|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Learning Curve.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sedaris describes his guitar teacher as
(a) A dwarf.
(b) An expert.
(d) A midget.
2. Mr. Mancini claims to be
(a) A ladies man.
(b) A homosexual.
(c) A frustrated artist.
(d) A rock star.
3. Sedaris' enjoyment of the ocean was ruined by
(a) His interest in sun-bathing.
(b) His experiences swimming in it.
(c) His mother's comparing it to a saltwater toilet.
(d) His father's explanation of the tides.
4. Sedaris' first artistic success takes the form of
(a) A nest of human hair.
(b) Toe nail clippings.
(c) Two wooden crates filled with garbage.
(d) A frying pan full of toy soldiers.
5. Instead of the performance piece in the twelfth "moment," Sedaris seems to admire
(a) The metaphors apparent in the performance.
(b) The number of people attending the performance.
(c) The beauty of the ordinary world around him.
(d) The courage of the performer.
Short Answer Questions
1. While Sedaris has been preoccupied with tanning, his father has been preoccupied with
2. Sedaris discussed his speech therapy sessions
3. Sedaris attempts to hide his lisp by
4. Sedaris wonders at the way Paul and his father
5. Two extreme facets of Paul's personality are
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)