|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was the original McDonald's restaurant opened?
2. In 1995, according to McDonald's: Behind the Arches, how many restaurants did McDonald's have?
3. In what state did carhop drive-ins spread rapidly?
(d) New Mexico.
4. Who is credited for opening the first McDonald's?
(c) Richard and Maurice McDonald.
5. According to Chapter 6, who were committed to making the best hamburger in the world?
(a) McDonald's managers.
(c) Richard and Maurice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What made Kroc upset with one of his franchise managers?
2. Where did many of Kroc's franchiser's come from?
3. What did Kroc limit in his business at McDonald's?
4. What social group did the McDonald brothers become a part of because of their drive-in?
5. What originally did not exist in McDonald's but was eventually developed to make their hamburger?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened in the 1950s in the restaurant food chain business.
2. Detail a few of the statistics given in the foreword about the US consumption of McDonald's products.
3. Discuss the type of people Kroc hired as managers for McDonald's.
4. What market did Kroc first get into that propelled him towards the food production business?
5. Describe when franchising began.
6. What did Kroc believe happened if one fought maverick franchises?
7. Describe the parts of the McDonald's process.
8. Describe the franchise ownership of McDonald's.
9. What was Kroc's physical state when McDonald's becomes incorporated?
10. Describe where the McDonald's name comes from.
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)