|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the theme park McDonald's considers developing?
2. What did Kroc want to buy in Chapter 8?
3. What happened that tainted McDonald's image of being a safe place?
4. What is the potato manufacturer called?
5. When did McDonald's serve its 50 billionth hamburger?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened after the fall of communism in relationship to McDonald's?
2. Why did Kroc move to California in the early 1960s?
3. What is the McDonald's Operators Association?
4. In the 1960s where did McDonald's need to build strength and how did they do it?
5. What did Kroc support that gave McDonald's some trouble?
6. What was the original face or mascot of McDonald's and what is its mascot today?
7. When and how did McDonald's international began to diversify?
8. Describe where McDonald's directed the media when it focused on Kroc's personal life.
9. Describe Fred Turner's contributions to McDonald's.
10. What was difficult for McDonald's initial overseas, international expansion?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze and discuss the team Kroc assembled to be the manager's of McDonald's. How was Kroc's idea and desire somewhat revolutionary for its time?
Essay Topic 2
Explain and describe Sonneborn's real estate investment strategy he created to help McDonald's cash flow.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the conditions of the McDonald's industry when Fred Turner began to take control of the company. What propelled Kroc towards his decision to relinquish control of his manifested dream?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)