|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who takes care of Mr. McTeague's and Trina's wedding festivities?
2. What kind of procedure does Mr. McTeague perform on Trina?
3. How is the younger dentist whose practice is just down the road from Mr. McTeague's office referred to?
4. Mrs. Sieppe falls upon hard times at the end of Chapter 10. What does she do?
5. How does Trina want to change her husband during the beginning of their marriage?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way does Marcus suggest that Mr. McTeague take his courtship with Trina to the next level?
2. Who accompanies Mr. McTeague and Trina on their date to the theater, and how does it turn out?
3. Describe Mr. McTeague's childhood.
4. How does Trina react when Mr. McTeague calls on her again in Chapter 6?
5. What is the name game that Maria and Marcus play each day?
6. What is the state of Mr. McTeague and Trina's relationship when Trina's treatments are finished?
7. What does Maria do to interest Zerkow?
8. How does Mr. McTeague meet Trina?
9. What changes Mr. McTeague's mood when he arrives back at Parlours after his confrontation with Marcus at the coffee shop in Chapter 8?
10. What happens when Mr. McTeague proposes to Trina for the second time?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is Maria's relationship with money throughout the story? How does she use her money? How does it effect her relationship with other characters?
Essay Topic 2
Why does Trina choose to say yes to Mr. McTeague's proposal at her lottery celebration? What does this say about the future of their relationship? Why does she wait until Mr. McTeague's third attempt before accepting his proposal?
Essay Topic 3
Trina is adept at hard work which includes keeping her husband, house, and family in order. What length does Trina go to assure that the McTeagues' friends and family do not suspect the troubles detailed in Chapter 13?
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)