|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Learning Curve.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before Paul's personality fully emerged, his parents tried to interest him in
(a) Girls and dating.
(b) Math and science.
(c) Writing and painting.
(d) Music and sports.
2. Sedaris justifies viewing soap operas in class by
(a) Arguing that soap operas were an eduring fom of writing.
(b) Arguing that soap operas taught attention to character.
(c) Creating an assignment in which students wrote their own soap operas.
(d) Creating a writing assignment in which students predicted upcoming events.
3. Sedaris' first artistic success takes the form of
(a) A nest of human hair.
(b) Two wooden crates filled with garbage.
(c) A frying pan full of toy soldiers.
(d) Toe nail clippings.
4. Sedaris compares his father's most recent dog, Sophie, to
(a) An inexperienced substitute teacher.
(b) A capricious young bride.
(c) A trophy wife.
(d) A substitute wife.
5. At the end of the essay, Miss Sampson tricks Sedaris by
(a) Getting him to overcome his lisp.
(b) Getting him to say "I'm sorry."
(c) Forcing him to speak in front of the class.
(d) Making him continue to take speech therapy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sedaris discussed his speech therapy sessions
2. Why are the fishermen interested in Lou Sedaris' equation?
3. While Sedaris has been preoccupied with tanning, his father has been preoccupied with
4. What instrument does Sedaris' father choose for him?
5. Sedaris first compares his speech therapist to
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)