|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mr. McTeague's occupation at the beginning of the book?
(a) A dentist
(b) A landlord
(c) A car conductor
(d) A fisherman
2. Who does the picnic party that Trina planned run into?
(c) The "Other Denist."
(d) Old Grannis.
3. What is the amount of Trina's winnings?
(a) One thousand dollars.
(b) Five thousand dollars.
(c) Five hundred dollars.
(d) Ten thousand dollars.
4. How does Trina react to Mr. McTeague's announcement about the champagne at the wedding?
(a) Trina laughs with the crowd at McTeague's blunder.
(b) Trina defends her groom, saying that it was intentional.
(c) Trina ignores Mr. McTeague's blunder and makes her own toast.
(d) Trina agrees with him.
5. As Mr. McTeague returns home after Frenna's , what does he find in the parcel outside his door?
(a) A gilded tooth sign for his Parlours.
(b) A new dental light.
(c) A family portrait of the Sieppe family.
(d) A new pipe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Mr. McTeague's mother during his dentistry training?
2. Who meets Mr. McTeague at the coffee-joint a few days after Trina's procedure?
3. What is Marcus' suggestion for Trina and Mr. McTeague after the delivery of the special news?
4. How does Mr. McTeague react around Trina at the beginning of chapter 2?
5. While they are having a drink together in Chapter 8, what does Marcus ask Mr. McTeague for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Marcus more upset about than losing Trina In Chapter 7?
2. How does Trina react to Mr. McTeague upon his arrival at the station? Is this the reaction Mr. McTeague expected?
3. What is the state of Mr. McTeague and Trina's relationship when Trina's treatments are finished?
4. How does Trina react when Mr. McTeague calls on her again in Chapter 6?
5. What does Mr. McTeague say about the champagne at his wedding and how does Trina react?
6. In Chapter 8, what is Mr. McTeague's new obsession?
7. Is Trina comfortable with Mr. McTeague?
8. What changes Mr. McTeague's mood when he arrives back at Parlours after his confrontation with Marcus at the coffee shop in Chapter 8?
9. What does Maria do after the lottery celebration?
10. What kind offer do the Sieppes bestow upon Marcus and Mr. McTeague while at the picnic?
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)