|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Madame Butterfly, how old is Butterfly?
2. What does Toulon believe about Gallimard?
(a) He is tidy and efficient.
(b) He is too quiet.
(c) He will change the world.
(d) He is a passionate man.
3. In Act 1, Scene 7, when Gallimard is speaking to Helga, what does he say about the Chinese?
(a) They are an amazing people.
(b) They are a young people.
(c) They are an incredibly arrogant people.
(d) They are a people with a rich heritage.
4. What does Sharpless say will be engraved on Pinkerton's tombstone?
(a) "I loved the perfect woman."
(b) "I saved a dollar, here I lie."
(c) "I saved a woman, here I lie."
(d) "I loved money."
5. In grammar school, what title was Gallimard given?
(a) "Least likely to succeed."
(b) "Least likely to be invited to a party."
(c) "Least likely to kiss a girl."
(d) "Least popular."
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Song get upset about when she enters the room?
2. At what time does Song call Gallimard?
3. According to Gallimard, how does Manuel Toulon think of himself?
4. What does Gallimard say about Song's performance?
5. Where did Helga go on the night Gallimard went to the opera house?
Short Essay Questions
1. In the story of Madame Butterfly, how is Butterfly treated by Pinkerton?
2. How is the character of Isabelle important?
3. What does Gallimard mean when he says he has become a celebrity?
4. How does Song's opinion of Madame Butterfly differ from Gallimard's?
5. How does Renee's candor about sexuality and the human anatomy differ from Galliamard's?
6. How does Chin's point of view of Song's service to the Revolution differ from Song's?
7. Why does Song say that Peepee will never live in the West?
8. What is Gallimard's relationship with Marc?
9. How does Gallimard's character change at the end of Scene 10?
10. What does Song say she wants to do by the end of her encounter with Chin in Act 2, Scene 9? Is this her own choice?
This section contains 824 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)