|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Hepburn make Luddy change his name to?
(a) S. Ogden Ludlow.
(b) Arthur Francis Ludlow.
(c) M. D. Ludlow.
(d) Radcliffe Ludlow.
2. What did Caroline die of?
(b) Injuries sustained from a car accident.
(d) Heart disease.
3. What was Dick able to recover from the house after it was destroyed in 1938?
(a) A crystal chandalier.
(b) His car.
(c) Some papers he had been working on.
(d) His father's diaries.
4. Who bought the rights to The Philadelphia Story for Hepburn?
(a) Howard Hughes.
(b) George Stevens.
(d) Spencer Tracy.
5. What were the names of Hepburn's sisters?
(a) Tina and Mae.
(b) Marion and Peg.
(c) Anne and Jane.
(d) Poppy and Mindy.
6. How did Hepburn's father learn to be so sensitive to women?
(a) He grew up in a nunnery.
(b) He had many sisters and daughters.
(c) He was raised by his two aunts.
(d) He was close to his mother.
7. How does Hepburn feel about her parents?
(a) She believes they should never had had children.
(b) She feels lucky to have had the parents she had.
(c) She thinks of them more as friends then as parents.
(d) She wishes she was closer to them.
8. How did Hepburn's and Leland's eating habits differ?
(a) Hepburn only ate in the mornings and afternoons, while Leland ate until late in the night.
(b) Hepburn ate snacks many times a day while Leland ate three large meals.
(c) Hepburn was a veterinarian while Leland was not.
(d) Leland liked to eat late and out, while Hepburn liked to eat in and early.
9. How much was Hepburn offered for a role in the section "First Trip to Hollywood"?
(a) Five hundred dollars.
(b) One hundred dollars.
(c) One thousand dollars.
(d) Seven hundred dollars.
10. Why was Hepburn fired from her first role?
(a) She forgot her lines and was repeatedly late.
(b) Her voice was too high and she talked too fast.
(c) She had a messy breakup with one of the crew members.
(d) She suffered from a severe case of stage fright.
11. Who was Fanny Ciarrier?
(a) Hepburn's penpal.
(b) Hepburn's cousin.
(c) The Hepburns' cook.
(d) Hepburn's childhood friend.
12. Who was Caroline?
(a) Hepburn's maternal grandmother.
(b) Hepburn's great-grandmother.
(c) Hepburn's mother.
(d) Hepburn's great-aunt.
13. What did Hepburn and Laura think of the house they shared?
(a) It was haunted.
(b) It smelled of smoke.
(c) It was too small for them.
(d) It was too big for them.
14. What was Putnam's full name?
(a) M. Phillips Putnam.
(b) D. Parson Putnam.
(c) H. Phelps Putnam.
(d) R. Penn Putnam.
15. Who fired Hepburn from her first role?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Hepburn grow up?
2. Who was Laura?
3. What did Hepburn decide about her career when she first married?
4. What was Leland's profession?
5. Which of the following was NOT a Hepburn film?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)