|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 3, how have Trina's actions changed toward Mr. McTeague?
(a) Trina has become worried and fearful.
(b) Trina has become reserved, distant, and even cold.
(c) Trina has become happier and warmer.
(d) Trina has become excitable and even jumpy.
2. How does Maria spend her money?
(a) On cleaning supplies.
(b) On fancy clothes.
(c) On seeds for her vegetable garden.
(d) On her gambling debts.
3. What is Marcus's final announcement and decision at Frenna's, in dealing with his feelings about Mr. McTeague's engagement to Trina?
(a) That he is moving away.
(b) That he no longer wants anything to do with Mr. McTeague.
(c) That he is starting his own dental practice at Parlours.
(d) That he wants to marry Trina.
4. What happens at Frenna's during Marcus' announcement?
(a) Marcus overturns Mr. McTeague's plate and shoots at Mr. McTeague, narrowly missing him.
(b) Marcus accidentally trips on Mr. McTeague's chair and falls, narrowly missing Mr. McTeague.
(c) Marcus accidentally shatters Mr. McTeague's pipe and throws a knife at Mr. McTeague, narrowly missing him.
(d) Mr. McTeague trips over a bar stool and falls, narrowly missing Marcus.
5. Who does Mrs. McTeague suspect is behind the notice from City Hall?
(d) The "Other Dentist."
Short Answer Questions
1. When Mr. McTeague first receives a notice from City Hall what does it say?
2. What does Mr. McTeague do after the picnic at Schuetzen Park?
3. Of all the things that happen at Frenna's, what is Mr. McTeague most concerned about after Marcus' outburst?
4. What happens when Mr. McTeague walks along in the procession to the picnic at Schuetzen Park?
5. What continued effect does Mr. McTeague's relationship to Trina have on Marcus?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)