* Mr. McTeague is a bachelor and lives and works in the space, "Parlours," where he has started a dental business.
* He has a usual Sunday custom of dinner at 2 p.m. in the coffee-joint frequented by the car conductors.
* Afterwards, he takes a pitcher of beer back to Parlours and enjoys the music of his concertina.
* As a child, Mr. McTeague goes away with a traveling dentist to learn the trade and start his career, a career in which he is still engaged.
* While he undertakes his training, however, his mother dies and leaves him a good sum of money.
* With the money, he starts his own dental business on Polk Street at Parlours.
* Marcus, Mr. McTeague's best friend, stops by the office and tells him that his cousin, Trina, has had a tooth knocked out and he will bring her around the following day.
This section contains 3,097 words
(approx. 11 pages at 300 words per page)