|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of lessons was Hepburn taking when she met Luddy?
(a) Guitar lessons.
(b) Piano lessons.
(c) Dance lessons.
(d) Voice lessons.
2. How long did Hepburn live in Hollywood making movies in the 1930's?
(a) Three months.
(b) Two years.
(c) Eight months.
(d) A year and a half.
3. Who did Hepburn begin to spend more time with after breaking up with Putnam?
(a) Jack Clarke and Luddy.
(b) Arthur Hopkins and Jack Clarke.
(c) Jimmy Stewart and Howard Hughes.
(d) Luddy and Cary Grant.
4. What did Hepburn's father often let her and her siblings do during their childhood?
(a) Stay up late to go star gazing.
(b) Do adventurous activities.
(c) Put on plays for the neighborhood.
(d) Eat candy before bedtime.
5. How old was the birthday girl turning at Cukor's home?
6. Who was given guardianship of Hepburn's aunts after her grandmother died?
(a) Jessica Houghton.
(b) Caroline Houghton.
(c) Katherine Houghton.
(d) Samantha Houghton.
7. What did Hepburn's mother learn early on in life?
(a) To follow your dreams no matter what.
(b) To live life to the fullest.
(c) To forgive but never forget.
(d) To take what life gives you and make the best of it.
8. What wild creature made its way into Hepburn's living room in Chapter 3?
(a) A rattlesnake.
(b) A squirrel.
(c) A rat.
(d) A bird.
9. What month was it when Hepburn's house was destroyed?
10. What year did Hepburn's mother die?
11. How did Hepburn's maternal grandfather die?
(a) He had a heart attack.
(b) He killed himself.
(c) He drowned while swimming drunk.
(d) He had cancer.
12. Who did Hepburn have tea with while working on The Lake?
(a) President Roosevelt.
(b) Winston Churchill.
(c) The pope.
(d) George V.
13. Where was Hepburn when she saw her mother cry for the first and only time?
(a) Sitting on a bench in a graveyard.
(b) Waiting in the hospital during a loved one's surgery.
(c) Sitting in the back of a taxi following a funeral.
(d) On a ferry on the way to a crematorium.
14. What does Hepburn mention of Luddy's life after their divorce?
(a) He remarried and moved to England.
(b) He remarried and has two children.
(c) He remained unmarried but had a live-in girlfriend.
(d) He died of a drug overdose.
15. Who was Laura?
(a) Hepburn's friend who traveled to Hollywood with her.
(b) Hepburn's cousin who tutored her as a child.
(c) Hepburn's nemesis on one of her film sets.
(d) Hepburn's aunt who introduced her to Luddy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Leland's profession?
2. What did Hepburn often have trouble with during the early days of her career?
3. What destroyed Hepburn's family home in 1938?
4. What was the family able to recover by digging, after the house was destroyed in 1938?
5. What did the director and male lead of Hepburn's first movie assume of Hepburn during a meeting?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)