|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of the novel, what does Marcus tell Mr. McTeague about his cousin, Trina?
(a) Trina has a cavity.
(b) Trina has broken her nose.
(c) Trina has had a tooth knocked out.
(d) Trina has broken her chin.
2. In Chapter 3, how have Trina's actions changed toward Mr. McTeague?
(a) Trina has become worried and fearful.
(b) Trina has become excitable and even jumpy.
(c) Trina has become reserved, distant, and even cold.
(d) Trina has become happier and warmer.
3. In Chapter 4, what other side of Marcus's personality is revealed?
(a) Marcus's dark side is revealed because he plots to kill Mr. McTeague.
(b) Marcus's dark side is revealed because he cannot stand the thought of being lesser than anyone else.
(c) Marcus's soft side is revealed when he is lovesick over Trina.
(d) Marcus's soft side is revealed when he supports his friend in pursuing Trina.
4. As Mr. McTeague's professional work on Trina comes to an end, how does their relationship change?
(a) Mr. McTeague and Trina go their separate ways.
(b) Mr. McTeague and Trina begin to make amends.
(c) Trina chooses Marcus over Mr. McTeague.
(d) Trina opens up to Mr. McTeague and shares her feelings.
5. In the first half of the story, what does Mr. McTeague believe Trina deserves?
(a) Someone wealthier.
(b) Someone physically stronger.
(c) Someone more refined.
(d) Someone smarter.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2, what does Marcus do while he and Trina wait for her appointment with Mr. McTeague?
2. What is Mr. McTeague's occupation at the beginning of the book?
3. Why is Mr. McTeague so upset with "Other Dentist" in Chapter 4?
4. After Maria sells her wares in Chapter 3, what does she recount a story about?
5. What happens to Mr. McTeague's mother during his dentistry training?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)