|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Richie had been in prison for
(a) Refusing to pay taxes.
(b) Killing his younger brother.
(c) Burning his sister to death.
(d) Burning his sister's boyfriend to death.
2. The Japanese cartoon Fatty and Skinny makes Sedaris sad because
(a) Skinny is unable to meet Fatty's demands, and ends up friendless.
(b) Skinny always demands money from Fatty.
(c) Fatty always rejects Skinny in the end.
(d) Fatty is unable to meet Skinny's demands and loses his friendship.
3. The question "Which do you like better, State or Carolina?" refers to
(a) Two different titles for one football team.
(b) University football teams.
(c) Contenders for the Superbowl title.
(d) Two local towns.
4. Amy Sedaris is fond of
(a) Having her picture taken for the newspaper.
(b) Dressing up and impersonating others.
(c) Impersonating her father.
(d) Gaining and losing weight haphazardly.
5. What finally convinces Sedaris that the computer might be interesting or enjoyable?
(a) His father convinces him that he can work much faster on a computer.
(b) Amy shows him Internet pornography.
(c) His father tells him how the Internet can connect the world.
(d) Amy shows him how to use the word processor.
6. While Sedaris has been preoccupied with tanning, his father has been preoccupied with
(a) Scientific questions.
(b) His fear of the ocean.
(c) The price of beachfront property.
(d) The Miss Emollient Pageant.
7. Sedaris recalls that his mother explained
(a) That everyone had bowel movements, but that we should not admit to them.
(b) That everyone had bowel movements, so he should not be ashamed about them.
(c) That one should never make a bowel movement at another's home.
(d) That one should never leave a toilet unflushed.
8. What prompts Lou Sedaris to enroll his children in music lessons?
(a) He attends a concert for Dave Brubeck and his sons.
(b) His attends a rock concert with his children.
(c) He attends a jazz festival with his children.
(d) He attends a concert for the Von Trapp Family Singers.
9. Lou Sedaris busies himself
(b) Chatting with fishermen.
(d) Working equations in the sand.
10. Sedaris discovers that most of the boys in speech therapy are
(a) Popular and smart.
(b) Unpopular and uninterested in sports.
(c) Unable to pronounce consonants correctly.
(d) Unlike himself.
11. Before Paul's personality fully emerged, his parents tried to interest him in
(a) Girls and dating.
(b) Writing and painting.
(c) Math and science.
(d) Music and sports.
12. What prompts Sedaris to find a job in New York?
(a) His father disapproves of his lifestyle.
(b) He is planning to buy a townhouse.
(c) He is ashamed of his poverty.
(d) He cannot live on his savings alone in New York.
13. The dog Mr. and Mrs. Sedaris coddled as empty-nesters was
(a) Sadie the cat.
(b) Mumbles, the teddy bear.
(c) Madchen 2, the replacement German Shepard.
(d) Melina, a Great Dane.
14. Mr. Mancini claims to be
(a) A rock star.
(b) A ladies man.
(c) A homosexual.
(d) A frustrated artist.
15. Who or what threatens to divide Sedaris' class?
(a) An asthmatic who protected the smoking rule in class.
(b) An older returning student who claimed he was wasting her time.
(c) The teenage freshmen students.
(d) Sedaris' Pillow Talk segment, where students discussed their personal lives.
Short Answer Questions
1. The sign Sedaris would post on the Speech Therapist's door would read
2. Sedaris suggests his brother is radically different from his other siblings because
3. Lou Sedaris said his daughters would thank him for
4. When visiting home, Amy tortures her father by
5. Sedaris first compares his speech therapist to
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)