|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mr. McTeague tell Trina he is going as they sit in their new house?
(a) Fishing for the day.
(b) To visit Marcus.
(c) Job hunting for the day.
(d) To open up a savings account for his wife's money.
2. After traveling through unyielding desert heat, encountering rattlesnakes and suffering through bouts of paranoia, whom does Mr. McTeague encounter?
(a) Trina's ghost.
(b) The "Other Dentist."
(d) Trina's father.
3. How much of Trina's lottery winnings is spent on solving the McTeague's housing issues?
(a) None of it.
(b) 10 percent of it.
(c) 5 percent of it.
(d) All of it.
4. When Trina refuses Mr. McTeague's request in Chapter 19, how does he react?
(a) Mr. McTeague is angry and kills Trina.
(b) Mr. McTeague laughs hysterically and runs out of the room.
(c) Mr. McTeague is angry and storms out of the room.
(d) Mr. McTeague cries and pleads for Trina's forgiveness.
5. What reason does Mr. McTeague's notice from City Hall give for it's message?
(a) Trina forgot to pay the taxes on the lottery winnings.
(b) Mr. McTeague's business has been targeted by the authorities because he works and lives in the same building.
(c) Trina submitted an application for her husband to receive an ethical business award.
(d) Mr. McTeague is no longer allowed to practice because he lacks a formal education.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Mr. McTeague and his companions believe about their big find in the desert?
2. What prompts this sudden thrust of courage from Miss Baker to offer Old Grannis tea?
3. After Mr. McTeague's departure, what is Trina doing for money?
4. In Chapter 14, what does the second City Hall notice say the McTeagues must do?
5. When Mr. McTeague first receives a notice from City Hall what does it say?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mrs. McTeague show her emotional descent into becoming a miser?
2. Trina expresses her emotions to Mr. McTeague, in Chapter 15, and the tables turn on her. How does Mr. McTeague react?
3. How does the McTeague's relationship deteriorate further in Chapter 18?
4. What action does Old Grannis take that makes him so unhappy?
5. In Chapter 13, what does Mr. McTeague receive from City Hall and how does he react?
6. What news does the "Other Dentist" deliver that change's Mrs. McTeague's view of what other people think about the couple's financial situation?
7. In Chapter 20, what causes Mr. McTeague to take caution, while he alone in his cabin, and what is his reaction?
8. What line of work does Mr. McTeague pursue in Chapter 21, with whom, and what transpires?
9. How does Trina's obsession with money contribute to her loss of love and relationship?
10. What do Marcus and Mr. McTeague fight over as they stand in the desert heat?
This section contains 932 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)