|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who delivers the news to Trina about Maria and Zerkow's impending marriage?
(a) Miss Baker.
2. The picnic at Schuetzen Park results in a turning point of Mr. McTeague's relationship with whom?
(b) Mrs. Sieppe.
(c) No one.
3. What is Marcus' suggestion for Trina and Mr. McTeague after the delivery of the special news?
(a) Trina should marry him instead.
(b) Trina should use the money to get married.
(c) The couple should put the money in savings.
(d) The couple should take a boat to Europe.
4. How much money did Trina spent on the wedding?
5. What does Mr. McTeague enjoy during his Sunday ritual?
(a) A drink and the music of his concertina.
(b) A drink and the music of his Victrola.
(c) Reading and the music of his concertina.
(d) Reading and the music of his Victrola.
6. Initially, how does Mr. McTeague feel about Trina?
(a) He hardly thinks about Trina at all.
(b) He thinks about Trina occasionally.
(c) He thinks about Trina all the time and his feelings of dislike begin to grow.
(d) He thinks about Trina all the time and his feelings of love begin to grow.
7. What do the Sieppes ask Mr. McTeague and Marcus to do after the picnic at Schuetzen Park?
(a) Stay the night at the Sieppes' home.
(b) Lend the family money.
(c) Leave right after the picnic.
(d) Stay the night at a local inn.
8. What does Mr. McTeague administer to Trina during her dental procedure?
(a) An IV.
(b) A numbing shot.
(c) He calms her by telling a story.
(d) A dose of ether.
9. What news do Mr. McTeague, Trina, and their guests receive upon return from the evening out at the theater?
(a) Mr. McTeague's aunt has died and left him five thousand dollars!
(b) The train right after Trina's crashed and all perished!
(c) The Sieppe's house is on fire!
(d) Trina has won five thousand dollars!
10. What happens when Mr. McTeague walks along in the procession to the picnic at Schuetzen Park?
(a) Trina begins to dance and sing as she walks with Mr. McTeague.
(b) Trina strikes up a conversation with Mr. McTeague.
(c) Trina asks Mr. McTeague to go steady with her.
(d) Trina asks Mr. McTeague to be kind to her.
11. Where do the Sieppe family say they will all go?
(a) To the local fair.
(c) Back home.
(d) On a picnic.
12. In what way does Maria supplement her income?
(a) By collecting junk from the residents of the flats she cleans.
(b) By gambling.
(c) By growing vegetables and selling them at the local market.
(d) Maria has no means to supplement her cleaning income.
13. To whom does Maria deliver the special news about Trina in Chapter 7?
14. How does Trina respond to Mr. McTeague's actions at the end of her procedure?
(a) She starts crying.
(b) She slaps Mr. McTeague.
(c) She yells at Mr. McTeague.
(d) She recoils in fear and began to vomit.
15. What does Mr. McTeague do after the picnic at Schuetzen Park?
(a) He begins to call on Trina each Sunday and Wednesday.
(b) He looses interest in Trina and stops contacting her.
(c) He walks back to his office.
(d) He asks Marcus to go out for some dinner with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Marcus most upset about in hearing Mr. McTeague's announcement in Chapter 7?
2. Where does Marcus visit Mr. McTeague at the beginning of the novel?
3. How does Mr. McTeague feel about the "Other Dentist?"
4. After Trina's procedure, where does Mr. McTeague go for a long walk?
5. Of all the things that happen at Frenna's, what is Mr. McTeague most concerned about after Marcus' outburst?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)