|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. For how long does Katrina say Lou did not come out of her room after she got back from her holiday in Chapter 25: Katrina?
2. How much does the silver picture frame cost that Will buys for the wedding in Chapter 18?
3. In what place did Patrick come in the Viking race?
4. How old was the young football player who had assisted suicide performed?
5. How long is the flight that Lou and Will take in Chapter 23?
Short Essay Questions
1. What gifts does Will buy for the wedding in Chapter 18? How are they described?
2. What causes the conflict between Patrick and Lou in the beginning of Chapter 20?
3. Where do Lou, Will, and Nathan go for holiday in Chapter 23? Why?
4. What has led to the difficulty in sleeping arrangements at the Clark home in Chapter 16?
5. What responses does "Busy Bee" get to her questions on the quadriplegic chat site in Chapter 15?
6. What causes Lou to have a panic attack in Chapter 17?
7. Where does Lou decide she wants to take Will for holiday in Chapter 20?
8. Why do Lou and Patrick get into an argument after her birthday party in Chapter 13?
9. What has caused the press to keep trying to contact Lou in Chapter 25: Katrina?
10. What leads to Lou and Patrick's breakup in the novel?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the successful outings that Lou takes Will on? What impacts do they have on Will? How do you think these adventures change their relationship?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Louisa's farewell to Will in Switzerland. Has Louisa come to terms with Will's decision? Why or why not? What does Lou talk to Will about before she leaves?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the narrative style of Me Before You. Where in the novel does the narrative perspective change? Why do you think the author makes these transitions? How would the novel differ if related from a different narrator?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)