|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Picka Pocketoni.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are the students in Sedaris' French class intimidated by the teacher?
(a) The teacher refuses to speak French until lthe students speak it perfectly.
(b) The teacher claims to believe all the students are stupid.
(c) The teacher will not allow the students to speak aloud in class.
(d) The teacher is sarcastic and ridicules the students.
2. What prompts Sedaris to find a job in New York?
(a) His father disapproves of his lifestyle.
(b) He is ashamed of his poverty.
(c) He cannot live on his savings alone in New York.
(d) He is planning to buy a townhouse.
3. Sedaris is dismayed when he visits The Plaza because
(a) He finds it overrun with tourists like Bonnie.
(b) He is completely underdressed.
(c) Bonnie has been humiliated by New York women.
(d) He is intimidated by the New Yorkers.
4. Bonnie is most interested in
(a) Learning about local culture.
(b) Visiting tourist traps.
(c) Following Sedaris' agenda.
(d) Staying inside to avoid New Yorkers.
5. Sedaris finds the assignation of gender difficult because
(a) It seems vulgar to him.
(b) It seems like he is using too many words.
(c) It is so similiar in the English language.
(d) It seems random to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Sedaris feel ashamed about his inability to speak proper French?
2. Sedaris decides to try a crossword puzzle when
3. What adds to Sedaris' tension while he is in the bathroom?
4. Lou Sedaris is concerned about Amy's looks because
5. Martin, the American husband, remarks that
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)