|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the financial state of the McDonald brothers in the 1930s?
(b) Moderately rich.
2. What did Kroc want to improve as he focused on building the operating system?
(a) The design.
(b) The advertisements.
(c) The product.
(d) The marketing.
3. What did Kroc mandate in his restaurants?
(a) Health care.
(c) The best quality of everything.
(d) Cleanliness and fastidiousness.
4. Where is McDonald's Plaza?
(a) Atlanta, GA.
(b) Topeka, KS.
(c) Oak Brook, IL.
(d) Chicago, IL.
5. What originally did not exist in McDonald's but was eventually developed to make their hamburger?
(a) A formula.
(b) The assembly line.
(c) Quality beef.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the legendary founder of McDonald's?
2. What did the press focus on in regards to McDonald's?
3. According to McDonald's: Behind the Arches, how did Kroc act towards the big government?
4. What did Kroc resist profiting from?
5. Who was Kroc's personality opposite?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Kroc try to improve his product in other ways aside from ingredients?
2. Describe the franchise ownership of McDonald's.
3. What helped end Kroc's difficulty in obtaining success in the West?
4. What did Kroc avoid within his franchise business?
5. How did Kroc redefine customer-supplier relationships?
6. What happened in the 1950s in the restaurant food chain business.
7. What was the difference between the McDonald brothers vision for McDonald's and Kroc's vision for it?
8. Describe what Kroc mandated in his restaurants.
9. What does the foreword of McDonald's: Behind the Arches explain about the public's understanding of McDonald's?
10. How did McDonald's react to change, according to the author Love?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)