|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Leland's profession?
(a) He was an actor.
(b) He was a set designer.
(c) He was an agent.
(d) He was a producer.
2. What was the name of Hepburn's first movie?
(a) First Comes Marriage, Then Comes Divorce.
(b) How about Divorce?
(c) A Bill of Divorcement.
(d) A Matter of Divorce.
3. What did Hepburn make Luddy change his name to?
(a) Arthur Francis Ludlow.
(b) Radcliffe Ludlow.
(c) M. D. Ludlow.
(d) S. Ogden Ludlow.
4. How much was Hepburn offered for a role in the section "First Trip to Hollywood"?
(a) Seven hundred dollars.
(b) Five hundred dollars.
(c) One hundred dollars.
(d) One thousand dollars.
5. What wild creature made its way into Hepburn's living room in Chapter 3?
(a) A rat.
(b) A squirrel.
(c) A rattlesnake.
(d) A bird.
6. What year did Hepburn's mother die?
7. Why was Hepburn's car not damaged like the house was in 1938?
(a) She had moved it beforehand.
(b) It was built to withstand inclimate weather.
(c) It was protected in the garage.
(d) Her brother had driven out of town with it.
8. What did Hepburn's mother never do?
9. What was the family able to recover by digging, after the house was destroyed in 1938?
(a) Some jam preserves and a few pieces of clothing.
(b) A tea service and some of their flatware.
(c) A grandfather clock and a china vase.
(d) Family portraits.
10. What did Luddy do to the house he had with Hepburn?
(a) He drove into it.
(b) He caused it to flood.
(c) He painted the outside of it black.
(d) He accidently caused it to catch on fire.
11. What was George Cukor's profession?
(a) He was a movie director.
(b) He was an actor.
(c) He was a movie producer.
(d) He was a screenwriter.
12. When did Hepburn and Luddy divorce?
(a) In the winter of 1942.
(b) Some point before 1941.
(c) Christmas Eve, 1943.
(d) Just after her birthday in 1944.
13. What organization was Hepburn's mother a member of?
(a) National Women's Organization.
(b) National Women's Association.
(c) National Women's Group.
(d) National Women's Party.
14. What happened to Hepburn on the train on her way to Hollywood?
(a) She became violently ill.
(b) She lost her luggage.
(c) She got a piece of metal in her eye.
(d) She met a handsome producer.
15. Who was Caroline?
(a) Hepburn's great-grandmother.
(b) Hepburn's mother.
(c) Hepburn's maternal grandmother.
(d) Hepburn's great-aunt.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Hepburn feel about her parents?
2. What did the director and male lead of Hepburn's first movie assume of Hepburn during a meeting?
3. Who were the male leads of the movie The Philadelphia Story?
4. What interfered with Hepburn's make-up rehearsal for her first movie?
5. Which of the following was NOT a Hepburn film?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)