|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Kroc's personality opposite?
(a) Harry Jonasborn.
(b) Harris Sonney.
(c) Harley Smithington.
(d) Harry Sonneborn.
2. In 1995, according to McDonald's: Behind the Arches, how many restaurants did McDonald's have?
3. What social group did the McDonald brothers become a part of because of their drive-in?
(a) The San Bernadino social elite.
(d) The celebrity elite.
4. What strategy did Big Boys use at its beginning stages of development?
(a) Staying local.
(b) One menu item.
(c) Getting smaller.
(d) Getting bigger and full service.
5. How did the McDonald brother's envision the future business of McDonald's?
(b) As a whole.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Kroc tolerate in his business?
2. What type of structure does McDonald's have?
3. Who did Kroc suggest incorporate a curb side service?
4. What did the press focus on in regards to McDonald's?
5. What does the foreword of McDonald's: Behind the Arches explain?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did other managers adopt Kroc's principles?
2. Describe the state of California in the early 1930s and its relationship to curbside restaurants.
3. What did Kroc believe happened if one fought maverick franchises?
4. Describe the parts of the McDonald's process.
5. What did Kroc end up fighting about with one of his franchise manager's?
6. Describe when franchising began.
7. What does the foreword of McDonald's: Behind the Arches explain about the public's understanding of McDonald's?
8. What was the difference between the McDonald brothers vision for McDonald's and Kroc's vision for it?
9. Describe where the McDonald's name comes from.
10. Describe what Kroc mandated in his restaurants.
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)