|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 6, how does Trina react once her mother asks her if she loves Mr. McTeague?
(a) Trina is unable to answer.
(b) Trina screams, "no, I love Marcus."
(c) Trina says she is in love with a mystery man.
(d) Trina screams, "yes, I do love him."
2. Where do Marcus and Mr. McTeague stay while the Sieppes are in town?
(a) At Parlours.
(b) In the dog hospital.
(c) At a local inn.
(d) At the Presidio.
3. After Mr. McTeague and Trina's date at the theater, who meets the Sieppes at Parlours?
(a) Zerkow and Frenna.
(b) Maria, Old Grannis, Marcus, and Miss Baker.
(c) Zerkow, the "Other Dentist," and Augustine.
(d) Frenna, the "Other Dentist," and Augustine.
4. Why is Old Grannis sad about his actions in chapter 17?
(a) He regrets his decision to move.
(b) He regrets never being able to listen to his phonograph.
(c) He will never being able to talk with Miss Baker again.
(d) He put a price on something he loves.
5. What happens during the picnic as Mr. McTeague makes a show of his physical strength?
(a) He ends up breaking his own arm.
(b) He ends up breaking Marcus's leg.
(c) He ends up breaking Marcus's arm.
(d) He ends up breaking his own leg.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the Sieppes react to Mr. McTeague's offer to stay in town?
2. How does Mr. McTeague's and Trina's evening with the Sieppes at the theater progress?
3. Who does the picnic party that Trina planned run into?
4. Where does Marcus suggest Mr. McTeague take Trina to make the best impression on Trina's family?
5. How does Trina intend to handle her feelings toward Mr. McTeague, after his second marriage proposal?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)