|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. McTeague enjoy during his Sunday ritual?
(a) Reading and the music of his Victrola.
(b) A drink and the music of his Victrola.
(c) Reading and the music of his concertina.
(d) A drink and the music of his concertina.
2. What is Mr. McTeague's occupation at the beginning of the book?
(a) A fisherman
(b) A landlord
(c) A car conductor
(d) A dentist
3. How has Marcus' behavior changed since Trina has become engaged to Mr. McTeague?
(a) Marcus is spiteful.
(b) Marcus is selfless.
(c) Marcus enjoys being the bigger man.
(d) Marcus is generous.
4. After Trina's procedure, where does Mr. McTeague go for a long walk?
(a) To the Cliff House.
(b) To the Presidio.
(c) To his office.
(d) To Fisherman's Warf.
5. What happens at Frenna's during Marcus' announcement?
(a) Mr. McTeague trips over a bar stool and falls, narrowly missing Marcus.
(b) Marcus accidentally shatters Mr. McTeague's pipe and throws a knife at Mr. McTeague, narrowly missing him.
(c) Marcus overturns Mr. McTeague's plate and shoots at Mr. McTeague, narrowly missing him.
(d) Marcus accidentally trips on Mr. McTeague's chair and falls, narrowly missing Mr. McTeague.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. McTeague administer to Trina during her dental procedure?
2. Upon entering Maria's apartment to talk, what gruesome discovery does Trina make?
3. What does Marcus say to Mr. McTeague, as they drink together in Chapter 8?
4. Why is Old Grannis sad about his actions in chapter 17?
5. How long after Trina's picnic are Maria and Zerkow married?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)