|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the end, Sedaris' authority is undermined when
(a) He admits that he has never been published.
(b) He refuses to answer a student's question about his salary.
(c) He allows a student to teach the class.
(d) He admits how much money he is paid to teach the class
2. When Mancini insists he name his guitar, Sedaris names his "Joan," after
(a) His friend.
(b) His sister.
(c) His cousin.
(d) His mother.
3. Despite his experiences, Sedaris still finds the view of Manhattan and the fantasy of wealth
4. Who or what threatens to divide Sedaris' class?
(a) An older returning student who claimed he was wasting her time.
(b) The teenage freshmen students.
(c) Sedaris' Pillow Talk segment, where students discussed their personal lives.
(d) An asthmatic who protected the smoking rule in class.
5. Sedaris' friend Alisha describes most people as
(c) A handful.
6. Sedaris suggests his brother is radically different from his other siblings because
(a) He is the oldest, and therefore the most conservative.
(b) He is a North Carolina native with gentlemanly Southern values.
(c) He is more refined than they are.
(d) He is much younger, and a North Carolina native.
7. During his experience as a mover, Sedaris begins to change because
(a) He is always willing to move the attractive women, no matter how disorganized.
(b) He resents anyone who appears wealthy and organized.
(c) He imagines himself the queen ant ordering her inferiors about.
(d) He resents customers with too many books or records, and imagines himself an ant completing a task.
8. By way of explanation, Amy Sedaris explains her "bruises" and "sores" by saying
(a) She fell down the stairs.
(b) Her father beat her up.
(c) Her public should love her no matter what she looks like.
(d) She is finally in love.
9. Mr. Mancini makes Sedaris uncomfortable by constantly referring to
(a) Jazz musicians.
(b) Men and sex.
(c) Women and sex.
(d) Popular songs Sedaris does not know.
10. Sedaris is not bothered by the possible ingredients in a hot dog because
(a) He is used to exotic foods.
(b) He only eats vegetarian hot dogs.
(c) He does not believe the rumors about them.
(d) He recognizes the hot dog as food.
11. Bonnie is most interested in
(a) Learning about local culture.
(b) Visiting tourist traps.
(c) Following Sedaris' agenda.
(d) Staying inside to avoid New Yorkers.
12. Richie had been in prison for
(a) Burning his sister's boyfriend to death.
(b) Killing his younger brother.
(c) Burning his sister to death.
(d) Refusing to pay taxes.
13. Sedaris enjoys Alisha's visits because
(a) She never brings guests.
(b) She has her own opinions on New York.
(c) She is willing to do whatever anyone else wants to do.
(d) She is independent and always goes out on her own.
14. What prompts Lou Sedaris to enroll his children in music lessons?
(a) He attends a concert for Dave Brubeck and his sons.
(b) He attends a concert for the Von Trapp Family Singers.
(c) His attends a rock concert with his children.
(d) He attends a jazz festival with his children.
15. Sedaris describes his guitar teacher as
(a) An expert.
(b) A dwarf.
(d) A midget.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sedaris resents his father's approach toward art because
2. Why are the fishermen interested in Lou Sedaris' equation?
3. The sign Sedaris would post on the Speech Therapist's door would read
4. The dog Mr. and Mrs. Sedaris coddled as empty-nesters was
5. Why is Sedaris unable to ignore the problem?
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)