|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Treena say has led to hives on her face in Chapter 20?
2. Who offers her card to Lou at the wedding, telling her that she is on the board of a charitable organization that encourages retraining in Chapter 18?
3. How many text messages does Lou say she had sent to Patrick since they'd split in Chapter 22?
4. Who from the quad chat boards hooked Lou up with his cousin who is a travel agent in Chapter 23?
5. What is the first drink that Lou gets for her and Will at the wedding in Chapter 18?
Short Essay Questions
1. What activities do Will, Lou, and Nathan engage on in holiday in Chapter 23?
2. What gifts does Will buy for the wedding in Chapter 18? How are they described?
3. Why does Nathan become concerned about Will's health in Chapter 19: Nathan?
4. Where does Will suggest going out with Lou in Chapter 17? Why?
5. What does Lou wear to the wedding in Chapter 18? Why?
6. What responses does "Busy Bee" get to her questions on the quadriplegic chat site in Chapter 15?
7. Where do Lou, Will, and Nathan go for holiday in Chapter 23? Why?
8. How does Lou behave toward Will on their return home in Chapter 24?
9. What decision does Lou make regarding Patrick in Chapter 16? Why?
10. What is significant about the newspaper articles that Lou describes in May in Chapter 14?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss and analyze the character of Nathan in the novel. What is Nathan's role in the Traynor home? For how long has he been involved in the home? What relationship does he form with Louisa?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the language style of Me Before You. How would you describe the colloquialisms employed by the characters? In what ways does the characters' dialogue in the novel reflect upon their personalities and education?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and discuss the character of Patrick in Me Before You. When and where did Lou meet Patrick? For how long have they dated? What causes the conflicts in their relationship?
This section contains 740 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)