|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While they are having a drink together in Chapter 8, what does Marcus ask Mr. McTeague for?
(a) Marcus asks that Mr. McTeague break off his engagement to Trina.
(b) Marcus asks for his money back.
(c) Marcus asks to be partner in Mr. McTeague's dental practice.
(d) Marcus asks for a loan.
2. What happens to Mr. McTeague's mother during his dentistry training?
(a) She dies and leaves him penniless.
(b) She is in a sanitarium.
(c) She falls ill.
(d) She dies and leaves him a good sum of money.
3. How does Trina respond to Mr. McTeague's actions at the end of her procedure?
(a) She recoils in fear and began to vomit.
(b) She yells at Mr. McTeague.
(c) She starts crying.
(d) She slaps Mr. McTeague.
4. After Mr. McTeague kisses Trina in Chapter 6, how does she react?
(a) Tina exclaims, "I love Marcus."
(b) Trina exclaims, "I am going home."
(c) Trina exclaims, "I do love you."
(d) Trina exclaims, "I hate you."
5. In Chapter 3, To whom and where does Maria bring the collected items to sell?
(a) To Zerkow in McTeague's office.
(b) To Zerkow in his shop in the alley of the flat.
(c) To McTeague in his office.
(d) To Zerkow in his home.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many follow-up visits does Mr. McTeague say Trina's procedure will require?
2. What happens as Mr. McTeague and Trina begin to see more of each other in Chapter 5?
3. At the beginning of the novel, what does Marcus tell Mr. McTeague about his cousin, Trina?
4. How does Mr. McTeague's and Trina's evening with the Sieppes at the theater progress?
5. What plan does Marcus keep from Mr. McTeague as they continue their long walk?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)