|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Shiner Like a Diamond.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sedaris compares his father's most recent dog, Sophie, to
(a) A substitute wife.
(b) A trophy wife.
(c) A capricious young bride.
(d) An inexperienced substitute teacher.
2. Sedaris finally recognizes Mr. Mancini as a fellow outsider when
(a) He recognizes that Mancini is unhappy in his work.
(b) He recognizes that Mancini does not have any talent.
(c) He sees Mancini getting harrassed at the mall.
(d) He sees Mancini shopping in the boys' department for clothes.
3. The irony of the fisherman's position is that
(a) They can understand Lou Sedaris' scientific equations.
(b) They are not even trying to be tan.
(c) They can no longer afford to live by the beach.
(d) They can no longer fish in the ocean.
4. What adds to Sedaris' tension while he is in the bathroom?
(a) His friend keeps knocking on the door to hurry him up.
(b) His friend keeps asking him what he is doing in there.
(c) He can hear the others beginning to talk about him outside.
(d) He needs to use the toilet himself.
5. Sedaris attempts to hide his lisp by
(a) Learning as many s-free words as possible.
(b) Mispronouncing all his words.
(c) Practicing his s-words at home.
(d) Refusing to speak during therapy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sedaris fears his father is not up to the task of caring for his new dog, Sophie, because
2. Ironically, Sedaris and his siblings mock the fisherman's tan skin because
3. In the bathroom, the major problem Sedaris faces is
4. Where music is concerned, Sedaris' father could be described as a
5. Sedaris enjoys Alisha's visits because
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)