|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of strategy is formed when the land owner subleases to the franchises?
2. When was the Operators National Advertising Cooperative formed?
3. Which of the following were NOT introduced as new products simultaneously at McDonald's?
4. What percent of McDonald's did Sonneborn?
5. What was the name of the theme park McDonald's considers developing?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Kroc want and even need to buy out the McDonald brothers?
2. What nearly happened to McDonald's as Kroc and Sonneborn's conflict grew?
3. What was difficult for McDonald's initial overseas, international expansion?
4. What did Kroc support that gave McDonald's some trouble?
5. Why did Kroc move to California in the early 1960s?
6. Describe the sandwich strategy.
7. What type of strategy did McDonald's create to secure mortgage loans?
8. In the 1960s where did McDonald's need to build strength and how did they do it?
9. What was the original face or mascot of McDonald's and what is its mascot today?
10. After Kroc owned McDonald's incorporated, what did do with its image?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain and describe Sonneborn's real estate investment strategy he created to help McDonald's cash flow.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze and discuss how McDonald's international began and its current state in the world. How has McDonald's international made McDonald's the second most globally recognized company?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how McDonald's first plunged into the advertisement world. Explain what happened as a result of the initial advertisements McDonald's submitted to newspapers and television.
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)