|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first drink that Lou gets for her and Will at the wedding in Chapter 18?
2. What gift does Lou receive from her parents for her birthday in Chapter 13?
3. On what day of the week is Lou's birthday party in Chapter 13?
4. Where does Will's father suggest going for dinner when they return from the airport in Chapter 24?
5. How long is the drive to the wedding in Chapter 18?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lou behave toward Will on their return home in Chapter 24?
2. Why has Will been hospitalized in Chapter 22? What are the repercussions of his illness?
3. What activities do Will, Lou, and Nathan engage on in holiday in Chapter 23?
4. What causes the conflict between Patrick and Lou in the beginning of Chapter 20?
5. What does Lou wear to the wedding in Chapter 18? Why?
6. Where do Lou, Will, and Nathan go for holiday in Chapter 23? Why?
7. Why does Lou refuse to join the celebration dinner in Chapter 24?
8. What gifts does Lou receive for her birthday in Chapter 13? Which is her favorite?
9. Who is Steven's mistress? How is her past with Steven described in Chapter 21: Steven?
10. What responses does "Busy Bee" get to her questions on the quadriplegic chat site in Chapter 15?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze and discuss the character of Louisa Clark as the protagonist of Me Before You. How old is Louisa at the beginning of the novel? How does Louisa's character evolve in the course of the story? What leads to her character's changes?
Essay Topic 2
Where does Lou take Will and Nathan for Will's first outing? What obstacles does Lou encounter during this outing? How does Will feel about his experiences on the outing?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the setting of Me Before You. Where does Lou live? What are her experiences outside of this setting? What structure serves as a backdrop to the setting? How important is the setting to the plot of the story?
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)