|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1995, according to McDonald's: Behind the Arches, how many American's had eaten at McDonald's at least once in the previous year?
2. According to the author, how did Kroc set the tone of McDonald's reaction to change?
(a) Trial and error mentality.
(b) The market value.
(c) It happened naturally for him.
(d) The real estate value.
3. When did Kroc form the McDonald's system?
(a) March 5, 1955.
(b) March 3, 1955.
(c) March 6 1955.
(d) March 2, 1955.
4. Where does the restaurant's name McDonald's come from?
(a) Dick McDonald.
(b) Mac McDonald.
(d) Richard McDonald.
5. How old was Kroc when McDonald's was incorporated?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the financial state of the McDonald brothers in the 1930s?
2. Who was Kroc's personality opposite?
3. Who suggested opening a lab for McDonald's to run its tests and experiments?
4. How many parts of the process are there to uphold the common standard qualities for McDonald's?
5. Who became a kind of "den mother" in the family at McDonald's?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did June Martino suggest that proved to be very worthwhile to the McDonald's industry?
2. How did Kroc redefine customer-supplier relationships?
3. What happened in the 1950s in the restaurant food chain business.
4. What did Kroc end up fighting about with one of his franchise manager's?
5. What was Kroc's physical state when McDonald's becomes incorporated?
6. Describe how Kroc was similar to Carnegie and Rockefeller in his business strategies.
7. How did Kroc try to improve his product in other ways aside from ingredients?
8. Describe where the McDonald's name comes from.
9. What did Kroc avoid within his franchise business?
10. What was the difference between the McDonald brothers vision for McDonald's and Kroc's vision for it?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)