|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Hepburn's father learn to be so sensitive to women?
(a) He grew up in a nunnery.
(b) He had many sisters and daughters.
(c) He was raised by his two aunts.
(d) He was close to his mother.
2. When did Hepburn date Leland?
(a) Over a year after her split from Luddy.
(b) Shortly after her split from Luddy.
(c) Right before her big break.
(d) During the making of her first film.
3. Who was originally wanted for Hepburn's role in The Warrior's Husband?
(a) Hope Williams.
(b) Harriet Williams.
(c) Hanna Williams.
(d) Heather Williams.
4. Which of Hepburn's siblings died at the age of seventy?
5. Which of the following was NOT a Hepburn film?
(a) Gone with the Wind.
(b) Morning Glory.
(d) Little Women.
6. What did Hepburn's mother become the president of?
(a) The Connecticut Women's Suffrage Association.
(b) The Connecticut Female Equality Initiative.
(c) The Connecticut Women's Suffrage Campaign.
(d) The Mothers' of Connecticut Partnership.
7. How does Hepburn describe her parents' relationship?
(a) They had a deep respect for one another.
(b) It was a tumultuous relationship.
(c) They were more like brother and sister.
(d) They were the perfect balance for one another.
8. What month was it when Hepburn's house was destroyed?
9. What did Hepburn often have trouble with during the early days of her career?
(a) Negotiating her contracts.
(b) Finding the energy to perform.
(c) Keeping her jobs.
(d) Getting along with her co-workers.
10. How much was Hepburn offered for a role in the section "First Trip to Hollywood"?
(a) One thousand dollars.
(b) Seven hundred dollars.
(c) Five hundred dollars.
(d) One hundred dollars.
11. What did Luddy do to the house he had with Hepburn?
(a) He accidently caused it to catch on fire.
(b) He caused it to flood.
(c) He painted the outside of it black.
(d) He drove into it.
12. What destroyed Hepburn's family home in 1938?
(a) A flood.
(b) A hurricane.
(c) A termite infestation.
(d) A tornado.
13. What interfered with Hepburn's make-up rehearsal for her first movie?
(a) A bad dye job.
(b) An eye patch she had to wear.
(c) A rather large, red blemish on her cheek.
(d) A broken collar bone.
14. What record did Hughes break while dating Hepburn?
(a) A record for high-speed car racing.
(b) A record for highest income in America.
(c) A record for flying around the world.
(d) A record for travelling in a hot air balloon.
15. Who did Hepburn begin to spend more time with after breaking up with Putnam?
(a) Luddy and Cary Grant.
(b) Jimmy Stewart and Howard Hughes.
(c) Arthur Hopkins and Jack Clarke.
(d) Jack Clarke and Luddy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Hepburn think of Hughes when she first met him?
2. Who did Hepburn meet while working with Mayer on The Philadelphia Story?
3. What was George Cukor's profession?
4. What did Hepburn's mother learn early on in life?
5. How does Hepburn describe her relationship with her living siblings, presently?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)