|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Hepburn when she saw her mother cry for the first and only time?
(a) Waiting in the hospital during a loved one's surgery.
(b) Sitting in the back of a taxi following a funeral.
(c) On a ferry on the way to a crematorium.
(d) Sitting on a bench in a graveyard.
2. Who did Hepburn have tea with while working on The Lake?
(a) George V.
(b) The pope.
(c) President Roosevelt.
(d) Winston Churchill.
3. What did Leland often do while Hepburn ate dinner?
(a) Sing to her.
(b) Play solitaire.
(c) Drink a glass of wine.
4. What did Luddy do to the house he had with Hepburn?
(a) He drove into it.
(b) He caused it to flood.
(c) He painted the outside of it black.
(d) He accidently caused it to catch on fire.
5. Why did Hughes get upset during his meeting with Hepburn's parents?
(a) Hepburn was flirting with an old flame.
(b) Luddy was there and taking pictures.
(c) Hughes was put-off by Hepburn's family dynamic.
(d) The weather was not cooperating.
6. What did Hepburn think of Hughes when she first met him?
(a) She thought he was a suspicious person.
(b) She thought he was too full of himself.
(c) She thought he was forgettable.
(d) She thought he was handsome but a little old.
7. What did Hepburn's mother never do?
8. What wild creature made its way into Hepburn's living room in Chapter 3?
(a) A rat.
(b) A squirrel.
(c) A rattlesnake.
(d) A bird.
9. What did Hepburn's mother learn early on in life?
(a) To take what life gives you and make the best of it.
(b) To forgive but never forget.
(c) To live life to the fullest.
(d) To follow your dreams no matter what.
10. Who bought the rights to The Philadelphia Story for Hepburn?
(a) Howard Hughes.
(c) George Stevens.
(d) Spencer Tracy.
11. What kind of lessons was Hepburn taking when she met Luddy?
(a) Guitar lessons.
(b) Voice lessons.
(c) Dance lessons.
(d) Piano lessons.
12. What does Hepburn mention of Luddy's life after their divorce?
(a) He remarried and has two children.
(b) He died of a drug overdose.
(c) He remained unmarried but had a live-in girlfriend.
(d) He remarried and moved to England.
13. At what age did Hepburn's oldest brother die?
14. Where did Hepburn and Luddy marry?
(a) At Hepburn's family home in Hartford.
(b) In an apple orchard.
(c) On the stage of one of her plays.
(d) In a church.
15. What was Leland's profession?
(a) He was a set designer.
(b) He was an agent.
(c) He was an actor.
(d) He was a producer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the director for the movie Alice Adams?
2. How did Hepburn react to Leland's marriage?
3. What did the director and male lead of Hepburn's first movie assume of Hepburn during a meeting?
4. What was Hepburn's father doing when he met her mother?
5. How did Hepburn's father learn to be so sensitive to women?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)