|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 3, To whom and where does Maria bring the collected items to sell?
(a) To McTeague in his office.
(b) To Zerkow in his shop in the alley of the flat.
(c) To Zerkow in his home.
(d) To Zerkow in McTeague's office.
2. Where does Marcus visit Mr. McTeague at the beginning of the novel?
(a) Mr. McTeague's office.
(b) The Sieppes' house.
(c) The park.
(d) The bar.
3. How does Trina feel while Mr. McTeague's is working on her tooth?
(a) She winces in pain.
(b) She feels relaxed.
(c) She feels fearful.
(d) She feels excited.
4. What kind of music does Mr. McTeague enjoy and what memory does the music unearth?
(a) The Victrola music reminds Mr. McTeague of when he went to dental college.
(b) The concertina music reminds Mr. McTeague of when he went to dental college.
(c) The Victrola music reminds Mr. McTeague of when he worked at the Big Dipper Mine in Placer County.
(d) The concertina music reminds Mr. McTeague of when he worked at the Big Dipper Mine in Placer County.
5. How does Mr. McTeague feel about the evening out with Trina and her family?
(a) He wants so badly to please Mrs. Sieppe.
(b) He wants so badly to fit in with the family.
(c) He knows he fits in with the family.
(d) He dislikes her family.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 4, how does Mr. McTeague react when Marcus voices his concern over McTeague's silence during their long walk?
2. What is Marcus's final announcement and decision at Frenna's, in dealing with his feelings about Mr. McTeague's engagement to Trina?
3. How does Maria spend her money?
4. What news do Mr. McTeague, Trina, and their guests receive upon return from the evening out at the theater?
5. In Chapter 6, how does Trina react once her mother asks her if she loves Mr. McTeague?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)