|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Learning Curve.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Paul's relationship with his father might be described as
(a) Coddling and protective.
(b) Callous and indifferent.
(c) Honest and direct.
(d) Blunt and hurtful.
2. Facing his lack of artistic talent might mean
(a) Admitting his father was right.
(b) Sobering up and moving on.
(c) Needing more drugs.
(d) Learning a new trade.
3. Sedaris' attempt to recruit his guitar teacher for his jingle-singing act results in
4. Sedaris justifies viewing soap operas in class by
(a) Arguing that soap operas taught attention to character.
(b) Creating an assignment in which students wrote their own soap operas.
(c) Arguing that soap operas were an eduring fom of writing.
(d) Creating a writing assignment in which students predicted upcoming events.
5. Sedaris believed he was living art because
(a) He sold silk sceens of footprints.
(b) He allowed a friend to shoot him in the shoulder.
(c) He was finally off drugs and moving past performance art.
(d) He was on drugs and deluded by his own sense of self-importance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What instrument does Sedaris' father choose for him?
2. The title The Youth In Asia applies to
3. In the end, Sedaris' authority is undermined when
4. What passion does Sedaris' father attempt to share with his children?
5. Sedaris describes his guitar teacher as
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)