|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did NOT get rich as a result of McDonald's appraisal worth?
2. What did Kroc decide to take over, after his broken engagement?
3. What moved Kroc to California in the early 1960s?
4. What did the International branch of McDonald's ultimately realize to help them become successful?
5. What did Sonneborn's idea involve?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the sandwich strategy.
2. What did Kroc decide to focus on after his broken engagement?
3. What was difficult for McDonald's initial overseas, international expansion?
4. What type of strategy did McDonald's create to secure mortgage loans?
5. Why did Kroc move to California in the early 1960s?
6. Why did Kroc want and even need to buy out the McDonald brothers?
7. What else did McDonald's do to redefine the food service industry?
8. What is the McDonald's Operators Association?
9. Discuss the state of McDonald's in 1961 as described at the end of Chapter 8, The Buyout.
10. After Kroc owned McDonald's incorporated, what did do with its image?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe how uniformity evolved within the franchise of McDonald's. Discuss why it was difficult to create and maintain uniformity within a franchise.
Essay Topic 2
Explain what Kroc avoided within his franchise developments and relationships and why. Discuss what Kroc learned in this time of franchise development.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze and discuss the advertising effectiveness McDonald's in targeting a specific audience. How did this help to develop McDonald's place in society?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)