|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was the original McDonald's restaurant opened?
2. In 1995, according to McDonald's: Behind the Arches, how many restaurants did McDonald's have?
3. How did Kroc envision the future business of McDonald's?
(d) As a whole.
4. In 1995, how many people did McDonald's employ in America, according to McDonald's: Behind the Arches?
5. What strategy did Big Boys use at its beginning stages of development?
(a) Staying local.
(b) One menu item.
(c) Getting bigger and full service.
(d) Getting smaller.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the foreword of McDonald's: Behind the Arches explain?
2. What did Kroc want to improve as he focused on building the operating system?
3. What menu item did McDonald's begin to experiment with in Chapter 6?
4. Where does the restaurant's name McDonald's come from?
5. Where is McDonald's Plaza?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe when franchising began.
2. Describe the state of California in the early 1930s and its relationship to curbside restaurants.
3. What did Kroc believe happened if one fought maverick franchises?
4. What did Kroc end up fighting about with one of his franchise manager's?
5. How did Kroc redefine customer-supplier relationships?
6. What happened in the 1950s in the restaurant food chain business.
7. What helped end Kroc's difficulty in obtaining success in the West?
8. What does the foreword of McDonald's: Behind the Arches explain about the public's understanding of McDonald's?
9. Why did other managers adopt Kroc's principles?
10. What happened when Ray Kroc met the McDonald's brothers in 1954?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)