Foreword, The Unknown McDonald's
• Foreword, The Unknown McDonald's.
• The foreword addresses what the book's purpose is.
• It discusses the McDonald's headquarters as unpretentious and looking like a war zone.
• In 1995, McDonald's was wildly successful with over 96% of Americans having eaten at one in 1994.
• It has 14,000 restaurants, served over 100 billion hamburgers, and employs over 500,000 Americans.
• It is the largest purchaser of beef and consumes 5% percent of the US potato crop.
• McDonald's has a massive effect on real estate and Kroc was revolutionary in his advances in franchising.
• No one dominates McDonald's, its structure is fundamentally federal.
Chapter 1, Yes, There is a McDonald
• Chapter 1, Yes, There is a McDonald
• Two brothers, Richard and Maurice McDonald, opened the first McDonald's in 1955.
• They lacked the organizational skills to take the business where it needed and could prosper, but these two men did discover fast food.
• Drive-ins were very popular in California during...
This section contains 1,621 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)