|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Trina respond to Mr. McTeague's actions at the end of her procedure?
(a) She starts crying.
(b) She yells at Mr. McTeague.
(c) She recoils in fear and began to vomit.
(d) She slaps Mr. McTeague.
2. What news do Mr. McTeague, Trina, and their guests receive upon return from the evening out at the theater?
(a) Trina has won five thousand dollars!
(b) The train right after Trina's crashed and all perished!
(c) Mr. McTeague's aunt has died and left him five thousand dollars!
(d) The Sieppe's house is on fire!
3. What phrase best describes Maria's personality?
(a) Preoccupied with appearances.
(b) Preoccupied with gambling.
4. In Chapter 3, how have Trina's actions changed toward Mr. McTeague?
(a) Trina has become worried and fearful.
(b) Trina has become reserved, distant, and even cold.
(c) Trina has become excitable and even jumpy.
(d) Trina has become happier and warmer.
5. How does Mr. McTeague feel about the "Other Dentist?"
(a) He decides to partner with the "Other Dentist."
(b) He challenges the "Other Dentist."
(c) He befriends the "Other Dentist."
(d) He envies the "Other Dentist."
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Zerkow receive the special news about Trina in Chapter 7?
2. The picnic at Schuetzen Park results in a turning point of Mr. McTeague's relationship with whom?
3. How is the younger dentist whose practice is just down the road from Mr. McTeague's office referred to?
4. What happens to Mr. McTeague's mother during his dentistry training?
5. What does Marcus think is behind Mr. McTeague's silence during their long walk?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)