|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Mr. McTeague so upset with "Other Dentist" in Chapter 4?
2. After Mr. McTeague and Trina's date at the theater, who meets the Sieppes at Parlours?
3. What unexpected guest makes a toast at Trina and Mr. McTeague's wedding?
4. To whom does Maria deliver the special news about Trina in Chapter 7?
5. Who meets Mr. McTeague at the coffee-joint a few days after Trina's procedure?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mr. McTeague react upon meeting Trina?
2. How does Marcus handle McTeague's news of his growing feelings for Trina?
3. How does Zerkow react to the news of Trina's windfall?
4. How does Trina react to Mr. McTeague upon his arrival at the station? Is this the reaction Mr. McTeague expected?
5. In Chapter 3, have Mr. McTeague's feelings for Trina changed over the week since Trina's dental work? If so, how?
6. What does Mr. McTeague do during his Sunday routine?
7. What changes Mr. McTeague's mood when he arrives back at Parlours after his confrontation with Marcus at the coffee shop in Chapter 8?
8. What kind offer do the Sieppes bestow upon Marcus and Mr. McTeague while at the picnic?
9. In Chapter 5, who meets Marcus and Mr. McTeague at the station?
10. How does Maria make money?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
McTeague's journey throughout the book is peppered with discoveries. One such discovery involves the scope of his life and the lens through which he sees everything in his life. How does Mr. McTeague's vision of his life change over he course of the book?
Essay Topic 2
Trina is adept at hard work which includes keeping her husband, house, and family in order. What length does Trina go to assure that the McTeagues' friends and family do not suspect the troubles detailed in Chapter 13?
Essay Topic 3
Trina buys the gold tooth sign for Mr. McTeague at the beginning of their relationship. How does her generosity directly relate to her feeling of safety within the relationship? What is the reason for this generosity? How does her generosity contrast with the way she behaves in the rest of the book. Why?
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)