|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Shiner Like a Diamond.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sedaris justifies viewing soap operas in class by
(a) Creating an assignment in which students wrote their own soap operas.
(b) Arguing that soap operas were an eduring fom of writing.
(c) Creating a writing assignment in which students predicted upcoming events.
(d) Arguing that soap operas taught attention to character.
2. Sedaris' attempt to recruit his guitar teacher for his jingle-singing act results in
3. In the end, Sedaris' authority is undermined when
(a) He allows a student to teach the class.
(b) He admits that he has never been published.
(c) He refuses to answer a student's question about his salary.
(d) He admits how much money he is paid to teach the class
4. The name "Rooster" came from
(a) Paul's business.
(b) Paul's father.
(c) Paul himself.
(d) Paul's mother.
5. Sedaris and his father seem to
(a) Be angry at each other most of the time.
(b) Try to make each other unhappy.
(c) Have an unusually close realtionship
(d) Have few common interests.
Short Answer Questions
1. Before Paul's personality fully emerged, his parents tried to interest him in
2. Miss Sampson attempts to illustrate Sedaris' speech problem by
3. Miss Sampson believes Sedaris lisps because
4. Lou Sedaris said his daughters would thank him for
5. Sedaris enjoys Alisha's visits because
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)