|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the director and male lead of Hepburn's first movie assume of Hepburn during a meeting?
(a) That Hepburn was a horrible actress.
(b) That Hepburn was a spoiled diva.
(c) That Hepburn had been drinking.
(d) That Hepburn did not want to be in the movie.
2. What did Hepburn and Laura think of the house they shared?
(a) It smelled of smoke.
(b) It was too small for them.
(c) It was haunted.
(d) It was too big for them.
3. What was Mayer's profession?
(a) He was in newspaper publishing.
(b) He was in the oil industry.
(c) He was the head of a film studio.
(d) He was a dance choreographer.
4. Where did Hepburn and Luddy marry?
(a) On the stage of one of her plays.
(b) At Hepburn's family home in Hartford.
(c) In a church.
(d) In an apple orchard.
5. Where did Hepburn meet Luddy?
(a) New York.
(d) Los Angeles.
6. What was the name of the production where Hepburn landed her first role?
(a) "The Big Pond".
(b) "The Tiny Ocean".
(c) "The Small Lake".
(d) "The Enormous River".
7. Where was Hepburn when she saw her mother cry for the first and only time?
(a) Sitting on a bench in a graveyard.
(b) Sitting in the back of a taxi following a funeral.
(c) On a ferry on the way to a crematorium.
(d) Waiting in the hospital during a loved one's surgery.
8. What was George Cukor's profession?
(a) He was a screenwriter.
(b) He was a movie producer.
(c) He was an actor.
(d) He was a movie director.
9. What did Hepburn's costume look like in The Warrior's Husband?
(a) Silver leather with a cape.
(b) Tattered jeans and a t-shirt.
(c) An elegant plum-colored gown.
(d) Lavender and pink with wings.
10. What organization was Hepburn's mother a member of?
(a) National Women's Organization.
(b) National Women's Group.
(c) National Women's Party.
(d) National Women's Association.
11. Who was the director for the movie Alice Adams?
(a) George Stevens.
(b) Mitchell Leisen.
(c) Mervyn LeRoy.
(d) Billy Wilder.
12. What did Hepburn's mother become the president of?
(a) The Connecticut Female Equality Initiative.
(b) The Mothers' of Connecticut Partnership.
(c) The Connecticut Women's Suffrage Campaign.
(d) The Connecticut Women's Suffrage Association.
13. What kind of lessons was Hepburn taking when she met Luddy?
(a) Dance lessons.
(b) Guitar lessons.
(c) Voice lessons.
(d) Piano lessons.
14. According to Hepburn, why did Cukor never receive the credit he deserved?
(a) He was blacklisted.
(b) He was talented but very shy.
(c) He often did projects anonymously.
(d) He always credited the actors for the success of his films.
15. What did Hepburn think of Hughes when she first met him?
(a) She thought he was a suspicious person.
(b) She thought he was handsome but a little old.
(c) She thought he was too full of himself.
(d) She thought he was forgettable.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who fired Hepburn from her first role?
2. What interfered with Hepburn's make-up rehearsal for her first movie?
3. What movie was Hepburn making when she met Howard Hughes?
4. How did Hepburn's and Leland's eating habits differ?
5. Who did Hepburn begin to spend more time with after breaking up with Putnam?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)