|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Ronald McDonald birthed as the face of McDonald's?
2. What food market was at one time fraught with difficulty at McDonald's?
3. What did McDonald's charge that enabled them to afford the land they planned to build on?
4. What moved Kroc to California in the early 1960s?
5. What was the entry of McDonald's into Russia a sign and reflection of?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe McDonald's new introductions to its menu and simultaneous hiring of women employees.
2. What nearly happened to McDonald's as Kroc and Sonneborn's conflict grew?
3. What association with today's McDonald's took time to develop?
4. In regards to real estate today, what is McDonald's considered?
5. In the 1960s where did McDonald's need to build strength and how did they do it?
6. What else did McDonald's do to redefine the food service industry?
7. What was the result of Sonneborn's and Kroc's separate visions?
8. After Kroc owned McDonald's incorporated, what did do with its image?
9. Describe where McDonald's directed the media when it focused on Kroc's personal life.
10. What was the original face or mascot of McDonald's and what is its mascot today?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss and explain how Kroc's management and delegation of authority allowed his employees to keep their freedom while performing their jobs.
Essay Topic 2
Describe how uniformity evolved within the franchise of McDonald's. Discuss why it was difficult to create and maintain uniformity within a franchise.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss and explain what happened in Kroc's personal life that enabled him to expand McDonald's in the West.
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)