Prologue: 2007 - Chapter 1: 2009
• The Prologue: 2007 is related from a third-person narrator and introduces the reader to Will Traynor, as he dresses for work, leaving behind his lover Lissa in his flat.
• Will is working on a business deal and has 22 messages waiting on his Blackberry as he heads to the building’s garage to get his motorcycle.
• The garage supervisor informs Will that it is raining heavily, so he abandons the motorcycle and prepares to catch a cab to his office instead.
• Will waves down a cab across the street and crosses to it; however, he is quickly hit by a motorcycle that is speeding and unable to stop.
• Chapter 1: 2009 is related from the first-person perspective of Louisa “Lou” Clark, a 26-year-old woman who works at a café.
• Lou learns that her boss Frank is closing the café and despite the three months’ severance pay she has gotten...
This section contains 3,793 words
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)