|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Shiner Like a Diamond.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sedaris enjoys Alisha's visits because
(a) She is willing to do whatever anyone else wants to do.
(b) She never brings guests.
(c) She has her own opinions on New York.
(d) She is independent and always goes out on her own.
2. Sedaris refuses to order dessert because
(a) He cannot pronounce it.
(b) He is insulted by the waiter's suggestion that he is counting calories.
(c) It contains fattening creme fraiche.
(d) It contains non-traditional ingredients like luncheon meat.
3. Instead of the performance piece in the twelfth "moment," Sedaris seems to admire
(a) The metaphors apparent in the performance.
(b) The number of people attending the performance.
(c) The beauty of the ordinary world around him.
(d) The courage of the performer.
4. Who or what threatens to divide Sedaris' class?
(a) Sedaris' Pillow Talk segment, where students discussed their personal lives.
(b) An asthmatic who protected the smoking rule in class.
(c) An older returning student who claimed he was wasting her time.
(d) The teenage freshmen students.
5. Sedaris' father asks him if he knows
(a) How many fish there are in the ocean.
(b) If he is aware of the dangers of sun-tanning.
(c) Why the fishermen are so tan.
(d) How many grains of sand there are in the world.
Short Answer Questions
1. While Sedaris has been preoccupied with tanning, his father has been preoccupied with
2. Bonnie is most interested in
3. Sedaris recalls that his mother explained
4. The title Sedaris tried to win for sun-bathing was
5. Sedaris' friend Alisha describes most people as
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)