|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Mr. McTeague's office located?
(a) Pork Street.
(b) Grant Avenue.
(c) Polk Street.
(d) Grant Street.
2. What continued effect does Mr. McTeague's relationship to Trina have on Marcus?
(a) Mr. McTeague and Marcus' friendship gets stronger.
(b) Marcus becomes more loving toward Trina.
(c) Mr. McTeague and Marcus' friendship begins to crumble.
(d) Marcus becomes more jovial.
3. In Chapter 4, how does Mr. McTeague react when Marcus voices his concern over McTeague's silence during their long walk?
(a) Mr. McTeague yells, "I love Trina!" when Marcus presses him about his finances.
(b) Mr. McTeague is silent when Marcus presses him about Trina.
(c) Mr. McTeague yells, "I hate San Francisco!" when Marcus asks about his flat.
(d) Mr. McTeague speaks up when Marcus presses him about Trina.
4. Initially, how does Trina feel about Mr. McTeague?
(a) Trina is fearful.
(b) Trina is quite angry.
(c) Trina is quite content.
(d) Trina is uncomfortable.
5. What happens as Mr. McTeague and Trina begin to see more of each other in Chapter 5?
(a) He begins to take Zerkow's place.
(b) He begins to alienate her from his feelings.
(c) Trina no longer wishes to see Mr. McTeague.
(d) He begins to take Marcus's place.
Short Answer Questions
1. How has Marcus' behavior changed since Trina has become engaged to Mr. McTeague?
2. What do the Sieppes ask Mr. McTeague and Marcus to do after the picnic at Schuetzen Park?
3. Where does Marcus visit Mr. McTeague at the beginning of the novel?
4. How does Trina react to Mr. McTeague's second marriage proposal in the novel?
5. What is Marcus most upset about in hearing Mr. McTeague's announcement in Chapter 7?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)