|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Turner rely on during financial pressures?
2. Who was responsible for doubling McDonald's real estate holdings?
3. What US city was the hurtful rumor about McDonald's generally confined to?
(a) New York.
(b) Washington, D.C.
(c) Las Angeles.
4. Who did Kroc and Sonneborn use as a buffer for communication?
(c) Their secretaries.
(d) No one.
5. What did Harry Sonneborn create for McDonald's?
(a) A recipe.
(b) A new logo.
(c) A new restaurant design.
(d) A real estate investment strategy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Kroc decide to take over, after his broken engagement?
2. What is the potato manufacturer called?
3. What type of clothing was particularly effective with the children when McDonald's was developing its first mascot or icon?
4. What was the entry of McDonald's into Russia a sign and reflection of?
5. What does McDonald's offer to everyone from its franchises?
Short Essay Questions
1. What nearly happened to McDonald's as Kroc and Sonneborn's conflict grew?
2. What type of strategy did McDonald's create to secure mortgage loans?
3. Describe how Kroc obtained the name from the McDonald brothers.
4. After Kroc owned McDonald's incorporated, what did do with its image?
5. What happened after the fall of communism in relationship to McDonald's?
6. Why did Kroc want and even need to buy out the McDonald brothers?
7. What did Kroc decide to focus on after his broken engagement?
8. In the 1960s where did McDonald's need to build strength and how did they do it?
9. What was difficult for McDonald's initial overseas, international expansion?
10. Who began to take over McDonald's as Kroc's personal life became a problem?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)