|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Upon the second notice from City Hall, what does Trina suggest that Mr. McTeague do rather than dip into her lottery winnings?
(a) Become a plumber.
(b) Continue to work as a dentist.
(c) Find something else to do.
(d) Leave town immediately.
2. To whom does Maria deliver the special news about Trina in Chapter 7?
3. Who takes care of Mr. McTeague's and Trina's wedding festivities?
(b) Mr. McTeague.
(c) Uncle Oelbermann.
4. In Chapter 2, what does Marcus do while he and Trina wait for her appointment with Mr. McTeague?
(a) He asks Maria a question.
(b) He flirts with Maria.
(c) He yells at Maria.
(d) He teases Maria.
5. How does Mr. McTeague change, with Trina's efforts, during the beginning of their marriage?
(a) He becomes isolated and does not speak with others.
(b) He becomes a part of a class with convictions and views.
(c) He becomes interconnected with his wife and those around him.
(d) He remains unchanged in the midst of changing class convictions and views.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Marcus handle Mr. McTeague's news as they walk in Chapter 4?
2. As Mr. McTeague returns home after Frenna's , what does he find in the parcel outside his door?
3. What does Zerkow reveal about himself as the novel progresses?
4. Who delivers the news to Trina about Maria and Zerkow's impending marriage?
5. What is Marcus most upset about in hearing Mr. McTeague's announcement in Chapter 7?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)