|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Mr. McTeague's professional work on Trina comes to an end, how does their relationship change?
(a) Mr. McTeague and Trina begin to make amends.
(b) Trina opens up to Mr. McTeague and shares her feelings.
(c) Trina chooses Marcus over Mr. McTeague.
(d) Mr. McTeague and Trina go their separate ways.
2. What does Mr. McTeague conclude about his relationship with Trina in Chapter 4?
(a) He begins to realize that he is not good enough for Trina.
(b) He resolves to marry Trina.
(c) He wants to "give" Trina back to Marcus.
(d) He begins to see Trina's shortcomings.
3. What is the name of Mr. McTeague's office?
(c) Spanish Bay.
(d) Cliff House.
4. In Chapter 3, To whom and where does Maria bring the collected items to sell?
(a) To McTeague in his office.
(b) To Zerkow in his shop in the alley of the flat.
(c) To Zerkow in his home.
(d) To Zerkow in McTeague's office.
5. What does Mr. McTeague administer to Trina during her dental procedure?
(a) A numbing shot.
(b) He calms her by telling a story.
(c) An IV.
(d) A dose of ether.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Marcus visit Mr. McTeague at the beginning of the novel?
2. How is the younger dentist whose practice is just down the road from Mr. McTeague's office referred to?
3. In Chapter 4, how does Mr. McTeague react when Marcus voices his concern over McTeague's silence during their long walk?
4. How does Mr. McTeague express his feelings for Trina immediately after her dental procedure?
5. What happens to Mr. McTeague's mother during his dentistry training?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)