|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mr. McTeague react to Trina's greeting as they walk to Schuetzen Park?
(a) He is not surprised by Trina's delight in seeing him.
(b) He is fearful of Trina's apparent delight in seeing him.
(c) He is saddened Trina's apparent annoyance in seeing him.
(d) He is taken aback by Trina's apparent delight in seeing him.
2. After Trina's procedure, where does Mr. McTeague go for a long walk?
(a) To his office.
(b) To Fisherman's Warf.
(c) To the Presidio.
(d) To the Cliff House.
3. Who is Augustine?
(a) The McTeague's French maid.
(b) The McTeague's French secretary.
(c) The McTeague's French cook.
(d) The McTeague's French accountant.
4. In Chapter 2, what does Marcus do while he and Trina wait for her appointment with Mr. McTeague?
(a) He yells at Maria.
(b) He teases Maria.
(c) He asks Maria a question.
(d) He flirts with Maria.
5. How does Mr. McTeague feel about Trina after he expresses his feelings about their money?
(a) He now loves Trina, more than ever.
(b) He now loathes Trina.
(c) He now loves in another woman instead of Trina.
(d) He now ignores Trina.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Zerkow receive the special news about Trina in Chapter 7?
2. Upon entering Maria's apartment to talk, what gruesome discovery does Trina make?
3. What is Marcus' suggestion for Trina and Mr. McTeague after the delivery of the special news?
4. After the sale of the McTeague's items, what is the only thing that remains in their old flat?
5. What is Marcus most upset about in hearing Mr. McTeague's announcement in Chapter 7?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)