|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did McDonald's need to secure mortgage loans for multiple stores and large lenders?
(a) A new committe.
(b) A new recipe.
(c) Another strategy.
(d) A CEO.
2. What famous icon became associated with McDonald's, after being effective with the children?
(a) The farm animals.
(b) Ronald McDonald.
(c) Bozo the Clown.
(d) Sneaky creatures.
3. How did McDonald's reshape the food service industry?
(a) By introducing new marketing techniques.
(b) By introducing new ideas.
(c) By developing benefits for the food service industry.
(d) By building its own wing of food processing trade.
4. Who did Turner rely on during financial pressures?
5. What did McDonald's charge that enabled them to afford the land they planned to build on?
(a) Mark up the land.
(b) Reduce the price of the land.
(c) Mark up the sale.
(d) Reduce the price of the sale.
6. Where did the original McDonald's character's develop from?
(a) Farm animals.
(b) Kids toys.
(c) Cheap cartooons.
(d) Crude original models.
7. What percent of McDonald's did Sonneborn?
8. How much did the McDonald brothers ask for their name?
(a) $2.7 million.
(b) $3.1 million.
(c) $2.2 million.
(d) $ 3.5 million.
9. What type of problems did McDonald's face in the 1970s?
(a) Public relations and profitablity.
10. When did Maurice McDonald die?
11. How did the international branch of McDonald's raise its food profile?
(b) Cheap prices.
(c) Better quality of food overseas.
12. What did Sonneborn reduce for McDonald's?
(d) Number of stores built.
13. What type of strategy is formed when the land owner subleases to the franchises?
(a) A contractual stragtegy.
(b) A sandwich stategy.
(c) An agreement strategy.
(d) A contracting relationship.
14. What did McDonald's do to solve their staffing policies?
(a) Hire minimum wage employees.
(b) Hire women.
(c) Hire African Americans.
(d) Hire senior citizens.
15. When was the fish sandwich developed at McDonald's?
(a) During the 1960s.
(b) During the 1980s.
(c) It was an original menu item.
(d) During the 1970s.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who ran McDonald's longer than its founder, yet never showed Kroc up?
2. What did the new strategy of Sonneborn's immediately create?
3. What was the name of the theme park McDonald's considers developing?
4. When was Ronald McDonald birthed as the face of McDonald's?
5. What began to diversify in the late 1960s early 1970s for McDonald's?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)