|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Kroc move to redesign after he gained complete control and ownership of the restaurant?
(a) The architecture.
(b) The kitchen's layout.
(c) The playground.
(d) The bathroom layout.
2. What did McDonald's need to secure mortgage loans for multiple stores and large lenders?
(a) A CEO.
(b) Another strategy.
(c) A new committe.
(d) A new recipe.
3. What percent of McDonald's did Sonneborn?
4. What does McDonald's insist that it will never use to make its hamburgers?
(a) Non lean meat.
(b) Frozen meats.
(c) Fatty meat.
(d) Old meat.
5. Where was Kroc's first public relations firm located?
(c) San Bernadino.
6. Mentioned in Chapter 14, what did McDonald's avoid using?
(a) Verbal contracts.
(b) Making contracts.
(c) Written contracts.
(d) Breaking contracts.
7. In 1961, how many stores did McDonald's have open?
8. How much did the McDonald brothers ask for their name?
(a) $3.1 million.
(b) $2.2 million.
(c) $2.7 million.
(d) $ 3.5 million.
9. What did Kroc want to buy in Chapter 8?
(a) International land to develop McDonald's.
(b) All of the McDonald's.
(c) The McDonald's name from the McDonald brothers.
10. Who did Kroc start a new life with, after he gave away more of his control of McDonald's?
11. How did McDonald's have to appear to investors to have the support of large lenders?
(a) Appear eager.
(b) Appear risk worthy.
(c) Appear confident.
(d) Appear satisfied.
12. What was the entry of McDonald's into Russia a sign and reflection of?
(b) Fall of resistance to the US.
(d) Social and political change.
13. What was Kroc's second wife's name?
14. Who was Frank Cotter?
(a) The judge of the the McDonald-Kroc case.
(b) The lawyer of Kroc.
(c) The lawyer of the McDonald brothers.
(d) The disputer between Kroc and the McDonald brothers.
15. What type of strategy is formed when the land owner subleases to the franchises?
(a) A contracting relationship.
(b) A contractual stragtegy.
(c) A sandwich stategy.
(d) An agreement strategy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was McDonald's considered to be in regards to the real estate world?
2. Where did McDonald's try to steer the media's attention?
3. What famous icon became associated with McDonald's, after being effective with the children?
4. What happened that tainted McDonald's image of being a safe place?
5. Who did Kroc and Sonneborn use as a buffer for communication?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)