|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Kroc start a new life with, after he gave away more of his control of McDonald's?
2. What type of strategy is formed when the land owner subleases to the franchises?
3. What US city was the hurtful rumor about McDonald's generally confined to?
4. What was the 1970s defamation of McDonald's reputation an example of?
5. How did McDonald's find a way to make money?
Short Essay Questions
1. What nearly happened to McDonald's as Kroc and Sonneborn's conflict grew?
2. What was difficult for McDonald's initial overseas, international expansion?
3. In the 1960s where did McDonald's need to build strength and how did they do it?
4. What is the McDonald's Operators Association?
5. Describe how Kroc obtained the name from the McDonald brothers.
6. Describe the sandwich strategy.
7. What type of strategy did McDonald's create to secure mortgage loans?
8. In regards to real estate today, what is McDonald's considered?
9. Discuss the introduction and result of Chicken McNuggets on the McDonald's menu.
10. Describe Fred Turner's contributions to McDonald's.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the current CEO of McDonald's, Mike Quinlan, and his contributions to the industry. Explain how he feels about the future of McDonald's.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the conditions of the McDonald's industry when Fred Turner began to take control of the company. What propelled Kroc towards his decision to relinquish control of his manifested dream?
Essay Topic 3
Explain and describe Sonneborn's real estate investment strategy he created to help McDonald's cash flow.
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)