|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did McDonald's serve its 50 billionth hamburger?
(a) December 21, 1981.
(b) It hasn't yet.
(c) October 21, 1981.
(d) November 21, 1984.
2. Who remained to be the McDonald's spokesman throughout the 1970s?
3. What does McDonald's use to generate greater efficiency?
(a) Positive reinforcements.
(b) Negative reinforcements.
4. What moved Kroc to California in the early 1960s?
(b) A love interest and divorce.
5. What is the McDonald's Operators Association?
(a) A board of trustees.
(b) A board to voice McDonald employee needs.
(c) Body of selected representatives from the population of franchises that meets with McDoanld's leaders.
(d) A board of all the McDonald franchise managers.
6. Where was Kroc's first public relations firm located?
(a) San Bernadino.
7. What innovative advertisement proved to be successful for McDonald's after Kroc's death?
(a) Sporting event advertisements.
(c) Ads in subways and train stations.
(d) Radio jingles.
8. What did Kroc's negotiation to do his relationship with the McDonald brothers?
(a) Destroyed it.
(b) Healed it.
(c) Deepened it.
(d) Developed it.
9. What was McDonald's considered to be in regards to the real estate world?
(a) A subsidiary.
(b) The greatest real estate company in the world.
(c) A monopoly.
(d) The weakest real estate company in the world.
10. What did Kroc decide to take over, after his broken engagement?
(a) The West coast.
(b) The Southeast.
(c) The Midwest.
(d) The East coast.
11. What/who did Kroc support that nearly got McDonald's into trouble?
(d) The Vietnam War.
12. Who was responsible for doubling McDonald's real estate holdings?
13. Which of the following were NOT introduced as new products simultaneously at McDonald's?
(a) The Egg McMuffin.
(b) The Quarter Pounder.
(c) The Big Mac.
(d) The Apple Pie.
14. Who did Kroc have business tension with?
(a) No one.
(d) The McDonald brothers.
15. What percent of McDonald's did Sonneborn?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Kroc's behind the scene predecessor bring to the company?
2. What did the advertising of McDonald's do to Kroc's personal life?
3. Who did Kroc and Sonneborn use as a buffer for communication?
4. What happened that tainted McDonald's image of being a safe place?
5. In 1961, how many stores did McDonald's have open?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)