|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color eyes does Will have?
2. For how long does Lou say she and Patrick have known one another in Chapter 2?
3. How long does Will say he dated his ex-girlfriend in Chapter 7?
4. What is the name of the cafe where Lou worked before she was laid off?
5. How long has it been since Will was last visited by his former girlfriend in Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. What movie does Will get Lou to watch in Chapter 5? Why?
2. How would you describe the narrative style of the Prologue: 2007?
3. How is Granta House described in Chapter 2? Where is it located?
4. Why has a crowd gathered outside Lou's house in Chapter 9?
5. What advice does Treena give to Lou once she learns the truth about Will in Chapter 9?
6. What does Lou discover when she hears a crash from the kitchen in Chapter 4?
7. Who arrives after Lou has cut Will's hair in Chapter 7? How does she behave toward Will?
8. How is Lou's first meeting with Will described in Chapter 3?
9. How does Lou realize that Will is sick in Chapter 6?
10. How does Lou describe her relationship with her sister in the beginning of the novel?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What has prompted the press to begin harassing Lou and her family at the end of the novel? Who is presumably responsible for leaking information to the press? Who confronts this person and how?
Essay Topic 2
Where does Lou take Will and Nathan for Will's first outing? What obstacles does Lou encounter during this outing? How does Will feel about his experiences on the outing?
Essay Topic 3
How do Louisa's feelings about Will change after she learns he intends to undergo assisted suicide? What convinces Lou to stay working for Will's family? How does this change Lou's objectives in the novel?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)