|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Kroc's behind the scene predecessor bring to the company?
(a) A balance of control.
2. Who did Kroc start a new life with, after he gave away more of his control of McDonald's?
3. Where did the original McDonald's character's develop from?
(a) Kids toys.
(b) Crude original models.
(c) Farm animals.
(d) Cheap cartooons.
4. What was McDonald's nearly split into as a result of Kroc and Sonneborn's animosity?
(a) An East and West.
(b) Curb side and drive up.
(c) Fast food and sit down.
(d) A North and South.
5. What does McDonald's offer to everyone from its franchises?
(a) Tax exemption.
(b) Stock options.
(c) Dental insurance.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many McDonald's did Turner open a year as a result of the successful real estate holdings?
2. Who did Kroc have business tension with?
3. What began to diversify in the late 1960s early 1970s for McDonald's?
4. In 1961 how many states had McDonald's restaurants?
5. What did Kroc decide to take over, after his broken engagement?
Short Essay Questions
1. What else did McDonald's do to redefine the food service industry?
2. In the 1960s where did McDonald's need to build strength and how did they do it?
3. Describe Fred Turner's contributions to McDonald's.
4. How did Kroc attempt to make money when McDonald's had problems despite its operating system?
5. What did Kroc decide to focus on after his broken engagement?
6. Describe the sandwich strategy.
7. What happened to make McDonald's appear to be an unsafe fast food chain?
8. When and how did McDonald's international began to diversify?
9. Describe how Kroc obtained the name from the McDonald brothers.
10. Discuss the state of McDonald's in 1961 as described at the end of Chapter 8, The Buyout.
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)