|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the entry of McDonald's into Russia a sign and reflection of?
(b) Fall of resistance to the US.
(c) Social and political change.
2. Mentioned in Chapter 14, what did McDonald's avoid using?
(a) Written contracts.
(b) Verbal contracts.
(c) Making contracts.
(d) Breaking contracts.
3. Where did McDonald's try to steer the media's attention?
(a) To the amount of hamburgers they sold.
(b) To the amount of french fries they sold.
(c) To the amount of employees they had.
(d) To the amount of fish sandwiches they sold.
4. What was Kroc's second wife's name?
5. What is the potato manufacturer called?
(d) Simple plots.
6. What did the new strategy of Sonneborn's immediately create?
(a) Low demand.
(b) Increase in sales.
(c) High demand.
(d) Cash flow and control for McDonald's.
7. What is the McDonald's Operators Association?
(a) A board to voice McDonald employee needs.
(b) Body of selected representatives from the population of franchises that meets with McDoanld's leaders.
(c) A board of all the McDonald franchise managers.
(d) A board of trustees.
8. Who ran McDonald's longer than its founder, yet never showed Kroc up?
9. What happened that tainted McDonald's image of being a safe place?
(a) A person got food poisioning and died.
(b) Car theft.
(c) A shooting.
(d) A robbery.
10. When did Kroc's contract expire between Kroc and the McDonald brothers?
11. What did Kroc increase for McDonald's?
(a) Expansion in West.
(c) Number of stores built.
12. What was Kroc and Cotter's relationship like?
(a) They were best friends.
(b) They worked well in business.
(c) They loved each other mutually.
(d) They hated each other mutually.
13. When did McDonald's serve its 50 billionth hamburger?
(a) It hasn't yet.
(b) December 21, 1981.
(c) October 21, 1981.
(d) November 21, 1984.
14. What did the advertising of McDonald's do to Kroc's personal life?
(a) Attracted attention to his good nature.
(b) Attracted attention to his family.
(c) Attracted attention to his management skills.
(d) Attracted attention to his personal life.
15. How many stores did McDonald's have by 1978?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did McDonald's have to appear to investors to have the support of large lenders?
2. What did McDonald's need to secure mortgage loans for multiple stores and large lenders?
3. In 1961 how many states had McDonald's restaurants?
4. What type of clothing was particularly effective with the children when McDonald's was developing its first mascot or icon?
5. What type of strategy is formed when the land owner subleases to the franchises?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)