|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Hepburn's father's name?
(a) Dr. Thomas Hepburn.
(b) Dr. Henley Hepburn.
(c) Dr. Peter Hepburn.
(d) Dr. Samuel Hepburn.
2. What kind of lessons was Hepburn taking when she met Luddy?
(a) Guitar lessons.
(b) Piano lessons.
(c) Voice lessons.
(d) Dance lessons.
3. What did Hepburn used to pretend to be as a child?
(a) A dog named Fido.
(b) A cat named Fluffy.
(c) An old lady named Mrs. Crabby.
(d) A boy named Jimmy.
4. Who was the director for the movie Alice Adams?
(a) George Stevens.
(b) Mervyn LeRoy.
(c) Billy Wilder.
(d) Mitchell Leisen.
5. Who bought the rights to The Philadelphia Story for Hepburn?
(a) Howard Hughes.
(c) George Stevens.
(d) Spencer Tracy.
6. What was Mayer's profession?
(a) He was in the oil industry.
(b) He was the head of a film studio.
(c) He was in newspaper publishing.
(d) He was a dance choreographer.
7. What was the name of Hepburn's maternal grandfather?
(a) Anthony Houghton.
(b) Anderson Houghton.
(c) Arnold Houghton.
(d) Alfred Houghton.
8. What year did Hepburn's mother die?
9. When did Hepburn and Luddy divorce?
(a) Just after her birthday in 1944.
(b) Some point before 1941.
(c) In the winter of 1942.
(d) Christmas Eve, 1943.
10. What was Dick able to recover from the house after it was destroyed in 1938?
(a) Some papers he had been working on.
(b) A crystal chandalier.
(c) His car.
(d) His father's diaries.
11. Who did Hepburn meet while working with Mayer on The Philadelphia Story?
(a) Grace Kelly.
(b) Spencer Tracy.
(c) William Holden.
(d) Greta Garbo.
12. Why did Hughes get upset during his meeting with Hepburn's parents?
(a) Hepburn was flirting with an old flame.
(b) The weather was not cooperating.
(c) Luddy was there and taking pictures.
(d) Hughes was put-off by Hepburn's family dynamic.
13. Who sang happy birthday at the party at Cukor's home?
(a) Judy Garland.
(b) Bing Crosby.
(c) Shirley Temple.
(d) Frank Sinatra.
14. Who was given guardianship of Hepburn's aunts after her grandmother died?
(a) Samantha Houghton.
(b) Caroline Houghton.
(c) Katherine Houghton.
(d) Jessica Houghton.
15. How old was the birthday girl turning at Cukor's home?
Short Answer Questions
1. What movie was Hepburn making when she met Howard Hughes?
2. What interfered with Hepburn's make-up rehearsal for her first movie?
3. Where did Hepburn take Hughes to meet her parents?
4. What was Leland's profession?
5. When did Fanny die?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)