|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Learning Curve.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The dog Mr. and Mrs. Sedaris coddled as empty-nesters was
(a) Sadie the cat.
(b) Madchen 2, the replacement German Shepard.
(c) Mumbles, the teddy bear.
(d) Melina, a Great Dane.
2. Sedaris finally recognizes Mr. Mancini as a fellow outsider when
(a) He recognizes that Mancini does not have any talent.
(b) He recognizes that Mancini is unhappy in his work.
(c) He sees Mancini shopping in the boys' department for clothes.
(d) He sees Mancini getting harrassed at the mall.
3. Miss Sampson believes Sedaris lisps because
(a) He has a lazy tongue.
(b) He never learned to speak correctly.
(c) He cannot hear the sound of his own voice.
(d) He wants to stand out among other students.
4. Sedaris attempts to hide his lisp by
(a) Refusing to speak during therapy.
(b) Learning as many s-free words as possible.
(c) Practicing his s-words at home.
(d) Mispronouncing all his words.
5. Sedaris discussed his speech therapy sessions
(a) With other speech therapy students.
(b) Only with his father.
(c) With his sisters.
(d) Only with his mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Before Paul's personality fully emerged, his parents tried to interest him in
2. Sedaris believed he was living art because
3. Sedaris discovers that most of the boys in speech therapy are
4. Sedaris wonders at the way Paul and his father
5. The title Sedaris tried to win for sun-bathing was
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)