|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Ronald McDonald birthed as the face of McDonald's?
2. What was Kroc's first wife's name?
3. How many stores did McDonald's have by 1978?
4. What did Sonneborn's idea involve?
(a) Creating a separate real estate agency.
(b) Developing its own land.
(c) Buying more land.
(d) Farming its own crops.
5. What does McDonald's offer to everyone from its franchises?
(a) Dental insurance.
(c) Stock options.
(d) Tax exemption.
6. Who remained to be the McDonald's spokesman throughout the 1970s?
7. What innovative advertisement proved to be successful for McDonald's after Kroc's death?
(a) Ads in subways and train stations.
(b) Radio jingles.
(c) Sporting event advertisements.
8. What famous icon became associated with McDonald's, after being effective with the children?
(a) The farm animals.
(b) Bozo the Clown.
(c) Sneaky creatures.
(d) Ronald McDonald.
9. What was McDonald's considered to be in regards to the real estate world?
(a) The greatest real estate company in the world.
(b) The weakest real estate company in the world.
(c) A subsidiary.
(d) A monopoly.
10. What was Kroc and Cotter's relationship like?
(a) They hated each other mutually.
(b) They worked well in business.
(c) They were best friends.
(d) They loved each other mutually.
11. What did Kroc move to redesign after he gained complete control and ownership of the restaurant?
(a) The playground.
(b) The bathroom layout.
(c) The architecture.
(d) The kitchen's layout.
12. Who was responsible for doubling McDonald's real estate holdings?
13. Who did Kroc and Sonneborn use as a buffer for communication?
(b) No one.
(c) Their secretaries.
14. What was the 1970s defamation of McDonald's reputation an example of?
(a) McDonald's trouble with the media.
(b) False advertisement.
(c) How fast rumors can spread.
(d) Fallacy in the public opinion.
15. What type of clothing was particularly effective with the children when McDonald's was developing its first mascot or icon?
(b) A clown suit.
(c) A face mask.
(d) A big dress.
Short Answer Questions
1. What food market was at one time fraught with difficulty at McDonald's?
2. What rumor in the 1970s hurt McDonald's reputation?
3. Who did NOT get rich as a result of McDonald's appraisal worth?
4. Who ran McDonald's longer than its founder, yet never showed Kroc up?
5. Where was Kroc's first public relations firm located?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)