|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sedaris finally recognizes Mr. Mancini as a fellow outsider when
(a) He recognizes that Mancini is unhappy in his work.
(b) He sees Mancini shopping in the boys' department for clothes.
(c) He recognizes that Mancini does not have any talent.
(d) He sees Mancini getting harrassed at the mall.
2. Why is it difficult for Sedaris to travel with a typewriter?
(a) Sedaris insults security, and this calls attention to him and his typewriter.
(b) Security usually does not know what a typewriter is.
(c) Security finds the typewriter unusual enough to stop him regularly.
(d) The typewriter is heavy and cumbersome.
3. What is Lou Sedaris excited about at the start of the essay?
(a) His daughter ,Amy, has lost a considerable amount of weight.
(b) His daughter, Amy, is getting married.
(c) David is going to appear in a magazine article.
(d) His daughter, Amy, is going to appear in a magazine article.
4. Sedaris recalls that his mother explained
(a) That one should never leave a toilet unflushed.
(b) That one should never make a bowel movement at another's home.
(c) That everyone had bowel movements, but that we should not admit to them.
(d) That everyone had bowel movements, so he should not be ashamed about them.
5. The name "Rooster" came from
(a) Paul's business.
(b) Paul's mother.
(c) Paul's father.
(d) Paul himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. During his experience as a mover, Sedaris begins to change because
2. Sedaris' mother connects most closely with
3. Sedaris' interest in science extended only to
4. Before leaving for The Plaza, Sedaris warns Bonnie that
5. Sedaris compares the typewriter's antiquity to
Short Essay Questions
1. How are Sedaris' parents described differently in the chapter?
2. What is significant about the title Go Carolina?
3. What attributes of Paul's relationship with his father seem to balance out his directness and crude behavior?
4. Describe Bonnie's character in City of Angels.
5. How are Valencia and Patrick different?
6. What reasons does Sedaris list for hating computers?
7. How does the statement "You Can't Kill the Rooster" relate to Paul's personality?
8. Describe Sedaris' tone in relation to his own artistic talents.
9. What are the main differences between Sedaris and his father outlined in the chapter?
10. Why does Sedaris seem to object so strongly to his speech therapy sessions?
This section contains 854 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)