|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the director and male lead of Hepburn's first movie assume of Hepburn during a meeting?
(a) That Hepburn was a spoiled diva.
(b) That Hepburn had been drinking.
(c) That Hepburn was a horrible actress.
(d) That Hepburn did not want to be in the movie.
2. What did Hepburn used to pretend to be as a child?
(a) A dog named Fido.
(b) A boy named Jimmy.
(c) An old lady named Mrs. Crabby.
(d) A cat named Fluffy.
3. What was Hepburn's father involved in educating the public about?
(a) Venereal diseases.
(b) Bacteria found in meats and fish.
(c) The Christian doctrine.
(d) American policies on gender equality.
4. Who was originally wanted for Hepburn's role in The Warrior's Husband?
(a) Hanna Williams.
(b) Heather Williams.
(c) Hope Williams.
(d) Harriet Williams.
5. How did Hepburn's maternal grandfather die?
(a) He had a heart attack.
(b) He killed himself.
(c) He had cancer.
(d) He drowned while swimming drunk.
6. What record did Hughes break while dating Hepburn?
(a) A record for travelling in a hot air balloon.
(b) A record for highest income in America.
(c) A record for flying around the world.
(d) A record for high-speed car racing.
7. How does Hepburn describe her relationship with her living siblings, presently?
(a) As distant.
(b) As friendly.
(c) As strained.
(d) As close.
8. Where did Hepburn grow up?
(a) Bridgeport, Connecticut.
(b) Hartford, Connecticut.
(c) New Haven, Connecticut.
(d) Waterbury, Connecticut.
9. Who did Leland fall in love with when he went East for a play?
(a) Margaret Sullivan.
(b) Loretta Young.
(c) Carole Lombard.
(d) Jane Russell.
10. What was the family able to recover by digging, after the house was destroyed in 1938?
(a) A grandfather clock and a china vase.
(b) Some jam preserves and a few pieces of clothing.
(c) A tea service and some of their flatware.
(d) Family portraits.
11. Where did Hepburn meet Luddy?
(c) Los Angeles.
(d) New York.
12. Where did Hepburn and Luddy marry?
(a) In an apple orchard.
(b) In a church.
(c) At Hepburn's family home in Hartford.
(d) On the stage of one of her plays.
13. What did Leland often do while Hepburn ate dinner?
(a) Play solitaire.
(b) Drink a glass of wine.
(d) Sing to her.
14. What was Mayer's profession?
(a) He was a dance choreographer.
(b) He was the head of a film studio.
(c) He was in newspaper publishing.
(d) He was in the oil industry.
15. Who fired Hepburn from her first role?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many daughters did Caroline have?
2. How does Hepburn feel about her parents?
3. How did Hepburn's and Leland's eating habits differ?
4. How did Hepburn react to Leland's marriage?
5. What did Hepburn often have trouble with during the early days of her career?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)