|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who accuses Lou of blackmail in Chapter 10?
2. For how long does Camilla say sh ha's been a magistrate in Chapter 8: Camilla?
3. What is Will's last name?
4. How many footsteps does the narrator describe between the bus stop and home in the opening of Chapter 1: 2009?
5. Why does Will's mother insist that Will and Lou go outside in Chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. What secret revelation does Lou discover in the end of Chapter 7?
2. What does Mrs. Traynor say to Lou when she comes to her house in Chapter 9?
3. What does Lou discover when she hears a crash from the kitchen in Chapter 4?
4. How is Granta House described in Chapter 2? Where is it located?
5. How does Will feel about his outing to the racetrack in Chapter 11?
6. Why has a crowd gathered outside Lou's house in Chapter 9?
7. Who comes to visit Will in Chapter 4? Why?
8. How does Lou describe her relationship with her sister in the beginning of the novel?
9. What does Lou note about Will at the hospital visit in Chapter 5? What does this signify?
10. How does Camilla describe her response to her son's intention to undergo assisted suicide in Chapter 8: Camilla?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss and analyze the character of Nathan in the novel. What is Nathan's role in the Traynor home? For how long has he been involved in the home? What relationship does he form with Louisa?
Essay Topic 2
Where does Lou take Will and Nathan for Will's first outing? What obstacles does Lou encounter during this outing? How does Will feel about his experiences on the outing?
Essay Topic 3
How would you describe Louisa's ambitions in life? How do Louisa's ambitions and her outlook on life differ from those of Will? How does Will influence Lou's outlook?
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)