|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did McDonald's serve its 50 billionth hamburger?
(a) November 21, 1984.
(b) December 21, 1981.
(c) It hasn't yet.
(d) October 21, 1981.
2. What rumor in the 1970s hurt McDonald's reputation?
(a) That their hamburgers were made with worms.
(b) That they violated the health code daily.
(c) That they under cooked their chicken.
(d) That they did not wash their hands.
3. What was Kroc and Cotter's relationship like?
(a) They were best friends.
(b) They loved each other mutually.
(c) They worked well in business.
(d) They hated each other mutually.
4. Who did Kroc have business tension with?
(a) The McDonald brothers.
(d) No one.
5. Who did Kroc relinquish control of McDonald's to as his personal life became complicated?
(b) Fred Turner.
6. What was Kroc's first wife's name?
7. What did Kroc increase for McDonald's?
(b) Number of stores built.
(d) Expansion in West.
8. How many McDonald's did Turner open a year as a result of the successful real estate holdings?
9. Who did Kroc start a new life with, after he gave away more of his control of McDonald's?
10. What did the International branch of McDonald's ultimately realize to help them become successful?
(a) They are an American food industry and have to stick to American style.
(b) They need to focus on all types of ethnic foods.
(c) They must embrace the difference in cultures and learn from them.
(d) They need to include at least one ethnic menu item to the country it inhabits.
11. What did McDonald's need to secure mortgage loans for multiple stores and large lenders?
(a) Another strategy.
(b) A CEO.
(c) A new recipe.
(d) A new committe.
12. How many stores did McDonald's have by 1978?
13. What did Harry Sonneborn create for McDonald's?
(a) A new restaurant design.
(b) A recipe.
(c) A real estate investment strategy.
(d) A new logo.
14. Who was responsible for doubling McDonald's real estate holdings?
15. What did Kroc decide to take over, after his broken engagement?
(a) The East coast.
(b) The West coast.
(c) The Southeast.
(d) The Midwest.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was the Operators National Advertising Cooperative formed?
2. What did McDonald's do to solve their staffing policies?
3. What was McDonald's considered to be in regards to the real estate world?
4. Where did McDonald's try to steer the media's attention?
5. When did Kroc's contract expire between Kroc and the McDonald brothers?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)