|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Sieppes ask Mr. McTeague and Marcus to do after the picnic at Schuetzen Park?
(a) Leave right after the picnic.
(b) Stay the night at a local inn.
(c) Lend the family money.
(d) Stay the night at the Sieppes' home.
2. Who does Mrs. McTeague suspect is behind the notice from City Hall?
(a) The "Other Dentist."
3. What reason does Mr. McTeague's notice from City Hall give for it's message?
(a) Trina forgot to pay the taxes on the lottery winnings.
(b) Mr. McTeague is no longer allowed to practice because he lacks a formal education.
(c) Mr. McTeague's business has been targeted by the authorities because he works and lives in the same building.
(d) Trina submitted an application for her husband to receive an ethical business award.
4. How does Mr. McTeague change, with Trina's efforts, during the beginning of their marriage?
(a) He becomes isolated and does not speak with others.
(b) He becomes interconnected with his wife and those around him.
(c) He becomes a part of a class with convictions and views.
(d) He remains unchanged in the midst of changing class convictions and views.
5. How does Trina want to change her husband during the beginning of their marriage?
(a) To refine his taste in music.
(b) To get him to go to the theater more often.
(c) To introduce him to more gentlemanly behaviors.
(d) To let him figure things out on his own.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Trina react to Mr. McTeague's second marriage proposal in the novel?
2. What does Trina do for extra work, even though she has more than enough money?
3. In Chapter 3, To whom and where does Maria bring the collected items to sell?
4. When Mr. McTeague first receives a notice from City Hall what does it say?
5. How often does Maria clean Mr. McTeague's flat?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)