|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Hepburn's and Leland's eating habits differ?
(a) Leland liked to eat late and out, while Hepburn liked to eat in and early.
(b) Hepburn was a veterinarian while Leland was not.
(c) Hepburn ate snacks many times a day while Leland ate three large meals.
(d) Hepburn only ate in the mornings and afternoons, while Leland ate until late in the night.
2. When did Hepburn and Luddy divorce?
(a) In the winter of 1942.
(b) Some point before 1941.
(c) Christmas Eve, 1943.
(d) Just after her birthday in 1944.
3. Who did Hepburn begin to spend more time with after breaking up with Putnam?
(a) Jimmy Stewart and Howard Hughes.
(b) Arthur Hopkins and Jack Clarke.
(c) Jack Clarke and Luddy.
(d) Luddy and Cary Grant.
4. Who did Hepburn have tea with while working on The Lake?
(a) The pope.
(b) Winston Churchill.
(c) President Roosevelt.
(d) George V.
5. What was Mayer's profession?
(a) He was a dance choreographer.
(b) He was in newspaper publishing.
(c) He was in the oil industry.
(d) He was the head of a film studio.
6. At what age did Hepburn's oldest brother die?
7. Where did Hepburn grow up?
(a) New Haven, Connecticut.
(b) Bridgeport, Connecticut.
(c) Waterbury, Connecticut.
(d) Hartford, Connecticut.
8. What did Leland often do while Hepburn ate dinner?
(a) Drink a glass of wine.
(c) Sing to her.
(d) Play solitaire.
9. What happened to Hepburn on the train on her way to Hollywood?
(a) She met a handsome producer.
(b) She got a piece of metal in her eye.
(c) She lost her luggage.
(d) She became violently ill.
10. Where did Hepburn and Luddy marry?
(a) In a church.
(b) In an apple orchard.
(c) On the stage of one of her plays.
(d) At Hepburn's family home in Hartford.
11. How did Hepburn's maternal grandfather die?
(a) He drowned while swimming drunk.
(b) He killed himself.
(c) He had a heart attack.
(d) He had cancer.
12. What were the names of Hepburn's brothers?
(a) Henry, William and Edward.
(b) Tom, Dick and Bob.
(c) Samuel, Anthony and Frederick.
(d) Rodney, Lenny and Paul.
13. How old was the birthday girl turning at Cukor's home?
14. Who bought the rights to The Philadelphia Story for Hepburn?
(a) George Stevens.
(b) Howard Hughes.
(d) Spencer Tracy.
15. How did Hepburn react to Leland's marriage?
(a) She felt relief.
(b) She was heartbroken.
(c) She was happy for him.
(d) She was indifferent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Hepburn's father involved in educating the public about?
2. What did Hepburn often have trouble with during the early days of her career?
3. What did the director and male lead of Hepburn's first movie assume of Hepburn during a meeting?
4. How many daughters did Caroline have?
5. What did Caroline die of?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)