|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What surprise do Marcus and Mr. McTeague run into while calling on Trina at the train station?
(a) They are surprised to run into Augustine.
(b) They run into Zerkow and Maria.
(c) They are surprised to run into Old Grannis.
(d) They run into the entire Sieppe family.
2. In Chapter 6, how does Trina react once her mother asks her if she loves Mr. McTeague?
(a) Trina screams, "no, I love Marcus."
(b) Trina screams, "yes, I do love him."
(c) Trina says she is in love with a mystery man.
(d) Trina is unable to answer.
3. In the week since Trina initial procedure, what has transpired?
(a) Mr. McTeague is now becoming obsessed with Trina.
(b) Mr. McTeague is now becoming annoyed with Trina.
(c) IMr. McTeague has become increasingly angry at Trina.
(d) Mr. McTeague has forgotten about Trina.
4. How does Mr. McTeague wish to spend Trina's windfall?
(a) Invest the money wisely.
(b) On a sign shaped like a big gold tooth.
(c) On a house for them to share.
(d) On a new office for his dental practice..
5. After Mr. McTeague's date out with Trina, why does Mr. McTeague ask the Sieppes to stay at Parlours?
(a) To keep Trina with him as long as possible.
(b) To avoid having to leave the theater early to catch the last ferry back.
(c) To avoid Mr. Sieppe's anger.
(d) To get to know the Sieppes better.
6. In Chapter 8, what do Mr. McTeague and Trina end up doing with the windfall?
(a) They buy the gold tooth sign together.
(b) They give the money away to charity.
(c) They invest the money in Trina's Uncle Oelbermann's toy business.
(d) They put the money in a mattress at the Parlours.
7. Where does Marcus visit Mr. McTeague at the beginning of the novel?
(a) The Sieppes' house.
(b) The park.
(c) Mr. McTeague's office.
(d) The bar.
8. How does Trina react to Mr. McTeague's announcement about the champagne at the wedding?
(a) Trina laughs with the crowd at McTeague's blunder.
(b) Trina ignores Mr. McTeague's blunder and makes her own toast.
(c) Trina defends her groom, saying that it was intentional.
(d) Trina agrees with him.
9. What is Mr. McTeague's occupation at the beginning of the book?
(a) A landlord
(b) A fisherman
(c) A car conductor
(d) A dentist
10. Where does Marcus suggest Mr. McTeague take Trina to make the best impression on Trina's family?
(a) To Parlours.
(b) To the coffee-joint.
(c) To the Cliff House.
(d) To the theater.
11. How does Trina feel while Mr. McTeague's is working on her tooth?
(a) She winces in pain.
(b) She feels relaxed.
(c) She feels excited.
(d) She feels fearful.
12. How does Trina respond to Mr. McTeague's actions at the end of her procedure?
(a) She starts crying.
(b) She yells at Mr. McTeague.
(c) She slaps Mr. McTeague.
(d) She recoils in fear and began to vomit.
13. What is Marcus most upset about in hearing Mr. McTeague's announcement in Chapter 7?
(a) Losing the chance at five thousand dollars.
(b) Losing his girl to his best friend.
(c) Losing his only chance at marriage.
(d) Losing his job.
14. What is the name of Mr. McTeague's office?
(b) Spanish Bay.
(c) Cliff House.
15. In Chapter 7, what does Marcus being upset over Trina's winnings reveal?
(a) Trina has been more of a possession than a person.
(b) Trina has been more of character than a real person.
(c) Trina has been less of a possession than a person.
(d) Trina has been less of a character than a real person.
Short Answer Questions
1. Trina credits herself with what part of Mr. McTeague's social change?
2. As Mr. McTeague's professional work on Trina comes to an end, how does their relationship change?
3. How does Marcus react to Mr. McTeague's comment about the champagne at the wedding?
4. While they are having a drink together in Chapter 8, what does Marcus ask Mr. McTeague for?
5. Initially, how does Trina feel about Mr. McTeague?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)