Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Mayer's profession?
(a) He was a dance choreographer.
(b) He was in newspaper publishing.
(c) He was in the oil industry.
(d) He was the head of a film studio.
2. What did Hepburn and Laura think of the house they shared?
(a) It was too big for them.
(b) It smelled of smoke.
(c) It was too small for them.
(d) It was haunted.
3. Who was the director for the movie Alice Adams?
(a) Mervyn LeRoy.
(b) Mitchell Leisen.
(c) George Stevens.
(d) Billy Wilder.
4. What did Hepburn decide about her career when she first married?
(a) She decided to work full-time to support her husband.
(b) She decided to work only part-time.
(c) She decided to quit acting.
(d) She decided to take one year off.
5. What was Hepburn's father's name?
(a) Dr. Peter Hepburn.
(b) Dr. Thomas Hepburn.
(c) Dr. Samuel Hepburn.
(d) Dr. Henley Hepburn.
6. What movie was Hepburn making when she met Howard Hughes?
(a) "Alice Adams".
(b) "Little Women".
(c) "Mary of Scotland".
(d) "Sylvia Scarlett".
7. Who did Leland fall in love with when he went East for a play?
(a) Loretta Young.
(b) Margaret Sullivan.
(c) Carole Lombard.
(d) Jane Russell.
8. What did Hepburn used to pretend to be as a child?
(a) A cat named Fluffy.
(b) An old lady named Mrs. Crabby.
(c) A dog named Fido.
(d) A boy named Jimmy.
9. What were the names of Hepburn's brothers?
(a) Tom, Dick and Bob.
(b) Samuel, Anthony and Frederick.
(c) Henry, William and Edward.
(d) Rodney, Lenny and Paul.
10. How does Hepburn feel about her parents?
(a) She feels lucky to have had the parents she had.
(b) She believes they should never had had children.
(c) She thinks of them more as friends then as parents.
(d) She wishes she was closer to them.
11. How many daughters did Caroline have?
12. How does Hepburn describe her parents' relationship?
(a) They were the perfect balance for one another.
(b) It was a tumultuous relationship.
(c) They had a deep respect for one another.
(d) They were more like brother and sister.
13. What year did Hepburn's mother die?
14. How does Hepburn describe her relationship with her living siblings, presently?
(a) As close.
(b) As distant.
(c) As friendly.
(d) As strained.
15. What was George Cukor's profession?
(a) He was a movie director.
(b) He was a screenwriter.
(c) He was a movie producer.
(d) He was an actor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Leland's last name?
2. What did Caroline die of?
3. What kind of lessons was Hepburn taking when she met Luddy?
4. Who did Hepburn have tea with while working on The Lake?
5. What does Hepburn mention of Luddy's life after their divorce?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)