|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lou Sedaris busies himself
(a) Chatting with fishermen.
(b) Working equations in the sand.
2. Sedaris finally recognizes Mr. Mancini as a fellow outsider when
(a) He sees Mancini getting harrassed at the mall.
(b) He recognizes that Mancini is unhappy in his work.
(c) He sees Mancini shopping in the boys' department for clothes.
(d) He recognizes that Mancini does not have any talent.
3. Miss Sampson attempts to illustrate Sedaris' speech problem by
(a) Insisting Sedaris only use 's' words.
(b) Asking the rest of the class to comment on it.
(c) Making fun of his lisp at every opportunity.
(d) Over enunciating her 's' sounds.
4. What prompts Lou Sedaris to enroll his children in music lessons?
(a) He attends a concert for the Von Trapp Family Singers.
(b) His attends a rock concert with his children.
(c) He attends a concert for Dave Brubeck and his sons.
(d) He attends a jazz festival with his children.
5. Despite his experiences, Sedaris still finds the view of Manhattan and the fantasy of wealth
Short Answer Questions
1. Ironically, the food at the restaurant is described as
2. Sedaris' mother connects most closely with
3. The sign Sedaris would post on the Speech Therapist's door would read
4. Sedaris feels out of place in the restaurant because
5. In the end, Sedaris' authority is undermined when
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Sedaris' attitude in the face of the task he has to perform in his friend's bathroom.
2. What reasons does Sedaris list for hating computers?
3. Why does Sedaris believe there are no "normal" restaurants left in his neighborhood?
4. What is significant about the title Go Carolina?
5. How are Sedaris' parents described differently in the chapter?
6. Why does Mr. Mancini constantly refer to women and his sexual exploits?
7. When does Sedaris come to understand his parents' experience with dying pets?
8. Why does Sedaris feel the need to offer a comment to the final performance artist he mentions in the essay before he leaves?
9. Why does Sedaris claim to prefer the belief that his television is inhabited by tiny humans over a scientific explanation of its workings?
10. Describe Bonnie's character in City of Angels.
This section contains 831 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)