|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 3, how have Trina's actions changed toward Mr. McTeague?
(a) Trina has become worried and fearful.
(b) Trina has become happier and warmer.
(c) Trina has become excitable and even jumpy.
(d) Trina has become reserved, distant, and even cold.
2. What kind of music does Mr. McTeague enjoy and what memory does the music unearth?
(a) The Victrola music reminds Mr. McTeague of when he worked at the Big Dipper Mine in Placer County.
(b) The concertina music reminds Mr. McTeague of when he worked at the Big Dipper Mine in Placer County.
(c) The Victrola music reminds Mr. McTeague of when he went to dental college.
(d) The concertina music reminds Mr. McTeague of when he went to dental college.
3. What does Mr. McTeague administer to Trina during her dental procedure?
(a) He calms her by telling a story.
(b) A dose of ether.
(c) An IV.
(d) A numbing shot.
4. In the first half of the story, what does Mr. McTeague believe Trina deserves?
(a) Someone wealthier.
(b) Someone smarter.
(c) Someone more refined.
(d) Someone physically stronger.
5. What does Mr. McTeague do in his childhood?
(a) He goes away with a traveling salesman to learn the trade.
(b) He leaves home to join the circus.
(c) He goes away with a travelling dentist to learn the trade.
(d) He plays sports.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. McTeague enjoy during his Sunday ritual?
2. After Maria sells her wares in Chapter 3, what does she recount a story about?
3. After Mr. McTeague's date out with Trina, why does Mr. McTeague ask the Sieppes to stay at Parlours?
4. How does Trina respond to Mr. McTeague's actions at the end of her procedure?
5. Where does Marcus visit Mr. McTeague at the beginning of the novel?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)