|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 8, what do Mr. McTeague and Trina end up doing with the windfall?
(a) They invest the money in Trina's Uncle Oelbermann's toy business.
(b) They give the money away to charity.
(c) They put the money in a mattress at the Parlours.
(d) They buy the gold tooth sign together.
2. How is the younger dentist whose practice is just down the road from Mr. McTeague's office referred to?
(a) Dr. Zerkow.
(b) As the "Other Dentist."
(c) Dr. Oelberman
3. What does Mr. McTeague do while he is in Trina's room after the picnic at Schuetzen Park?
(a) He tries not to touch anything.
(b) He surveys every inch of Trina's room.
(c) He immediately goes to sleep.
(d) He looks around for a good book to read.
4. Who is Augustine?
(a) The McTeague's French accountant.
(b) The McTeague's French maid.
(c) The McTeague's French cook.
(d) The McTeague's French secretary.
5. Who delivers the news to Trina about Maria and Zerkow's impending marriage?
(d) Miss Baker.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Mr. McTeague kisses Trina in Chapter 6, how does she react?
2. The picnic at Schuetzen Park results in a turning point of Mr. McTeague's relationship with whom?
3. While they are having a drink together in Chapter 8, what does Marcus ask Mr. McTeague for?
4. What does Zerkow reveal about himself as the novel progresses?
5. Initially, how does Trina feel about Mr. McTeague?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)