|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Maria sells her wares in Chapter 3, what does she recount a story about?
(a) Her long lost beloved family pet.
(b) Gold medallions that once belonged to her family.
(c) A gold plate service that once belonged to her family.
(d) A mansion that once belonged to her family.
2. How does Mr. McTeague react around Trina at the beginning of chapter 2?
(a) He is awkwad.
(b) He is comfortable and opens up about himself.
(c) He is confident.
(d) He dislikes her immediately and has to bite his tongue.
3. Of all the things that happen at Frenna's, what is Mr. McTeague most concerned about after Marcus' outburst?
(a) That he will no longer be welcome at Frenna's.
(b) That his former friend has just tried to kill him.
(c) That Trina will no longer love him.
(d) The shattered pipe.
4. How does Mr. McTeague change, with Trina's efforts, during the beginning of their marriage?
(a) He remains unchanged in the midst of changing class convictions and views.
(b) He becomes interconnected with his wife and those around him.
(c) He becomes a part of a class with convictions and views.
(d) He becomes isolated and does not speak with others.
5. In Chapter 3, To whom and where does Maria bring the collected items to sell?
(a) To McTeague in his office.
(b) To Zerkow in McTeague's office.
(c) To Zerkow in his shop in the alley of the flat.
(d) To Zerkow in his home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Trina suggest should pay for the picnic she suggests in Chapter 11?
2. How does Trina react to Mr. McTeague's announcement about the champagne at the wedding?
3. What does Mr. McTeague do in his childhood?
4. What does Mr. McTeague conclude about his relationship with Trina in Chapter 4?
5. In Chapter 7, what reaction follows the news that Trina receives among Mr. McTeague and her family?
Short Essay Questions
1. About what subject do the McTeague's have their first major argument?
2. Is Mr. McTeague's wedding to Trina simple or luxurious? What items are served to indicate the class level and style of the event?
3. In Chapter 8, what is Mr. McTeague's new obsession?
4. How does Maria make money?
5. How is the McTeague's first major argument resolved?
6. Who accompanies Mr. McTeague and Trina on their date to the theater, and how does it turn out?
7. How does Mr. McTeague meet Trina?
8. Describe Mr. McTeague's childhood.
9. How does Trina react when Mr. McTeague calls on her again in Chapter 6?
10. What is the state of Mr. McTeague and Trina's relationship when Trina's treatments are finished?
This section contains 835 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)