|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How have Trina's feelings changed for Mr. McTeague since the beginning of their marriage during the beginning of Chapter 10?
(a) She has learned to love him.
(b) She no longer loves Mr. McTeague.
(c) She has learned to ignore him.
(d) She has grown to despise him.
2. What does Mr. McTeague do in his childhood?
(a) He plays sports.
(b) He goes away with a travelling dentist to learn the trade.
(c) He leaves home to join the circus.
(d) He goes away with a traveling salesman to learn the trade.
3. What does Marcus think is behind Mr. McTeague's silence during their long walk?
(a) Marcus thinks Mr. McTeague is ill.
(b) Marcus concludes that there must be a lady to blame.
(c) Marcus believes Mr. McTeague is plotting his death.
(d) Marcus wonders if Mr. McTeague is losing his mind.
4. Initially, how does Mr. McTeague feel about Trina?
(a) He thinks about Trina occasionally.
(b) He thinks about Trina all the time and his feelings of dislike begin to grow.
(c) He thinks about Trina all the time and his feelings of love begin to grow.
(d) He hardly thinks about Trina at all.
5. After Mr. McTeague kisses Trina in Chapter 6, how does she react?
(a) Tina exclaims, "I love Marcus."
(b) Trina exclaims, "I am going home."
(c) Trina exclaims, "I do love you."
(d) Trina exclaims, "I hate you."
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Old Grannis and Miss Baker meet?
2. How does Mr. McTeague feel about the evening out with Trina and her family?
3. How often does Maria clean Mr. McTeague's flat?
4. Who does the picnic party that Trina planned run into?
5. How does Trina feel while Mr. McTeague's is working on her tooth?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Maria do after the lottery celebration?
2. In what way does Marcus suggest that Mr. McTeague take his courtship with Trina to the next level?
3. What does Trina finally agree to at the lottery party, that she has put off two times previously?
4. In what way does Mr. McTeague express his honest feelings about Trina with his friend, Marcus in chapter 4?
5. How does Trina react to Mr. McTeague upon his arrival at the station? Is this the reaction Mr. McTeague expected?
6. What changes Mr. McTeague's mood when he arrives back at Parlours after his confrontation with Marcus at the coffee shop in Chapter 8?
7. How does Mr. McTeague react upon meeting Trina?
8. How is the McTeague's first major argument resolved?
9. How does Trina react when Mr. McTeague calls on her again in Chapter 6?
10. In Chapter 3, have Trina's feelings toward McTeague changed? If so, how?
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)