|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Zerkow's insatiable hunger for stories about wealth is a symbol of what?
(a) His warm and loving nature.
(b) His fear of death.
(c) His need to possess as much wealth as possible.
(d) His honesty and forthrightness.
2. Initially, how does Trina feel about Mr. McTeague?
(a) Trina is uncomfortable.
(b) Trina is quite angry.
(c) Trina is fearful.
(d) Trina is quite content.
3. What is Marcus most upset about in hearing Mr. McTeague's announcement in Chapter 7?
(a) Losing the chance at five thousand dollars.
(b) Losing his job.
(c) Losing his girl to his best friend.
(d) Losing his only chance at marriage.
4. How is the younger dentist whose practice is just down the road from Mr. McTeague's office referred to?
(b) As the "Other Dentist."
(c) Dr. Oelberman
(d) Dr. Zerkow.
5. In Chapter 7, what does Marcus being upset over Trina's winnings reveal?
(a) Trina has been less of a possession than a person.
(b) Trina has been less of a character than a real person.
(c) Trina has been more of a possession than a person.
(d) Trina has been more of character than a real person.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. McTeague do after the picnic at Schuetzen Park?
2. To whom does Maria deliver the special news about Trina in Chapter 7?
3. What stories does Maria tell to feed Zerkow's greed in the novel?
4. How many follow-up visits does Mr. McTeague say Trina's procedure will require?
5. How do Old Grannis and Miss Baker meet?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)