|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Old Grannis sad about his actions in chapter 17?
(a) He regrets never being able to listen to his phonograph.
(b) He put a price on something he loves.
(c) He will never being able to talk with Miss Baker again.
(d) He regrets his decision to move.
2. Upon entering Maria's apartment to talk, what gruesome discovery does Trina make?
(a) Maria is dead.
(b) Maria's child is dead.
(c) Zerkow is dead.
(d) Zerkow and Maria dead.
3. Why do the McTeague's choose to move to someone else's home?
(a) To shorten McTeague's commute.
(b) To save money.
(c) To help Trina's parents.
(d) To redo the house.
4. How much of Trina's lottery winnings is spent on solving the McTeague's housing issues?
(a) 5 percent of it.
(b) None of it.
(c) All of it.
(d) 10 percent of it.
5. Where does Mr. McTeague tell Trina he is going as they sit in their new house?
(a) Job hunting for the day.
(b) To visit Marcus.
(c) Fishing for the day.
(d) To open up a savings account for his wife's money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Trina tell Mr. McTeague to do after something happens at his job in Chapter 15?
2. Who is the culprit of the crime which occurs in Maria and Zerkow's apartment?
3. In Chapter 21, what is Mr. McTeague's state of mind?
4. Who does Mrs. McTeague suspect is behind the notice from City Hall?
5. What is Zerkow's reaction to Maria's dementia?
Short Essay Questions
1. What line of work does Mr. McTeague pursue in Chapter 21, with whom, and what transpires?
2. How does the McTeague's relationship deteriorate further in Chapter 18?
3. In Chapter 13, what does Mr. McTeague receive from City Hall and how does he react?
4. What big decision does Marcus make at the end of chapter 12?
5. What events lead up to Mr. McTeague killing Trina?
6. How does Trina's obsession with money contribute to her loss of love and relationship?
7. Who comes to comfort Old Grannis and why?
8. What drives Zerkow to madness and why does he kill Maria?
9. How does Mrs. McTeague show her emotional descent into becoming a miser?
10. What happens to create Maria's dementia?
This section contains 874 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)