|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. As a result of franchisee-franchiser relations, what brought complications for McDonald's?
2. In 1961 how many states had McDonald's restaurants?
3. When was the fish sandwich developed at McDonald's?
4. Where did McDonald's need to improve, according to Chapter 9?
5. How much did the McDonald brothers ask for their name?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Kroc attempt to make money when McDonald's had problems despite its operating system?
2. What else did McDonald's do to redefine the food service industry?
3. What happened to make McDonald's appear to be an unsafe fast food chain?
4. What happened after the fall of communism in relationship to McDonald's?
5. After Kroc owned McDonald's incorporated, what did do with its image?
6. Describe the sandwich strategy.
7. Describe how Kroc obtained the name from the McDonald brothers.
8. Why did Kroc move to California in the early 1960s?
9. Describe Fred Turner's contributions to McDonald's.
10. What was the result of Sonneborn's and Kroc's separate visions?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss How Kroc went obtained the McDonald's name. Discuss what happened as a result of the negotiations Kroc made to own the name.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss and explain what happened in Kroc's personal life that enabled him to expand McDonald's in the West.
Essay Topic 3
Explain what Kroc avoided within his franchise developments and relationships and why. Discuss what Kroc learned in this time of franchise development.
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)