|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What device does Lou find for Will so that he can write his own letters in Chapter 13?
2. From where does Treena tell Lou she got a letter in Chapter 25: Katrina?
3. Where does Lou go with Treena and Thomas when she finally leaves her room in Chapter 25: Katrina?
4. What does Lou say she wants a tattoo of in Chapter 15?
5. Why does Lou say she is missing the Triathlon Terrors meeting in Chapter 13?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes the conflict between Patrick and Lou in the beginning of Chapter 20?
2. What has caused the press to keep trying to contact Lou in Chapter 25: Katrina?
3. What decision does Lou make regarding Patrick in Chapter 16? Why?
4. Where does Will suggest going out with Lou in Chapter 17? Why?
5. Why do Lou and Patrick get into an argument after her birthday party in Chapter 13?
6. What gifts does Will buy for the wedding in Chapter 18? How are they described?
7. What is significant about the newspaper articles that Lou describes in May in Chapter 14?
8. What has led to the difficulty in sleeping arrangements at the Clark home in Chapter 16?
9. Why do Lou and Will end up staying at a hotel in Chapter 18?
10. Why does Lou refuse to join the celebration dinner in Chapter 24?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe and discuss the character of Patrick in Me Before You. When and where did Lou meet Patrick? For how long have they dated? What causes the conflicts in their relationship?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the motif of assisted suicide and the theme of the right to choose in Me Before You. How is this controversial subject explored through character in the story? How does the author explore this theme through action and conflict? What symbolism relates to this theme?
Essay Topic 3
What has prompted the press to begin harassing Lou and her family at the end of the novel? Who is presumably responsible for leaking information to the press? Who confronts this person and how?
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)