|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Zerkow receive the special news about Trina in Chapter 7?
(a) He is annoyed.
(b) He is jealous.
(c) He is frightened.
(d) He is taken in by the story.
2. What is Mr. McTeague doing when the novel begins?
(a) He is working in a gold mine.
(b) Living with his mother.
(c) He has started a business.
(d) He is working at a dental machinery plant.
3. How does Trina respond to Mr. McTeague's actions at the end of her procedure?
(a) She slaps Mr. McTeague.
(b) She recoils in fear and began to vomit.
(c) She yells at Mr. McTeague.
(d) She starts crying.
4. In Chapter 4, how does Mr. McTeague react when Marcus voices his concern over McTeague's silence during their long walk?
(a) Mr. McTeague speaks up when Marcus presses him about Trina.
(b) Mr. McTeague yells, "I love Trina!" when Marcus presses him about his finances.
(c) Mr. McTeague yells, "I hate San Francisco!" when Marcus asks about his flat.
(d) Mr. McTeague is silent when Marcus presses him about Trina.
5. In Chapter 3, how have Trina's actions changed toward Mr. McTeague?
(a) Trina has become reserved, distant, and even cold.
(b) Trina has become worried and fearful.
(c) Trina has become excitable and even jumpy.
(d) Trina has become happier and warmer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Mr. McTeague's office?
2. The picnic at Schuetzen Park results in a turning point of Mr. McTeague's relationship with whom?
3. How does Mr. McTeague express his feelings for Trina immediately after her dental procedure?
4. After Mr. McTeague and Trina's date at the theater, who meets the Sieppes at Parlours?
5. What kind of music does Mr. McTeague enjoy and what memory does the music unearth?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)