|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mr. McTeague wish to spend Trina's windfall?
(a) Invest the money wisely.
(b) On a new office for his dental practice..
(c) On a sign shaped like a big gold tooth.
(d) On a house for them to share.
2. What announcement does Mr. McTeague make after Trina receiving her special news?
(a) They will have a baby soon.
(b) They are moving Europe.
(c) They will be married.
(d) They will buy a house.
3. What does Mr. McTeague do while he is in Trina's room after the picnic at Schuetzen Park?
(a) He tries not to touch anything.
(b) He surveys every inch of Trina's room.
(c) He looks around for a good book to read.
(d) He immediately goes to sleep.
4. Of all the things that happen at Frenna's, what is Mr. McTeague most concerned about after Marcus' outburst?
(a) That Trina will no longer love him.
(b) The shattered pipe.
(c) That his former friend has just tried to kill him.
(d) That he will no longer be welcome at Frenna's.
5. In Chapter 4, how does Mr. McTeague react when Marcus voices his concern over McTeague's silence during their long walk?
(a) Mr. McTeague is silent when Marcus presses him about Trina.
(b) Mr. McTeague yells, "I hate San Francisco!" when Marcus asks about his flat.
(c) Mr. McTeague yells, "I love Trina!" when Marcus presses him about his finances.
(d) Mr. McTeague speaks up when Marcus presses him about Trina.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of procedure does Mr. McTeague perform on Trina?
2. How much money did Trina spent on the wedding?
3. In the first half of the story, what does Mr. McTeague believe Trina deserves?
4. What unexpected guest makes a toast at Trina and Mr. McTeague's wedding?
5. What does Mr. McTeague say about the champagne during his wedding?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mr. McTeague say about the champagne at his wedding and how does Trina react?
2. How does Mr. McTeague react upon meeting Trina?
3. About what subject do the McTeague's have their first major argument?
4. What does Maria do to interest Zerkow?
5. How does Marcus handle McTeague's news of his growing feelings for Trina?
6. What does Maria do after the lottery celebration?
7. What is the state of Mr. McTeague and Trina's relationship when Trina's treatments are finished?
8. In Chapter 8, what is Mr. McTeague's new obsession?
9. Who accompanies Mr. McTeague and Trina on their date to the theater, and how does it turn out?
10. In Chapter 5, who meets Marcus and Mr. McTeague at the station?
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)