|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 4, how does Mr. McTeague react when Marcus voices his concern over McTeague's silence during their long walk?
(a) Mr. McTeague speaks up when Marcus presses him about Trina.
(b) Mr. McTeague yells, "I love Trina!" when Marcus presses him about his finances.
(c) Mr. McTeague is silent when Marcus presses him about Trina.
(d) Mr. McTeague yells, "I hate San Francisco!" when Marcus asks about his flat.
2. In Chapter 3, To whom and where does Maria bring the collected items to sell?
(a) To Zerkow in his home.
(b) To McTeague in his office.
(c) To Zerkow in McTeague's office.
(d) To Zerkow in his shop in the alley of the flat.
3. How does Mr. McTeague react to Trina's greeting as they walk to Schuetzen Park?
(a) He is fearful of Trina's apparent delight in seeing him.
(b) He is taken aback by Trina's apparent delight in seeing him.
(c) He is not surprised by Trina's delight in seeing him.
(d) He is saddened Trina's apparent annoyance in seeing him.
4. How do Old Grannis and Miss Baker meet?
(a) They meet through Trina.
(b) They both are patients of Mr. McTeague.
(c) They are introduced by Mr. McTeague.
(d) They are forced to speak to each other.
5. In the week since Trina initial procedure, what has transpired?
(a) Mr. McTeague is now becoming obsessed with Trina.
(b) Mr. McTeague is now becoming annoyed with Trina.
(c) Mr. McTeague has forgotten about Trina.
(d) IMr. McTeague has become increasingly angry at Trina.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. McTeague do after the picnic at Schuetzen Park?
2. What does Zerkow reveal about himself as the novel progresses?
3. Initially, how does Mr. McTeague feel about Trina?
4. How does Trina respond to Mr. McTeague's actions at the end of her procedure?
5. How many follow-up visits does Mr. McTeague say Trina's procedure will require?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)