|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, The Buyout.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did franchising begin in America?
(a) After WWII.
(b) After the Civil War.
(c) After the Revolutionary War.
(d) After the Vietnam War.
2. What happened within months of the opening of the Agates?
(a) The menu prices increased.
(b) People traveled in from other states.
(c) Advertisements were seen nationwide.
(d) Revenue increased.
3. According to Chapter 3, what did food franchising predate?
(a) Chewing gum.
(d) Sewing machines.
4. What was the financial state of the McDonald brothers in the 1930s?
(a) Moderately rich.
5. What made Kroc upset with one of his franchise managers?
(a) He added cheese to the hamburger.
(b) He marketed differently.
(c) He raises the hamburger from 15 to 18 cents.
(d) He began to add deserts.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what state did carhop drive-ins spread rapidly?
2. How much did the Agates make in its first 12 months?
3. What did Kroc avoid in the franchise business?
4. What social group did the McDonald brothers become a part of because of their drive-in?
5. When was the original McDonald's restaurant opened?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)