|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Fanny die?
(a) When Hepburn was ten years old.
(b) In March of 1922.
(c) Shortly before Hepburn's mother died.
(d) On the day Hepburn graduated high school.
2. Who was Fanny Ciarrier?
(a) Hepburn's childhood friend.
(b) Hepburn's penpal.
(c) Hepburn's cousin.
(d) The Hepburns' cook.
3. Who was Hepburn's co-star in the movie she was making when she met Hughes?
(a) Fred MacMurray.
(b) Cary Grant.
(c) Fredric March.
(d) Paul Lukas.
4. What was Hepburn's father involved in educating the public about?
(a) Venereal diseases.
(b) Bacteria found in meats and fish.
(c) American policies on gender equality.
(d) The Christian doctrine.
5. How does Hepburn describe her relationship with her living siblings, presently?
(a) As close.
(b) As friendly.
(c) As strained.
(d) As distant.
6. According to Hepburn, why did Cukor never receive the credit he deserved?
(a) He was talented but very shy.
(b) He was blacklisted.
(c) He always credited the actors for the success of his films.
(d) He often did projects anonymously.
7. What did Hepburn often have trouble with during the early days of her career?
(a) Keeping her jobs.
(b) Finding the energy to perform.
(c) Negotiating her contracts.
(d) Getting along with her co-workers.
8. What was the family able to recover by digging, after the house was destroyed in 1938?
(a) A grandfather clock and a china vase.
(b) Family portraits.
(c) A tea service and some of their flatware.
(d) Some jam preserves and a few pieces of clothing.
9. What did Hepburn's costume look like in The Warrior's Husband?
(a) Lavender and pink with wings.
(b) Silver leather with a cape.
(c) Tattered jeans and a t-shirt.
(d) An elegant plum-colored gown.
10. What were the names of Hepburn's brothers?
(a) Samuel, Anthony and Frederick.
(b) Henry, William and Edward.
(c) Tom, Dick and Bob.
(d) Rodney, Lenny and Paul.
11. Where did Hepburn take Hughes to meet her parents?
(c) The Hamptons.
(d) Central Park in Manhattan.
12. When did Hepburn and Luddy divorce?
(a) Some point before 1941.
(b) Christmas Eve, 1943.
(c) Just after her birthday in 1944.
(d) In the winter of 1942.
13. Where was Hepburn when she saw her mother cry for the first and only time?
(a) Sitting in the back of a taxi following a funeral.
(b) On a ferry on the way to a crematorium.
(c) Waiting in the hospital during a loved one's surgery.
(d) Sitting on a bench in a graveyard.
14. What did Luddy do to the house he had with Hepburn?
(a) He caused it to flood.
(b) He accidently caused it to catch on fire.
(c) He painted the outside of it black.
(d) He drove into it.
15. What destroyed Hepburn's family home in 1938?
(a) A tornado.
(b) A flood.
(c) A termite infestation.
(d) A hurricane.
Short Answer Questions
1. What wild creature made its way into Hepburn's living room in Chapter 3?
2. Whose birthday party, held at Cukor's home, does Hepburn talk about?
3. What was Hepburn's father's name?
4. Who did Hepburn meet while working with Mayer on The Philadelphia Story?
5. What was Dick able to recover from the house after it was destroyed in 1938?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)