|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the Sieppe family say they will all go?
(b) Back home.
(c) To the local fair.
(d) On a picnic.
2. Where does Marcus suggest Mr. McTeague take Trina to make the best impression on Trina's family?
(a) To the theater.
(b) To the Cliff House.
(c) To the coffee-joint.
(d) To Parlours.
3. What does Mr. McTeague enjoy during his Sunday ritual?
(a) Reading and the music of his Victrola.
(b) A drink and the music of his concertina.
(c) Reading and the music of his concertina.
(d) A drink and the music of his Victrola.
4. Initially, how does Mr. McTeague feel about Trina?
(a) He hardly thinks about Trina at all.
(b) He thinks about Trina occasionally.
(c) He thinks about Trina all the time and his feelings of dislike begin to grow.
(d) He thinks about Trina all the time and his feelings of love begin to grow.
5. Who delivers the news to Trina about Maria and Zerkow's impending marriage?
(a) Miss Baker.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Trina react to Mr. McTeague's second marriage proposal in the novel?
2. How much of Trina's lottery winnings is spent on solving the McTeague's housing issues?
3. How does Mr. McTeage react to Marcus' request while they are having a drink together in chapter 8?
4. The picnic at Schuetzen Park results in a turning point of Mr. McTeague's relationship with whom?
5. How long after Trina's picnic are Maria and Zerkow married?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)