|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of all the things that happen at Frenna's, what is Mr. McTeague most concerned about after Marcus' outburst?
(a) That Trina will no longer love him.
(b) The shattered pipe.
(c) That his former friend has just tried to kill him.
(d) That he will no longer be welcome at Frenna's.
2. Upon entering Maria's apartment to talk, what gruesome discovery does Trina make?
(a) Zerkow is dead.
(b) Maria's child is dead.
(c) Maria is dead.
(d) Zerkow and Maria dead.
3. What plans does Marcus make as a followup to Trina's care with Mr. McTeague?
(a) Mr. McTeague take a look at Trina's cavity.
(b) Mr. McTeague will take a look at Trina's nose.
(c) Mr. McTeague will take a look at Trina's chin.
(d) Mr. McTeague will take a look at Trina's knocked out tooth.
4. What prompts this sudden thrust of courage from Miss Baker to offer Old Grannis tea?
(a) She hears of Mr. McTeague's actions toward his wife.
(b) She is convinced that Old Grannis has information that she needs.
(c) She is compelled by the news about Maria.
(d) She does not know.
5. What is the name of Mr. McTeague's office?
(a) Spanish Bay.
(c) Cliff House.
Short Answer Questions
1. What shift does Mr. McTeague choose in his new job?
2. Who does Mr. McTeague get angry with when he returns from an unsuccessful job hunt?
3. What do Mr. McTeague and his companions believe about their big find in the desert?
4. What does Marcus suggest that Mr. McTeague do with his courtship with Trina?
5. When and where does Mr. McTeague ask Trina to marry him for the second time in the novel?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)