|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Upon entering Maria's apartment to talk, what gruesome discovery does Trina make?
(a) Maria is dead.
(b) Zerkow is dead.
(c) Zerkow and Maria dead.
(d) Maria's child is dead.
2. What event immediately happens to Mr. McTeague after he and his wife move, that causes further tension in the McTeague household?
(a) He has been offered a better paying job elsewhere.
(b) He gets a raise.
(c) He quits.
(d) He gets fired.
3. In Chapter 19, Trina still has five thousand dollars, but where is the money?
(a) In her parent's house for safekeeping.
(b) In the bank.
(c) Under her mattress.
(d) Still invested in her uncle's toy shop.
4. How much of Trina's lottery winnings is spent on solving the McTeague's housing issues?
(a) None of it.
(b) 10 percent of it.
(c) All of it.
(d) 5 percent of it.
5. What is most devastating for Trina about her experience with Mr. McTeague?
(a) What the neighbors might think.
(b) Mr. McTeague took with him all of her savings.
(c) Mr. McTeague still has no job.
(d) Mr. McTeague's leaving.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Old Grannis sad about his actions in chapter 17?
2. After Mr. McTeague leaves Trina for good, In what location does he find a job?
3. What final event leads to Mr. McTeague's demise?
4. Who is the culprit of the crime which occurs in Maria and Zerkow's apartment?
5. Under what name does Mr. McTeague work at his new job?
Short Essay Questions
1. Trina expresses her emotions to Mr. McTeague, in Chapter 15, and the tables turn on her. How does Mr. McTeague react?
2. What big decision does Marcus make at the end of chapter 12?
3. What does Mr. McTeague do after he confronts and kills his wife?
4. What does Trina ask of Mr. McTeague before he goes out into the icy, cold rain that further feeds Mr. McTeague's anger?
5. How does Trina's obsession with money contribute to her loss of love and relationship?
6. In Chapter 20, what causes Mr. McTeague to take caution, while he alone in his cabin, and what is his reaction?
7. What drives Zerkow to madness and why does he kill Maria?
8. How does Mr. McTeague justify his abusive actions toward his wife in Chapters 15 & 16?
9. Who comes to comfort Old Grannis and why?
10. What news does the "Other Dentist" deliver that change's Mrs. McTeague's view of what other people think about the couple's financial situation?
This section contains 819 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)