|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much did the first year of the Agates net for Kroc?
2. According to author, what does McDonald's management not include?
(a) Taxes taken out.
(c) Any steady politics.
(d) Health care.
3. What did Kroc's franchise's begin to deviate from after the Agates stabilized?
(a) The red, yellow, and white color theme.
(c) The confines of Kroc's model.
(d) Ronald McDonald as their mascot.
4. Where did many of Kroc's franchiser's come from?
(a) His family members.
(b) No where.
(c) The real estate market.
(d) Kroc's fellow golf club members.
5. What was the financial state of the McDonald brothers in the 1930s?
(d) Moderately rich.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the author, what was Kroc considered to be above anything else?
2. When did Kroc form the McDonald's system?
3. What happened when Kroc took over McDonald's?
4. Who was Kroc's personality opposite?
5. How much did the Agates make in its first 12 months?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the parts of the McDonald's process.
2. Describe why Big Boy and Dairy Queens were unsuccessful in comparison to McDonald's.
3. What did Kroc end up fighting about with one of his franchise manager's?
4. Describe when franchising began.
5. What did June Martino suggest that proved to be very worthwhile to the McDonald's industry?
6. How did Kroc react as McDonald's grew?
7. What happened when Ray Kroc met the McDonald's brothers in 1954?
8. Explain the press and McDonald's relationship as described in the foreword.
9. What does the foreword of McDonald's: Behind the Arches explain about the public's understanding of McDonald's?
10. Describe the franchise ownership of McDonald's.
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)