|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Kroc bring his idea of the Multimixer into the public eye?
(b) The market.
(d) Dairy Queen.
2. What opening became a social event?
(a) The opening of Wendy's.
(b) The opening of Agates in Waukegan.
(c) The opening of the Big Boy.
(d) The opening of a drive thru service window.
3. Where was the first US carhop drive-in?
4. According to Chapter 3, what did food franchising predate?
(a) Chewing gum.
(c) Sewing machines.
5. Who does the author compare Kroc to in the entrepreneur world?
(a) No one.
(b) Carnegie and Rockefeller.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many parts of the process are there to uphold the common standard qualities for McDonald's?
2. What does the foreword of McDonald's: Behind the Arches explain?
3. What business did Kroc first get into?
4. Who did Kroc suggest incorporate a curb side service?
5. When did Kroc form the McDonald's system?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened when Ray Kroc met the McDonald's brothers in 1954?
2. What did Kroc believe happened if one fought maverick franchises?
3. How did Kroc react as McDonald's grew?
4. How did Kroc try to improve his product in other ways aside from ingredients?
5. Describe what Kroc mandated in his restaurants.
6. Describe when franchising began.
7. Describe how Kroc was similar to Carnegie and Rockefeller in his business strategies.
8. How did Kroc redefine customer-supplier relationships?
9. Explain the press and McDonald's relationship as described in the foreword.
10. What was the difference between the McDonald brothers vision for McDonald's and Kroc's vision for it?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)