|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Picka Pocketoni.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Hugh get frustrated with Sedaris' multiple purchases?
(a) They don't eat most of the foods that Sedaris can pronounce.
(b) They don't have enough room for all of Sedaris' purchases.
(c) Hugh is concerned about the money Sedaris spends.
(d) Hugh is concerned that Sedaris will never learn proper French.
2. Sedaris' father asks him if he knows
(a) How many grains of sand there are in the world.
(b) How many fish there are in the ocean.
(c) Why the fishermen are so tan.
(d) If he is aware of the dangers of sun-tanning.
3. Sedaris attempts to impress his teacher by
(a) Speaking perfect French.
(b) Using his humor to make homework assignments interesting.
(c) Speaking only English in class.
(d) Using his humor to lighten up the class.
4. Mr. Mancini makes Sedaris uncomfortable by constantly referring to
(a) Jazz musicians.
(b) Popular songs Sedaris does not know.
(c) Men and sex.
(d) Women and sex.
5. While Sedaris has been preoccupied with tanning, his father has been preoccupied with
(a) The price of beachfront property.
(b) The Miss Emollient Pageant.
(c) Scientific questions.
(d) His fear of the ocean.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sedaris finally recognizes Mr. Mancini as a fellow outsider when
2. The name "Rooster" came from
3. The title Sedaris tried to win for sun-bathing was
4. The scientific term Sedaris fears his father will use is
5. Sedaris recalls that his mother explained
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)