|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lou's mom serve for dinner on the day of her interview in Chapter 25: Katrina?
2. Who in Lou's family does Steven say he talked to after Lou moved in, in Chapter 21: Steven?
3. What theme park does the travel agent suggest Lou going to with Will in Chapter 18?
4. What has Will brought with him for Lou's birthday dinner in Chapter 13?
5. Who is talking to Will when Lou returns with their drinks at the wedding in Chapter 18?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has caused the press to keep trying to contact Lou in Chapter 25: Katrina?
2. What gifts does Will buy for the wedding in Chapter 18? How are they described?
3. What decision does Lou make regarding Patrick in Chapter 16? Why?
4. Why has Will been hospitalized in Chapter 22? What are the repercussions of his illness?
5. What leads to Lou and Patrick's breakup in the novel?
6. What does Lou wear to the wedding in Chapter 18? Why?
7. Why does Nathan become concerned about Will's health in Chapter 19: Nathan?
8. What does Lou reveal to Camilla at the cafe in Chapter 17? How does Camilla respond?
9. What is significant about the newspaper articles that Lou describes in May in Chapter 14?
10. Why do Lou and Patrick get into an argument after her birthday party in Chapter 13?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the successful outings that Lou takes Will on? What impacts do they have on Will? How do you think these adventures change their relationship?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the theme of trauma and the impacts of trauma in Me Before You. How is this theme explored through Louisa's character? How is it examined through Will's character? What symbolism and imagery connects to this theme?
Essay Topic 3
How would you describe Louisa's ambitions in life? How do Louisa's ambitions and her outlook on life differ from those of Will? How does Will influence Lou's outlook?
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)