|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What aunt does Lou's father compare her to?
2. What is the name of Will's mother?
3. Who was the last girl that was hired as a caretaker to Will before Lou?
4. Who is Richard Grisham's wife?
5. What color is the beret that Treena is wearing in Chapter 10?
(a) Dark purple.
(b) Dark green.
(c) Ruby red.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many footsteps does the narrator describe between the bus stop and home in the opening of Chapter 1: 2009?
2. How long ago does Will's mother say he was injured in Chapter 2?
3. What literary device is used in the following sentence from Chapter 7: "Spring arrived overnight, as if winter, like some unwanted guest, had abruptly shrugged its way into its coat and vanished, without saying goodbye."
4. How long does Lou say she has been dating Patrick in Chapter 7?
5. For how long does Lou say she and Patrick have known one another in Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lou note about Will at the hospital visit in Chapter 5? What does this signify?
2. What secret does Lou learn about Mr. Traynor in Chapter 6?
3. How does Lou realize that Will is sick in Chapter 6?
4. How does Lou get the group of drunken men at the racetrack to assist her and Nathan in Chapter 11?
5. How does Lou respond when Mrs. Traynor finds her sleeping in Will's bed in Chapter 6?
6. How does Will feel about his outing to the racetrack in Chapter 11?
7. How is Lou's outfit described for her interview in Chapter 2? Why did she wear this outfit?
8. How is Granta House described in Chapter 2? Where is it located?
9. What does Lou discover when she hears a crash from the kitchen in Chapter 4?
10. What conflict breaks out between Treena and Lou in Chapter 10?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)