|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did McDonald's have to appear to investors to have the support of large lenders?
(a) Appear eager.
(b) Appear risk worthy.
(c) Appear satisfied.
(d) Appear confident.
2. What was McDonald's considered to be in regards to the real estate world?
(a) The greatest real estate company in the world.
(b) A monopoly.
(c) The weakest real estate company in the world.
(d) A subsidiary.
3. What other food service chain is used today to diversify McDonald's holdings?
4. What was the 1970s defamation of McDonald's reputation an example of?
(a) How fast rumors can spread.
(b) Fallacy in the public opinion.
(c) False advertisement.
(d) McDonald's trouble with the media.
5. How many McDonald's did Turner open a year as a result of the successful real estate holdings?
6. Where did McDonald's first go international?
(a) Canada and Mexico.
(b) Spain and Italy.
(c) Switzerland and Spain.
(d) London and France.
7. How did the international branch of McDonald's raise its food profile?
(c) Better quality of food overseas.
(d) Cheap prices.
8. When did Kroc's contract expire between Kroc and the McDonald brothers?
9. What did Kroc increase for McDonald's?
(a) Expansion in West.
(c) Number of stores built.
10. What did Kroc want to buy in Chapter 8?
(a) International land to develop McDonald's.
(c) All of the McDonald's.
(d) The McDonald's name from the McDonald brothers.
11. What other rigor, beside real estate development, did McDonald's apply to its product as a whole?
(a) Store operations and product development.
(b) Customer service.
(c) Customer satisfaction.
12. Who did Kroc start a new life with, after he gave away more of his control of McDonald's?
13. Who ran McDonald's longer than its founder, yet never showed Kroc up?
14. When did Maurice McDonald die?
15. What did the new strategy of Sonneborn's immediately create?
(a) Cash flow and control for McDonald's.
(b) Low demand.
(c) High demand.
(d) Increase in sales.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Harry Sonneborn create for McDonald's?
2. What was Kroc's first wife's name?
3. What famous icon became associated with McDonald's, after being effective with the children?
4. By what time had the McDonald's Operators Association lost its punch?
5. What did McDonald's have trouble with in Chapter7?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)