|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Marcus most upset about in hearing Mr. McTeague's announcement in Chapter 7?
(a) Losing his girl to his best friend.
(b) Losing the chance at five thousand dollars.
(c) Losing his job.
(d) Losing his only chance at marriage.
2. How does Maria spend her money?
(a) On seeds for her vegetable garden.
(b) On fancy clothes.
(c) On cleaning supplies.
(d) On her gambling debts.
3. Why is Mr. McTeague so upset with "Other Dentist" in Chapter 4?
(a) He is afriad Trina could be attracted to someone like the "Other Dentist."
(b) The "Other Dentist" is stealing money from Mr. McTeague.
(c) The "Other Dentist" has stolen money from Mr. McTeague.
(d) Marcus has become friends with the "Other Dentist" and Mr. McTeague is jealous.
4. In Chapter 4, how does Mr. McTeague react when Marcus voices his concern over McTeague's silence during their long walk?
(a) Mr. McTeague yells, "I hate San Francisco!" when Marcus asks about his flat.
(b) Mr. McTeague is silent when Marcus presses him about Trina.
(c) Mr. McTeague speaks up when Marcus presses him about Trina.
(d) Mr. McTeague yells, "I love Trina!" when Marcus presses him about his finances.
5. How has Marcus' behavior changed since Trina has become engaged to Mr. McTeague?
(a) Marcus is generous.
(b) Marcus is selfless.
(c) Marcus is spiteful.
(d) Marcus enjoys being the bigger man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What surprise do Marcus and Mr. McTeague run into while calling on Trina at the train station?
2. What announcement does Mr. McTeague make after Trina receiving her special news?
3. In the week since Trina initial procedure, what has transpired?
4. How does Mr. McTeague react around Trina at the beginning of chapter 2?
5. When and where does Mr. McTeague ask Trina to marry him for the second time in the novel?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)