's home?
(a) Bing Crosby.
(b) Frank Sinatra.
(c) Shirley Temple.
(d) Judy Garland.
12. Who was Hepburn's co-star in the movie she was making when she met Hughes?
(a) Fredric March.
(b) Cary Grant.
(c) Paul Lukas.
(d) Fred MacMurray.
13. Who fired Hepburn from her first role?
14. Where did Luddy and Hepburn move to after marrying?
(a) Los Angeles.
15. Who was the director for the movie Alice Adams?
(a) Mitchell Leisen.
(b) Mervyn LeRoy.
(c) Billy Wilder.
(d) George Stevens.
Short Answer Questions
1. What record did Hughes break while dating Hepburn?
2. What two plays did Hepburn do with Arthur Hopkins?
3. What was George Cukor's profession?
4. According to Hepburn, why did Cukor never receive the credit he deserved?
5. Which of the following was NOT a Hepburn film?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)