|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who bought the rights to The Philadelphia Story for Hepburn?
(a) Howard Hughes.
(b) Spencer Tracy.
(d) George Stevens.
2. Who were the male leads of the movie The Philadelphia Story?
(a) Frank Sinatra and Bing Crosby.
(b) Humphrey Bogart and Spencer Tracy.
(c) Cary Grant and Jimmy Stewart.
(d) Clark Gable and Gregory Peck.
3. What was Hepburn's father doing when he met her mother?
(a) He was preparing to travel overseas for missionary work.
(b) He was working in a butcher's shop.
(c) He was studying medicine.
(d) He was working on a presidential campaign.
4. What happened to Hepburn on the train on her way to Hollywood?
(a) She lost her luggage.
(b) She got a piece of metal in her eye.
(c) She met a handsome producer.
(d) She became violently ill.
5. What was Hepburn's father involved in educating the public about?
(a) Venereal diseases.
(b) American policies on gender equality.
(c) The Christian doctrine.
(d) Bacteria found in meats and fish.
6. Why did Hughes get upset during his meeting with Hepburn's parents?
(a) Luddy was there and taking pictures.
(b) The weather was not cooperating.
(c) Hepburn was flirting with an old flame.
(d) Hughes was put-off by Hepburn's family dynamic.
7. Who did Hepburn have tea with while working on The Lake?
(a) President Roosevelt.
(b) George V.
(c) The pope.
(d) Winston Churchill.
8. What kind of lessons was Hepburn taking when she met Luddy?
(a) Voice lessons.
(b) Guitar lessons.
(c) Piano lessons.
(d) Dance lessons.
9. What was Mayer's profession?
(a) He was in newspaper publishing.
(b) He was the head of a film studio.
(c) He was in the oil industry.
(d) He was a dance choreographer.
10. At what age did Hepburn's oldest brother die?
11. What record did Hughes break while dating Hepburn?
(a) A record for highest income in America.
(b) A record for high-speed car racing.
(c) A record for travelling in a hot air balloon.
(d) A record for flying around the world.
12. Where was Hepburn when she saw her mother cry for the first and only time?
(a) Waiting in the hospital during a loved one's surgery.
(b) Sitting on a bench in a graveyard.
(c) On a ferry on the way to a crematorium.
(d) Sitting in the back of a taxi following a funeral.
13. Who fired Hepburn from her first role?
14. What destroyed Hepburn's family home in 1938?
(a) A termite infestation.
(b) A tornado.
(c) A flood.
(d) A hurricane.
15. What were the names of Hepburn's brothers?
(a) Henry, William and Edward.
(b) Rodney, Lenny and Paul.
(c) Samuel, Anthony and Frederick.
(d) Tom, Dick and Bob.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Dick able to recover from the house after it was destroyed in 1938?
2. Who was the director for the movie Alice Adams?
3. How many daughters did Caroline have?
4. Who was Caroline?
5. How does Hepburn describe her relationship with her living siblings, presently?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)