|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Hepburn have tea with while working on The Lake?
(a) Winston Churchill.
(b) George V.
(c) The pope.
(d) President Roosevelt.
2. What was Hepburn's father involved in educating the public about?
(a) The Christian doctrine.
(b) Venereal diseases.
(c) Bacteria found in meats and fish.
(d) American policies on gender equality.
3. Why was Hepburn fired from her first role?
(a) She had a messy breakup with one of the crew members.
(b) She suffered from a severe case of stage fright.
(c) She forgot her lines and was repeatedly late.
(d) Her voice was too high and she talked too fast.
4. What wild creature made its way into Hepburn's living room in Chapter 3?
(a) A rattlesnake.
(b) A rat.
(c) A squirrel.
(d) A bird.
5. How did Hepburn react to Leland's marriage?
(a) She was indifferent.
(b) She felt relief.
(c) She was happy for him.
(d) She was heartbroken.
6. What destroyed Hepburn's family home in 1938?
(a) A flood.
(b) A termite infestation.
(c) A hurricane.
(d) A tornado.
7. Who did Hepburn begin to spend more time with after breaking up with Putnam?
(a) Luddy and Cary Grant.
(b) Jimmy Stewart and Howard Hughes.
(c) Jack Clarke and Luddy.
(d) Arthur Hopkins and Jack Clarke.
8. When did Fanny die?
(a) In March of 1922.
(b) When Hepburn was ten years old.
(c) On the day Hepburn graduated high school.
(d) Shortly before Hepburn's mother died.
9. Who were the male leads of the movie The Philadelphia Story?
(a) Cary Grant and Jimmy Stewart.
(b) Clark Gable and Gregory Peck.
(c) Frank Sinatra and Bing Crosby.
(d) Humphrey Bogart and Spencer Tracy.
10. Why did Hughes get upset during his meeting with Hepburn's parents?
(a) Luddy was there and taking pictures.
(b) The weather was not cooperating.
(c) Hepburn was flirting with an old flame.
(d) Hughes was put-off by Hepburn's family dynamic.
11. What happened to Hepburn on the train on her way to Hollywood?
(a) She got a piece of metal in her eye.
(b) She became violently ill.
(c) She met a handsome producer.
(d) She lost her luggage.
12. Who was Caroline?
(a) Hepburn's maternal grandmother.
(b) Hepburn's great-aunt.
(c) Hepburn's great-grandmother.
(d) Hepburn's mother.
13. What did Caroline die of?
(c) Heart disease.
(d) Injuries sustained from a car accident.
14. What did Hepburn decide about her career when she first married?
(a) She decided to work full-time to support her husband.
(b) She decided to work only part-time.
(c) She decided to take one year off.
(d) She decided to quit acting.
15. Whose birthday party, held at Cukor's home, does Hepburn talk about?
(a) Vivienne Leigh's.
(b) Ethel Barrymore's.
(c) Betty Grable's.
(d) Ingrid Bergman's.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did Hepburn live in Hollywood making movies in the 1930's?
2. At what age did Hepburn's oldest brother die?
3. According to Hepburn, why did Cukor never receive the credit he deserved?
4. What role did Hepburn play in The Warrior's Husband?
5. What did Luddy do to the house he had with Hepburn?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)