|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Mr. McTeague walks along in the procession to the picnic at Schuetzen Park?
(a) Trina asks Mr. McTeague to go steady with her.
(b) Trina strikes up a conversation with Mr. McTeague.
(c) Trina asks Mr. McTeague to be kind to her.
(d) Trina begins to dance and sing as she walks with Mr. McTeague.
2. In what way does Maria supplement her income?
(a) Maria has no means to supplement her cleaning income.
(b) By collecting junk from the residents of the flats she cleans.
(c) By gambling.
(d) By growing vegetables and selling them at the local market.
3. How does Mr. McTeague's feel about working on Trina's teeth?
(a) He is angered by working on Trina's teeth.
(b) He dreads working on Trina's teeth.
(c) He can talk to Trina and work on her teeth at the same time.
(d) He is able talk to Trina about his feelings.
4. Upon entering Maria's apartment to talk, what gruesome discovery does Trina make?
(a) Zerkow and Maria dead.
(b) Zerkow is dead.
(c) Maria is dead.
(d) Maria's child is dead.
5. How does Mr. McTeague change, with Trina's efforts, during the beginning of their marriage?
(a) He remains unchanged in the midst of changing class convictions and views.
(b) He becomes a part of a class with convictions and views.
(c) He becomes interconnected with his wife and those around him.
(d) He becomes isolated and does not speak with others.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mr. McTeague wish to spend Trina's windfall?
2. How does Trina want to change her husband during the beginning of their marriage?
3. Why is Mr. McTeague so upset with "Other Dentist" in Chapter 4?
4. How does Trina respond to Mr. McTeague's actions at the end of her procedure?
5. How does Mr. McTeague's relationship with his wife change in chapter 16 after he expresses his feelings about their money?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)