|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mr. McTeague doing when the novel begins?
(a) Living with his mother.
(b) He is working at a dental machinery plant.
(c) He has started a business.
(d) He is working in a gold mine.
2. In Chapter 2, what does Marcus do while he and Trina wait for her appointment with Mr. McTeague?
(a) He flirts with Maria.
(b) He yells at Maria.
(c) He teases Maria.
(d) He asks Maria a question.
3. How does Trina react to Mr. McTeague's announcement about the champagne at the wedding?
(a) Trina laughs with the crowd at McTeague's blunder.
(b) Trina agrees with him.
(c) Trina defends her groom, saying that it was intentional.
(d) Trina ignores Mr. McTeague's blunder and makes her own toast.
4. How does Marcus handle Mr. McTeague's news as they walk in Chapter 4?
(a) Marcus handles Mr. McTeague's confession fairly well and resolves to propose to Augustine the next day.
(b) He handles the news fairly well and resolves to give Trina to McTeague.
(c) Marcus blows up upon hearing Mr. McTeague's confession and resolves to get revenge.
(d) Marcus is furious upon hearing Mr. McTeague's confession, but gives Trina to McTeague anyway.
5. What do the Sieppes ask Mr. McTeague and Marcus to do after the picnic at Schuetzen Park?
(a) Stay the night at a local inn.
(b) Stay the night at the Sieppes' home.
(c) Lend the family money.
(d) Leave right after the picnic.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money did Trina spent on the wedding?
2. To whom does Maria deliver the special news about Trina in Chapter 7?
3. How does Mr. McTeage react to Marcus' request while they are having a drink together in chapter 8?
4. In Chapter 3, what are Marcus' feeling about Trina?
5. What is the amount of Trina's winnings?
Short Essay Questions
1. About what subject do the McTeague's have their first major argument?
2. How does Mr. McTeague meet Trina?
3. In Chapter 2, during Trina's dental work, what happens to make her react strongly?
4. In Chapter 3, have Trina's feelings toward McTeague changed? If so, how?
5. What changes Mr. McTeague's mood when he arrives back at Parlours after his confrontation with Marcus at the coffee shop in Chapter 8?
6. What does Mr. McTeague say about the champagne at his wedding and how does Trina react?
7. In Chapter 3, have Mr. McTeague's feelings for Trina changed over the week since Trina's dental work? If so, how?
8. How does Maria make money?
9. What does Mr. McTeague do during his Sunday routine?
10. What does Maria do after the lottery celebration?
This section contains 850 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)