|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was one outstanding feature about Isabelle that Marc remembers?
(a) She was a horrible person.
(b) She never wore underwear.
(c) She had beautiful eyes.
(d) She had the softest skin.
2. Who is in the framed picture that Gallimard picks up?
(a) Song's grandfather.
(b) Song's father
(d) Song's son.
3. Where does Scene 11 take place?
(a) The American embassy.
(b) The German embassy.
(c) The Austrian embassy
(d) The French embassy.
4. In grammar school, what title was Gallimard given?
(a) "Least likely to kiss a girl."
(b) "Least popular."
(c) "Least likely to be invited to a party."
(d) "Least likely to succeed."
5. What is one of the features of Pinkerton's house?
(a) A view of the ocean.
(b) A disco mirror ball.
(c) A view of the rice fields.
(d) Shag carpet.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did it take before Gallimard went to see Song perform at the opera house?
2. How large is Gallimard's cell?
3. What is Song wearing when Gallimard enters her apartment?
4. Where does Scene 13 take place?
5. By what other name does Pinkerton's wife go?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Song's opinion on how managed to change Gallimard's destiny?
2. Why does Gallimard want to see Song fully naked?
3. In the opera, how does the character of Butterfly look on Pinkerton?
4. Why is Gallimard's experiment with Song considered a success when she claims that she has given him her shame?
5. Why did Song take so much care in her first appearance to Gallimard when he finds him in France?
6. What does Gallimard's experience with Isabelle reflect his sex life as a whole?
7. What happens when Gallimard sees Song naked for the first time?
8. Why does Song speak in Italian at the end of Act 1?
9. How does Song's opinion of Madame Butterfly differ from Gallimard's?
10. What is the nature of Gallimard's experiment with Song? Why does he decide to treat her in this fashion?
This section contains 806 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)