|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Shiner Like a Diamond.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The title The Youth In Asia applies to
(a) Sedaris' dogs, Fatty and Skinny.
(b) Euthanizing pets and the Japanese cartoon Fatty and Skinny.
(c) Euthanizing pets and adopting new ones.
(d) Sedaris' experiences living with a pet in Japan.
2. Sedaris suggests his brother is radically different from his other siblings because
(a) He is a North Carolina native with gentlemanly Southern values.
(b) He is the oldest, and therefore the most conservative.
(c) He is more refined than they are.
(d) He is much younger, and a North Carolina native.
3. When visiting home, Amy tortures her father by
(a) Pretending she refused to appear in the magazine article.
(b) Claiming that he is grossly overweight.
(c) Ignoring his questions about her personal life.
(d) Wearing a fat suit and pretending to be grossly overweight.
4. How does Sedaris prepare to teach his workshop?
(a) He organizes several get-to-know-you activities.
(b) He practices introducing himself in front of the mirror while holding a briefcase.
(c) He reads articles by famous writers.
(d) He writes elaborate lesson plans.
5. Mr. Mancini makes Sedaris uncomfortable by constantly referring to
(a) Jazz musicians.
(b) Men and sex.
(c) Women and sex.
(d) Popular songs Sedaris does not know.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sedaris goes to work for Patrick because
2. Sedaris first compares his speech therapist to
3. Why is Sedaris offered a job teaching a writing workshop?
4. Miss Sampson asks the previous question in order to
5. Sedaris' friend Alisha describes most people as
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)