|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lou tell the racegoers in order to get them to help with Will's wheelchair in Chapter 11?
2. What are the hours that Will's mother tells Lou she'll be working in Chapter 2?
3. For how long does Lou say she and Patrick have known one another in Chapter 2?
4. Who is Richard Grisham's wife?
5. How long has it been since Will was last visited by his former girlfriend in Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lou note about Will at the hospital visit in Chapter 5? What does this signify?
2. What advice does Treena give to Lou once she learns the truth about Will in Chapter 9?
3. Who is Nathan and what is his role at Granta House?
4. What does Mrs. Traynor say to Lou when she comes to her house in Chapter 9?
5. How does Lou describe meeting Patrick in Chapter 7?
6. How does Lou describe her relationship with her sister in the beginning of the novel?
7. Where does Will agree to go with Lou in Chapter 12? Is the outing successful?
8. What conflict breaks out between Treena and Lou in Chapter 10?
9. What obstacles do Lou and Nathan encounter at the racetrack in Chapter 11?
10. What secret revelation does Lou discover in the end of Chapter 7?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe and discuss the character of Patrick in Me Before You. When and where did Lou meet Patrick? For how long have they dated? What causes the conflicts in their relationship?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the language style of Me Before You. How would you describe the colloquialisms employed by the characters? In what ways does the characters' dialogue in the novel reflect upon their personalities and education?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the theme of quality of life versus quantity of life in Me Before You. How is this theme developed through character and setting? How is it developed through symbolism and imagery? Is quality or quantity more important to the characters in the story?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)