|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What US city was the hurtful rumor about McDonald's generally confined to?
2. How much did the McDonald brothers ask for their name?
3. What was the remaining difficulty between Kroc and the McDonald brothers after their trial?
4. What main person was responsible for handling a major cash crunch for McDonald's?
5. What did Kroc's behind the scene predecessor bring to the company?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the result of Sonneborn's and Kroc's separate visions?
2. Why did Kroc move to California in the early 1960s?
3. What was difficult for McDonald's initial overseas, international expansion?
4. Describe the rumor of the mid 1970s and its effect on McDonald's image.
5. In the 1960s where did McDonald's need to build strength and how did they do it?
6. How did Kroc attempt to make money when McDonald's had problems despite its operating system?
7. Describe the sandwich strategy.
8. Who began to take over McDonald's as Kroc's personal life became a problem?
9. After Kroc owned McDonald's incorporated, what did do with its image?
10. What is the McDonald's Operators Association?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss and explain how Kroc's management and delegation of authority allowed his employees to keep their freedom while performing their jobs.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the current CEO of McDonald's, Mike Quinlan, and his contributions to the industry. Explain how he feels about the future of McDonald's.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze and explain how Kroc's and Sonneborn's different vision of the future of McDonald's lead to Sonneborn's resignation, as well as the termination to their work relationship.
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)