|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the immediate course of action taken by the McTeagues after receipt of the second notice from City Hall?
(a) They hire someone to protect them.
(b) They move to Nevada.
(c) They move into a one-room unit in the flat.
(d) They immediately pay the taxes owed.
2. After Maria sells her wares in Chapter 3, what does she recount a story about?
(a) Gold medallions that once belonged to her family.
(b) Her long lost beloved family pet.
(c) A mansion that once belonged to her family.
(d) A gold plate service that once belonged to her family.
3. Where do the Sieppe family say they will all go?
(b) To the local fair.
(c) Back home.
(d) On a picnic.
4. How do the Sieppes react to Mr. McTeague's offer to stay in town?
(a) They are happy to stay.
(b) They are angry with Mr. McTeague.
(c) They do not agree to Mr. McTeague's offer.
(d) They are frightened to stay in the city.
5. What event immediately happens to Mr. McTeague after he and his wife move, that causes further tension in the McTeague household?
(a) He has been offered a better paying job elsewhere.
(b) He gets fired.
(c) He quits.
(d) He gets a raise.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the culprit of the crime which occurs in Maria and Zerkow's apartment?
2. What happens at Frenna's during Marcus' announcement?
3. What plan does Marcus keep from Mr. McTeague as they continue their long walk?
4. What is Zerkow's reaction to Maria's dementia?
5. How does Mr. McTeague express his feelings for Trina immediately after her dental procedure?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)