|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the international branch of McDonald's raise its food profile?
(a) Cheap prices.
(d) Better quality of food overseas.
2. Who was responsible for doubling McDonald's real estate holdings?
3. What does McDonald's offer to everyone from its franchises?
(b) Stock options.
(c) Tax exemption.
(d) Dental insurance.
4. How did McDonald's reshape the food service industry?
(a) By introducing new ideas.
(b) By developing benefits for the food service industry.
(c) By introducing new marketing techniques.
(d) By building its own wing of food processing trade.
5. When was Ronald McDonald birthed as the face of McDonald's?
6. What did Kroc increase for McDonald's?
(a) Number of stores built.
(d) Expansion in West.
7. How did McDonald's find a way to make money?
(a) With real estate and strategy.
(b) With a method.
(c) With a new look.
(d) With advertisments.
8. Where was Kroc's first public relations firm located?
(b) San Bernadino.
9. What moved Kroc to California in the early 1960s?
(c) A love interest and divorce.
10. What is the potato manufacturer called?
(a) Simple plots.
11. What did the advertising of McDonald's do to Kroc's personal life?
(a) Attracted attention to his family.
(b) Attracted attention to his management skills.
(c) Attracted attention to his good nature.
(d) Attracted attention to his personal life.
12. In Chapter 7, why did Kroc desire to buy out the McDonald brothers?
(a) His desires were bigger than theirs were.
(b) He wanted to violate the contract.
(c) They thought locally.
(d) They thought too globally.
13. What type of strategy is formed when the land owner subleases to the franchises?
(a) A contractual stragtegy.
(b) A contracting relationship.
(c) An agreement strategy.
(d) A sandwich stategy.
14. What was the name of the theme park McDonald's considers developing?
(a) The Frontier.
(b) The Land of the West Expansion.
(c) The Western World.
(d) The Western Front.
15. What was Kroc's second wife's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Turner rely on during financial pressures?
2. When was the fish sandwich developed at McDonald's?
3. What did Kroc move to redesign after he gained complete control and ownership of the restaurant?
4. How did McDonald's have to appear to investors to have the support of large lenders?
5. Mentioned in Chapter 14, what did McDonald's avoid using?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)