|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Kroc see fighting with maverick franchises would result in?
(a) Fighting about everything.
(b) A good partnership.
(c) A bad relationship.
2. In 1995, how many people did McDonald's employ in America, according to McDonald's: Behind the Arches?
3. What did Kroc limit in his business at McDonald's?
(b) Franchise ownership.
(c) Members of his board.
(d) Loss of control.
4. Where is McDonald's Plaza?
(a) Topeka, KS.
(b) Oak Brook, IL.
(c) Chicago, IL.
(d) Atlanta, GA.
5. What did Kroc assemble with the manager's he hired in McDonald's?
(a) Similar traits.
(c) Common bonds.
(d) Most diverse collected of managers in American business.
Short Answer Questions
1. What opening became a social event?
2. What menu item did McDonald's begin to experiment with in Chapter 6?
3. How much did the first year of the Agates net for Kroc?
4. What strategy did Big Boys use at its beginning stages of development?
5. What was the result of Kroc's ruthless enforcement of procedure?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Kroc try to improve his product in other ways aside from ingredients?
2. Describe why Big Boy and Dairy Queens were unsuccessful in comparison to McDonald's.
3. Describe the franchise ownership of McDonald's.
4. Describe what Kroc mandated in his restaurants.
5. Why did other managers adopt Kroc's principles?
6. Describe where the McDonald's name comes from.
7. Detail a few of the statistics given in the foreword about the US consumption of McDonald's products.
8. What does the foreword of McDonald's: Behind the Arches explain about the public's understanding of McDonald's?
9. Describe the state of California in the early 1930s and its relationship to curbside restaurants.
10. How did Kroc react as McDonald's grew?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)