|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Kroc see fighting with maverick franchises would result in?
(b) A good partnership.
(c) A bad relationship.
(d) Fighting about everything.
2. When did franchising begin in America?
(a) After the Vietnam War.
(b) After WWII.
(c) After the Revolutionary War.
(d) After the Civil War.
3. What did Kroc limit in his business at McDonald's?
(b) Loss of control.
(c) Members of his board.
(d) Franchise ownership.
4. According to Chapter 6, who were committed to making the best hamburger in the world?
(b) Richard and Maurice.
(d) McDonald's managers.
5. What business did Kroc first get into?
(a) The real estate market.
(b) The milkshake mixer business.
(c) Farm development.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the author, what was Kroc considered to be above anything else?
2. How old was Kroc when McDonald's was incorporated?
3. What item did Kroc have success with after the market changed?
4. Who does the author compare Kroc to in the entrepreneur world?
5. According to the author, what determines how managers in the restaurant business react to change?
Short Essay Questions
1. Detail a few of the statistics given in the foreword about the US consumption of McDonald's products.
2. What does the foreword of McDonald's: Behind the Arches explain about the public's understanding of McDonald's?
3. What are McDonald's managers committed to building?
4. Describe when franchising began.
5. What was Kroc's physical state when McDonald's becomes incorporated?
6. What did June Martino suggest that proved to be very worthwhile to the McDonald's industry?
7. Describe the franchise ownership of McDonald's.
8. Describe what Kroc mandated in his restaurants.
9. How did Kroc try to improve his product in other ways aside from ingredients?
10. Describe how Kroc was similar to Carnegie and Rockefeller in his business strategies.
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)